Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Yeah. But "retro mod" is definitely "in" and WDW opened up in a mod era. Who wouldn't want a pair of these chairs in their house (from the original design of the Contemporary).

contemporary-resort-room-1971.jpeg
I want those groovy chairs.

And what I can't figure out is why Disney does not market more aggressively the "retro" side of WDW. If they sold new versions of old logo merchandise, it would be huge.

I think they're starting to get on board with this idea. When I was there in June, there were a few tees and things with the classic EPCOT logo on them. And there's this blog post from October: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...oming-to-walt-disney-world-resort-this-month/

Hopefully the retro stuff will sell well and Disney will get the idea that there is a good market there. Retro-inspired merchandise is definitely more appealing to me than this stuff:

I think they're starting to get on board with this idea. When I was there in June, there were a few tees and things with the classic EPCOT logo on them. And there's this blog post from October: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...oming-to-walt-disney-world-resort-this-month/

Hopefully the retro stuff will sell well and Disney will get the idea that there is a good market there. Retro-inspired merchandise is definitely more appealing to me than this stuff:

Exactly. Now put this on a t-shirt, and I will buy it!!

Monorail+Tin+Attraction+Poster.jpg

think they're starting to get on board with this idea. When I was there in June, there were a few tees and things with the classic EPCOT logo on them. And there's this blog post from October: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...oming-to-walt-disney-world-resort-this-month/

I totally agree. I hate the generic Disney Parks stuff.....at least that one says WDW.

Are the Epcot Segway tours no longer running? Haven't had a chance to experience one yet.

Are the Epcot Segway tours no longer running? Haven't had a chance to experience one yet.

Seems so... Only Segway remaining is the one at Fort Wilderness. (If memory serves)

Glad we did the one at EPCOT a few years back. Now we plan on the Fort Wilderness Segway on our next trip.
(Want to get it in before something happens... )

Last edited:

No, they stopped those a few years ago, I think. I was really bummed because I so wanted to do that tour around the WS.

I do remember the POTC before they changed it. Not only were the men chasing the women but the big banner read "Buy a WENCH" instead of Buy a Bride. I seem to remember some brouhaha regarding it. Also, I can't remember because everytime we are get to that section we don't hear it. The overweight bride the guy is trying to sell, when the auctioneer names a price, does someone still yell "are you charging by the pound?" I figured they may have changed that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter