Picture of the Day Thread - April 16, 2008 - CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One for today-

273672738_3mYR8-L-2.jpg

It was a dark ride, it was located where mission space is currently located if I'm not mistaken. I never got to ride it but hearing the attraction on Utilidors Audio Broadcasting makes me think I would have loved it!

Horizons was a great old dark ride about how different eras viewed the future, like HG Wells, etc. A few of the props (including a robot butler) are currently on display in the 25th anniversary display at Epcot. It had a choose-your-own ending scene, long before Spaceship Earth added one (granted, it was a little more primitive, but very similar concept!)

One rumor I heard was that the ground it was built on was becoming unstable, so it would have to be torn down regardless, but I don't know if that's the truth or not. :confused3 But, along with World of Motion, that was the end of charming "fun" dark rides in Future World.

Spent last week at WDW and came away with some good shots. Here's one from Friday morning .....

June2008020.jpg

and only because I have been away for over two weeks from the DISBoard ..... one more for today ....

June2008245.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter