Picture Locations

cinmell

DIS Veteran
Aside from the castle, where are some locations you take pictures? Each time we go our pictures always wind up being at the same locations. I'd like to get some nice pictures since this is my daughter's first time to Disney. ;)

WE usually take a picture in the stocks outside the Haunted mansion. We even stopped once and took one in the middle of a rain storm!

We always take a photo by the trolls in the shops at the Norway pavilion in Epcot.

I always get one family picture in front of the main symbol for each park (the castle, the golf ball, the tree of life, and the sorcerer hat). Also take some of the disposable waterproof cameras for some pictures in the water and on the wet rides. I tried to put a good variety up on my website (link below) and you're welcome to take a look for some ideas.

In front of the Crystal Palace was nice. Also, on the little wooden overpass just to the left of the Castle.

I also do family pics in front of each major park symbol. We also seem to always take a picture right as you are about to enter MK below the train station where all the nice gardening and landscaping is planted. I try to get a train waiting in the station too.

Another place we try is not in the parks but at the CR. It is a metal sculpture thing of the Mickey ears and has Mickey looking over the middle or something like that. DW and I each climb up into an ear and DD sits in the middle. It is near the boat dock and they even have a stand there so you can do self pictures.

This is a fun question! I'm always looking for different shots too.

In the MK try the wishing well.If you're coming from Main Street it's to the right of the castle...there's a walkway back there.
Frontierland there'sa nice place across the way from Diamond Horseshoe,where you can get the riverboat and the HM in the background.

MGM...ther speeder bike across from Star Tours.
There's a snowman on a street by Pizza Planet.
The Singing in the Rain Umbrella on the back street.
Gertie the dinosaur (they sell ice cream inside) across from Indy.
Do you know who Gertie is? She was the very first EVER animated character.

AK...in Asia there's this big broken up dragon,it looks like it came out of Mulan.
In Dinoland there is a walk area thru a garden...I can't think of the name right now...anyway there is a life size Hadrasaur...the boys LOVE her.They climb all over it.Gotten some great pictures there!

EPCOT...during F&G like to take pictures with the topiaries.
Totem pole in Canada.There'sa Hidden Mickey on it!
Phone booth in GB, the kids get inside.
The gondalas in Italy and the fake burro.
The Viking ship play area in Norway.
Universe of Energy has the huge dino topiaries all the time.
The jumping fountains outside Journey into Imagination.

That's all I can think of right now.I'm going thru my WDW pictures this week so I'll see what else I might find!

we like to get those official pictures that they take as you enter the park too. These tend to be the few shots we have as an entire family, so we take a moment to move the stroller out of the shot, take off our bum bags, and water bottles and just make ourselves look presentable.

(Nothing fancy, but the first one we went to look at we looked so silly with all out 'gear' in it, that we didn't buy it even though we all had nice smiles).

Bev

When we were there in 93 I took a picture of my dh kissing a Goofy statue. It was in downtown disney. Goofy was next to a shop. Dh had to jump up there with Goofy in the little area that was the base for Goofy. I would like to get all my boys and Dh with this same statue. I know dd has changed since 93. Does anyone know where this could have been?
;) :D

momofoneplustwins= 3!!

Hi and welcome to the DIS!! :) :) :)

I think I know what statue you're talking about,I've taken Erich's picture with him several times.Mickey,Minnie,Donald and Pluto are there too if it's the one I'm thinking of.It was outside the Christmas store which has moved about three times since then!Last summer the little scene,I think they're carolling,is located behind the Once upon a Christmas store,across from the book store.There's a really cool interactive fountain here too that my boys,I have a step son,Jon now :) like to play in.

This is the only Goofy statue I can remember at the MKTPL...I hope it's the one you're looking for!!

This is the statue I'm talking about. Is this the one you're talking about? I hope this works! I found the picture, learned how to reduce the size, post it and now I'm going to try to get it in this.
247Smaller_Kiss_For.jpg

:bounce:

This is the statue I'm talking about. Is this the one you're talking about? I hope this works! I found the picture, learned how to reduce the size, post it and now I'm going to try to get it in this.
247Smaller_Kiss_For.jpg

:bounce:

Momtothreeplustwins...that's it!!! :)

I have a couple of Erich smooching Pluto on the nose! Hopefully it's still located where I said it is.It was moved everytime the Christmas store was relocated but Once Upon a Christmas seems to be in it's permnant place...for now! Ya never know with Disney!!

Good job posting the picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter