Pics Of the Contemporary Vacation Club!!!!

Indeed, and it parallels what they did at WL: The VWL is an "earlier" building... CRV looks almost Jetsons-like, and could therefore be a "later" building.

Entropy said:
I don't like the way that they re-designed the monorail. It just doesn't look safe. ;)
They must be replacing the track with some sort of super mag-lev system, or maybe flying cars. Now *that* would be cool, and a perfect complement for the Jetson's-like building.

I don't see where they've redesigned the monorail........the original track still runs thru the Contemporary just as always......the curvy thing shown in the diagram going from CR to the new building appears to be a raised walkway of some sort.

However, a bird told us VAKL would be next (is construction actually starting?) - this is where I would wager a guess. They do want to develop that area.

Our bird also told us during our tour Monday that he wouldn't be surprised if another DVC was announced before CRV. (VAKL) ;)

We have no interest in CRV, but VAKL would be the bomb! :bounce:

my guide says she is not expecting anything in Oct - but definitely before Dec.

she discouraged the Cont rumor - but she did agree about the models being built at SSR. She says that the guides haven't seem the rooms. Besides DVC doesn't design their rooms actually like the hotels - so even if you see a room doesn't mean you can place it in the hotel.

she didn't even heard about the AKL rumor.

but Disney really needs to do something about the North wing. either rehab it or let DVC buy it.

spiceycat said:
the page I am seeing has stuff from August - no mention of the Cont DVC?

It's the way they order things on that page. It's by category first, then date. Scroll way down til you see a "stop" sign. It's about 3/4 of the way down the page.

FYI, he also says, a bit further down after the Contemp thing, that AKL DVC is next...after the Contemp.

rinkwide said:
Same as everyone else - Tink10

Of the ORIGINAL post (8/8..which is when the pics went up on screamscape), sure.

Of this new "update" from today (on both Contemp and AKL DVC)...not sure.

Here's the tagline that I was able to dig up somewhere that will be used to help market the CRV:

"CRV - Disney's Worst Kept Secret"

Again, more proof that an announcement is pending.

Stitch 03 said:
Here's the tagline that I was able to dig up somewhere that will be used to help market the CRV:

"CRV - Disney's Worst Kept Secret"

Again, more proof that an announcement is pending.
LOL, good one...That is IF it comes to pass!

druidia said:
Our bird also told us during our tour Monday that he wouldn't be surprised if another DVC was announced before CRV. (VAKL) ;)

We have no interest in CRV, but VAKL would be the bomb! :bounce:

HEY! When did they get talking birds at AKL?!?! Did they empty out the Tiki Room?

Can I request a talking bird view 2BR Villa at AK?

The update on that website has CV slated for 2008 with VAKL in 2010... why would they be building models at AKL now if they were still 2-3 years away from breaking ground?

nuttylawprofessor said:
HEY! When did they get talking birds at AKL?!?! Did they empty out the Tiki Room?

Can I request a talking bird view 2BR Villa at AK?

They brought them over from the Enchanted Tiki Room ... :rotfl2:

vascubaguy said:
The update on that website has CV slated for 2008 with VAKL in 2010... why would they be building models at AKL now if they were still 2-3 years away from breaking ground?

until Disney says something this is all guess work.... :thumbsup2

DonnaL said:
I don't see where they've redesigned the monorail........the original track still runs thru the Contemporary just as always......the curvy thing shown in the diagram going from CR to the new building appears to be a raised walkway of some sort.

It runs through the Contemporary...then where? I don't want to be in that first departing train.

Entropy said:
It runs through the Contemporary...then where? I don't want to be in that first departing train.

I think it will go to the fourth floor - the monrail is above it. It won't go directly to the monrail.

but alot of the Cont restuarant and gift shops are on the fourth floor - hint, hint - buy, buy, eat out HERE.

if this happens - it main purpose is to surport the Cont.

spiceycat said:
I think it will go to the fourth floor - the monrail is above it. It won't go directly to the monrail.

but alot of the Cont restuarant and gift shops are on the fourth floor - hint, hint - buy, buy, eat out HERE.

if this happens - it main purpose is to surport the Cont.

I agree on the setup, and also the reasons for it.

It gives CRV's direct access to the shops and services of the CR (and access to the monorail) which means a bit less development necessary for CRV. Especially considering the rumors of the movement of Concourse Steakhouse into the Food and Fun area (which makes it bigger) and the expansion of Chef Mickeys into the space left by the Steakhouse (which makes it bigger) AND the movement of food an fun, itself, which will likely make IT bigger....

I'm sure CRV may have some of it's own services (a food court and sit down place, for instance) but I think, largely, the CR's infrastructure is going to have to take on some of the burden of support. I think that's why, more than anything, if the rumors about the resturaunts are true, you're seeing the expansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter