Pics Of the Contemporary Vacation Club!!!!

I am finding all this fascinating!

Cant wait for ANY official announcement on ANYTHING :rotfl2:

I am also dying to know the point structures!!!

pilferk said:
I think that's why, more than anything, if the rumors about the resturaunts are true, you're seeing the expansion.

I didn't consider that - but the food court at WL was expanded before VWL was announced (and expanded twice since then)...

so just maybe!!!! :rotfl: :wizard:

It runs through the Contemporary...then where? I don't want to be in that first departing train.
I was not under the impression that the monorail was being modified at all. I also thought the photo showed a walkway.

It actually says in the DVC legalese paperwork we were given on the tour that there are no plans to expand the Monorail. (I'm sure every owner has read that). Knowing how expensive it already is for Disney, I doubt that we will see any changes to it.

druidia said:
I was not under the impression that the monorail was being modified at all. I also thought the photo showed a walkway.
To understand Entropy's comments, look closely at the drawing in post #378. In particular, look at the monorail track (or rather, the lack thereof...)

To understand Entropy's comments, look closely at the drawing in post #378. In particular, look at the monorail track (or rather, the lack thereof...)

:teeth: Duh...I see what you mean, over on the left.

I wondered if there was another rumor about a monorail change, because we were told that it most emphatically would NOT be changed for the new property. I kind of thought that was what our guide was getting at when it was stated that the fees would be higher because those members would share in the maintenance of it. I originally thought he was saying that the members would be paying for those changes, hence the high fees.

Gotcha. :thumbsup2

LisaS said:
Often in Drawings such at these, the artist does not completely draw in everything.... just a representation of things around the object of the drawing....

I talked to our Guide a couple weeks ago and in the course of the conversation asked if they would please call us if they announced VAKL or CRV.

They said that while absolutely nothing had been announced or confirmed, it was their "guess" that VAKL would be announced first.

When we were at Disney World Last year we were told by a "Big Manager" that the area to the left of the resort, as you face the entrance, is slated for a new DVC resort. He thought it would be immenient but so far not a word from the corporation on this. I hope they sell it on paper first so we can get a good discount. Last time I missed the huge savings when they opened the bcvs and I felt a little disheartened when I had to pay more than my fellow owners.

Most of the now okw location was still on paper when we bought it 15 years ago. I had faith that Disney would have a quality product and I was right.

the fees will be higher - because the maintence for the monrail cost more than the maintence for the boats or buses.

dvc member who buy at the Cont (if & when) have to pay for everything - so yes it would include there share of the maintence for the monrail.

but on the plus side - BCV members aren't charged as much as BWV members for the same services. no explanation has been given.

We looked into buying a DVC when Disney was building them at OKW.
But I decided liked the regular Disney resorts better.

I always said if Disney would build a DVC on the monorail we would buy one.

I waited 15 years hoping to buy a DVC with access to the monorail.
With the new DVC at AKL announced I guess I will wait a couple of more years. :sad1:

minnie61650 said:
We looked into buying a DVC when Disney was building them at OKW.
But I decided liked the regular Disney resorts better.

I always said if Disney would build a DVC on the monorail we would buy one.

I waited 15 years hoping to buy a DVC with access to the monorail.
With the new DVC at AKL announced I guess I will wait a couple of more years. :sad1:

DOn't loose hope yet! Disney has sold back to back villas before! I'm sure AKLV will go fast, so i bet ya this will be next! :banana:

460 plus rooms is a lot of points to sell.....

It'll go quick, but not that quick, especially with the coming slow down of the economy!

Just thought I would bring this thread back for the memories :)

tomandrobin... "with the coming slow down of the economy!" you must be a prophet!

I did some quick calculations, based on the room-type allocations from BCV. It appears to me that there will either be 13 or 14 stories of rooms. The ground floor and top floor are for guest services (ground) and mechanical (top/roof - HVAC, fire prevention, etc). It looks like there may be a restaurant, ala the California Grill, on the main building / top. There will probably be a quick service around the pool and another food court on the ground floor (a guess, based on recent other Disney projects). I'm assuming there will be two sides (or views) for the resort - a pool / lake view and a CR/MK view. That is to say there will be rooms on either side of an interior hallway going down the middle of each floor. The "bulges" in the two anterior wings I'm guessing will be the dedicated two bedrooms.

Here's the room breakdown I'm guessing -

90 Dedicated Studios,
180 Lockoff Studios,
180 One bedroom Lockoffs,
48 Dedicated one bedrooms,
193 Dedicated two bedrooms,

Total of 691 rooms. Again, it's based on the BCV breakdown of units because the BCV is shoe-horned into such a tight space just like the CRV's appear to be. The BCV has 282 rooms on five floors. I don't know how many rooms are in the Contemporary tower and South Garden wing, but this structure could easily equal those number of rooms. It appears there will be a dedicated pool for the CRV's.

We will just have to see 1.) if it is built, and 2.) how close my guestimates are . . .

It looks like DVC took space from the one and two bedrooms when they created the Grand Villas. I think I read that the "BLT @ the Toaster" (I still think that's funny nickname for the new DVC - whoever coined it) will have around 480 rooms. Not too bad of a guestamate on my part if I do say so . . . .

Kurt

460 plus rooms is a lot of points to sell.....

It'll go quick, but not that quick, especially with the coming slow down of the economy!

I don't think that slowdown has been felt at WDW as of yet. People are still reporting huge crowds. We are going tomorrow for a day trip. Have to see for myself. :confused3

I don't think that slowdown has been felt at WDW as of yet. People are still reporting huge crowds. We are going tomorrow for a day trip. Have to see for myself. :confused3

I don't think you can equate WDW crowd sizes to the DVC timeshare sales. It's one thing to spend a few grand on an already planned trip... it's another to plunk down or commit to $20K, $30K, $40k or more at this time for a luxury item. IMHO. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter