Pick any 1 Br

surgefest

DIS Veteran
Lets pretend you have your choice and call to make your reservations and can pick ANY 1 Bedroom (Animal Kingdom Lodge,Beach Club,Old Key West,Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga, Boardwalk...) Which would you choose and why??? Also would you request any certain views or room location??? Thanks!

Lets pretend you have your choice and call to make your reservations and can pick ANY 1 Bedroom (Animal Kingdom Lodge,Beach Club,Old Key West,Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga, Boardwalk...) Which would you choose and why??? Also would you request any certain views or room location??? Thanks!

Hands down Kidano Village Savannah view (Conceirge if available). Nothing compares to TWO bathrooms!

I'll agree w/ the previous poster, however I love waking up on the Boardwalk (boardwalk view) and watch the sun come up over Epcot!

I have been a member since '97 and own at the BWV's. In my opinion, it is all about location and BWV is the best; you can walk to EPCOT and the Studios or take the water transport with bus transport to the MK and AK.

The BC, located across the water from the BWV is layed out much the same in design and location.

Room choices are standard, perferred and Boardwalk views. I have not found the Boardwalk views that great actually ... a bit noisy and not worth the point difference. Standard can however locate you looking at the parking lot. It all depends on if you are into the views from your room or not.

As for points and the cost to stay, regardless of room category, OKW has the lowest points overall.

AKV is new and they will be flushing out the bugs on that resort for a year or so plus it is still under construction.

Hope this helps.

Well, since there will be NO concierge level rooms in Kidani village, I'll probably say that level room at Jambo house, OR OKW. We really do love our OKW 1 bedrooms! The extra room is why, but I suspect once we have our AKV stay, I'm going to also love being on the savanna! It kind of depends on how much the dark decor bothers me. I tend to get depressed if I'm in dark areas too long, so well see. I KNOW I'm going to like the animals outside my door though!

Since Kidani rooms with 2 bathrooms will not be available for a while, I would vote for an OKW 1 bedroom for the size, layout and parking convenience or BWV BW view for the location and view. If you don't care about view, BW standard view will cost about the same in points as OKW. Both will be the least costly choices.

1BR AKV Savannah view (preferably Kidani Village, for the extra bath, but they don't exist yet, so....).

For me, it's all about getting 5 (officially) in the 1 BR....though AKL is our favorite resort, too.

1 bedroom at BWV, Boardwalk view ,corner room :cool1: over screen door . If it exists.

Assuming the same cost ($$ or points) here's my order given the current units in operation or formally announced.
  1. AKV concierge
  2. AKV savannah view, preference for the new buildings.
  3. BWV BW view
  4. OKW
  5. BCV
  6. BWV preferred view
  7. BWV standard view
  8. VWL
  9. AKV value
  10. SSR
  11. VB
  12. HH

Assuming the points differences, here is the order I'd prefer.
  1. AKV concierge
  2. AKV savannah view, preference for the new buildings.
  3. OKW
  4. BWV BW view
  5. BWV standard view
  6. BCV
  7. BWV preferred view
  8. VWL
  9. AKV value
  10. SSR
  11. VB
  12. HH

We would pick OKW ground floor without hesitation. Huge unit compared to the other resorts at WDW, and no stairs. Larger dining table, and bar space. Much more kitchen counter space when assembling a big meal. OKW also has the largest and best stocked grocery.

Don't be rediculous.... Vero Beach... silly :beach:

If I could, I would get an OV1B.... sure wish the had that.

Ditto to Dean's list. Reading his list was scary, that is exactly how I would have ranked them.

OKW, water view, 2nd or 3rd floor. The first floor is okay, too, but we had a nocturnal visit from several frogs during a wild rainstorm on our first visit and haven't quite gotten over that yet! :lmao:

VWL, with a view of any hot neighbors that may be staying close by.

I really, really hope my wife doesn't read this post. :smokin:

MG

I'd be torn between AKV Savannah and OKW. I'd take either one. Actually, I'd take anyplace rather than be back at the "old grind." Having serious AKV withdrawal!:)

VWL, with a view of any hot neighbors that may be staying close by.

I really, really hope my wife doesn't read this post. :smokin:

MG

That's too funny. On our last trip there we had a good view of the lodge and were treated to quite a few views of people not very careful to cover up in the morning, LOL.

Mine would be OKW, only because I haven't stayed there and I imagine the extra space would be heavenly.

1 bedroom at BWV, Boardwalk view ,corner room :cool1: over screen door . If it exists.
I know there's at least one right over the Screen Door on the corner. The villa on the second floor is a HA. I think the villas on floors 3,4, and 5 in that position might also be 1 BRs, but I don't think they're HA.

BCV....of course!!! I would pick the most perfect Illuminations/SSE view.

Okay....now I am homesick!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter