Photopass Superthread!

Yes you can. Just know that as soon as you enter the card number into your account that starts the first 30 day clock. Your photos will be automatically uploaded to your account as more photos are taken. It can take a few hours for them to appear (the photogs have to have their info downloaded)

Be aware that if you have an existing PP card from a previous visit you can still use it, however, the 30 day clock will start the day your photos are taken. (learned this by experience).

Thank you very much! Especially with the warning that the 30 day clock starts ticking.

We had a GREAT photog in DCA at the end of Buena Vista street...we had to wait about 5 minutes for her camera to re-boot and then she spent a good amount of time with us and was all done when she spotted the trolley coming along. Instead of moving onto the next person in line (who didn't get in line until after we were taking pictures) she moved & posed us to get some pics with the trolley in the background, she was fabulous! Younger girl (mid-late 20's) with long brown hair.

~Photo0347FourBySix.jpg

04-12-2013_2.jpg

Here is the only Magic Shot we were offered (sorry it is part of another collage) in DCA.
04-12-2013_8.jpg

I love it when the photogs can take some extra time. Here' a few shots from about 4 years ago in Jan. that we got some great ones. Our fav. #1 photog, RP, took these shots. Your comment about waiting for the trolley reminded me of them. We ran over so he could get the shot of DD with the trolley in MK

And here she is being "scared" by Minnie!

image186.jpg

I just love this one!

Here RP had to lay on the hot concrete to line up the shot with the sun-see how the sun is at the tip of the light saber?

BTW I just had a brief trip back in time looking at my posted PP pix. I'm a little sad right now-how quickly they grow up! :(

Has anyone ordered the Photopass + and not received it before their trip? What did you do?

Does anyone know, if you travel to WDW and DL within 14 days of each other will the photopass cards all work together if added at the same time and then the cd is ordered?

Don't know if I'm allowed to post this because its tech going past the photo pass rules, so someone can delete this if they feel so but if you run out of days on their website, instead of paying for an extension, you can create a new account with a different email addy and they will be added for 30 more days

Does anyone know, if you travel to WDW and DL within 14 days of each other will the photopass cards all work together if added at the same time and then the cd is ordered?

Since they are different products on the website (with the WDW one being so much more expensive) I highly doubt they would be interchangeable between the parks. But I've never tried so I couldn't say 100%.

Since they are different products on the website (with the WDW one being so much more expensive) I highly doubt they would be interchangeable between the parks. But I've never tried so I couldn't say 100%.

I'm a DL newbie but a WDW vet so I didn't know if they have separate websites and such.

Yes you can. We did WDW and DL back to back last year and only used the WDW photopass. Both resorts were loaded to our account. They are the same product but just in two locations. If you purchase the WDW photopass then it works in DL as well.

I purchased the Photopass+ for our upcoming trip. Thank you so much for all the great info! I had no idea I would be able to go back to collect ride photos later on as long as I had the photo number! I was a bit worried about getting our ride pics from Early Morning Entry since I wouldn't have the lanyard yet.

I purchased the Photopass+ for our upcoming trip. Thank you so much for all the great info! I had no idea I would be able to go back to collect ride photos later on as long as I had the photo number! I was a bit worried about getting our ride pics from Early Morning Entry since I wouldn't have the lanyard yet.

They should be open when u go in

Yes - we are also planning to wait to pick up our photopass until after EMH - don't want to miss shorter lines time standing in the photo line! :)

Do you need a valid park pass to redeem the voucher for the PP? Our first day we are planning to enjoy the hotel, do DTD and Rainforest Cafe for supper. Are we able to redeem and get the PP on the first day?

First ever Disney trip Sept 19-28 2013 <3

Do you need a valid park pass to redeem the voucher for the PP? Our first day we are planning to enjoy the hotel, do DTD and Rainforest Cafe for supper. Are we able to redeem and get the PP on the first day?

You do need to enter the park to redeem your voucher.

Anyway, there are no Photopass Photographer in Downtown Disney so you won't really need your PP!

Enjoy your trip!!!

I was just kind of hoping to have it done before the EE the next day :D

I was just kind of hoping to have it done before the EE the next day :D

If you do ride photos during EE (before you get your pass) just snap a pic of the ride photo with the number visible, then go back to the ride and add it later. If you get a pic taken by a photographer, they will give you a card and you can add it to your pass at the camera shop when you pick up your pp+. Really no reason to waste EE time on picking up your pass.

Yes you can. We did WDW and DL back to back last year and only used the WDW photopass. Both resorts were loaded to our account. They are the same product but just in two locations. If you purchase the WDW photopass then it works in DL as well.

My guess is the WDW pp+ will work at DL but if you purchase the DL PP+ it probably won't work at WDW, since the WDW PP+ costs much more than the one for DL.

My guess is the WDW pp+ will work at DL but if you purchase the DL PP+ it probably won't work at WDW, since the WDW PP+ costs much more than the one for DL.

:thumbsup2
That's my understanding. I should have clarified in my post, oops. It doesn't happen too often anyway that someone will hit both resorts within the photopass window generally.

Yes you can. Just know that as soon as you enter the card number into your account that starts the first 30 day clock. Your photos will be automatically uploaded to your account as more photos are taken. It can take a few hours for them to appear (the photogs have to have their info downloaded)

Be aware that if you have an existing PP card from a previous visit you can still use it, however, the 30 day clock will start the day your photos are taken. (learned this by experience).

I'm confused. Does the 30 days start from the first day you enter a card number into your account or the first day a picture is taken?

I'm local and am going several times over the next 2 months and was wondering if I get photopass pictures with villains during HalloweenTime, then in November get the Photopass+ for our Birthday character meals if all the pictures could be added to the one photopass account? What time restrictions would I have?

There are two different 30 day timers. One that is Disney will only hold a photo outside of a photopass account for 30 days. The other is that 30 days after you enter the card onto the photopass site - the photos expire.

There is a small fee that can be paid to extend the second 30 day timer. The important thing is to make sure that none of your pictures are missing within 25-28 days of them being taken so you have a few days for Disney to try to locate them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter