Photo strategy in the time of masks

What about resort pictures with or without masks? What are the rules recommendations here or if you are far away from people, say, at Coronado can you take pics without masks?

As tradition, we always eat breakfast on the hub grass. This is still allowed. We usually snap a quick family selfie while we are eating our Starbucks breakfast with the castle in the backdrop. This has never been a problem even with CM standing around who enforce mask wearing/ social distancing. I wouldn’t try to abuse those rules and do some obnoxious photo shoot but we are still polite and following the rules.

Per the rules, you're supposed to stay seated (for safety) and masked during Skyliner rides. Makes sense, because another group will be in that same small space shortly afterwards.
Ah, thanks for that info. We haven’t been since Skyliner opened, so I wasn’t sure if standing up was ever allowed. Actually surprised about the masks though, since they have the vents/windows. But I guess they aren’t cleaning those cars as often as rode vehicles.

What about resort pictures with or without masks? What are the rules recommendations here or if you are far away from people, say, at Coronado can you take pics without masks?

I'm assuming at the Disney resorts you can be maskless while you're at the pool of your resort, I'm sure you could get lots of good pics there. I stayed at Shades last Thanksgiving and as soon as you got into the gated area of the pool, you weren't required to wear a mask. Was nice to relax out there with the kids for sure.

Ok, so I know this is gonna be out of the blue and stuff but for everyone specifically not enjoying their time with the family or wanting to take the trip to Disney because they don't want pictures in masks and well "we'll just wait till next year". Remember that no one guaranteed that there will be a next year with the family. I live like this more than most probably just from the nature of being in the military but a buddy of mine in his late thirties just passed away with Covid. His kids don't get a next year at Disney with him. Enjoy the time you have on this Earth with your family and spend the time you have with them because something you think is a deal breaker now might seem silly in the grand scheme of things.

Ok, so I know this is gonna be out of the blue and stuff but for everyone specifically not enjoying their time with the family or wanting to take the trip to Disney because they don't want pictures in masks and well "we'll just wait till next year". Remember that no one guaranteed that there will be a next year with the family. I live like this more than most probably just from the nature of being in the military but a buddy of mine in his late thirties just passed away with Covid. His kids don't get a next year at Disney with him. Enjoy the time you have on this Earth with your family and spend the time you have with them because something you think is a deal breaker now might seem silly in the grand scheme of things.
There are other ways of spending time together as a family. You can go to the beach and build sand castles maskless and spend a lot less money. You can hike in a national park maskless for a lot less. Just because someone decides not to go to Disney doesn't mean they aren't making memories as a family.

That said, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

There are other ways of spending time together as a family. You can go to the beach and build sand castles maskless and spend a lot less money. You can hike in a national park maskless for a lot less. Just because someone decides not to go to Disney doesn't mean they aren't making memories as a family.

That said, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Agreed for sure, I'm not saying you have to go down to WDW. Just bringing up the point that if you're holding off doing stuff with your family because you don't want to be in pictures with a mask on, give it a second thought.

I went to a funeral for a co-worker and a wake for a dear friend’s mother this weekend. I’ve buried two aunts, three cousins, and two co-workers from all this, and lost two dear friends this past year to other issues. So I’m sorry for your loss as well. And I’ve lost both my parents, my only sibling, and my nephew, the latter two MUCH too early. I don’t wait for much of anything. My family has been to Alaska, Hawaii, and to Disney 8 times. We made great memories snow tubing last week. But I AM going to wait to drop four figures on a trip until I get to do it how I want to do it. I don’t much care if people in a discussion board think I’m silly because of it.

I don’t much care if people in a discussion board think I’m silly because of it.
I don't think it's silly at all. There is a difference between not doing ANYTHING until the pandemic ends, versus taking an expensive Disney trip. As @mom2rtk said, there are tons of ways to make "safe" memories with your family until you are comfortable returning to the parks. I'm sorry for all your losses.

@ForceofWill I am sorry for your loss as well.

First of all, please don't flame me. This is seriously just something I was pondering. I fully intend on following all rules they have in place when my family goes in October. From what I understand, if you are socially distant and stationary, you are allowed to take off your mask while you eat and drink. What would be the difference if a place was roped off for people to have their picture taken? They do that in several places pre Covid. Just doesn't seem any different to me. I haven't been since Covid hit so I'm not sure of how this really works in the parks.

But I AM going to wait to drop four figures on a trip until I get to do it how I want to do it. I don’t much care if people in a discussion board think I’m silly because of it.

I’m right there with you. We are tentatively planning a trip for late 2022. Hopefully masks are gone by then and more offerings in the park are back. If masks are still a thing we will most likely cancel. I’m also not spending all that money to not do Disney how I prefer to do Disney.

In the meantime we’re doing other trips where masks aren’t required as much and the trips are much cheaper. Poconos, Jersey Shore, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Colorado (lots of maskless hiking and sightseeing) and Cancun.

We don’t have to be at WDW to have fun quality time as a family.

Last edited:
Kind of like this picture. The photographer was never close to us and it was a blocked off area that was away from all of the other guests. Just seems this could still be easily done.

Attachments

• 22180041_10210242909090454_3506745148865607359_o.jpg
    22180041_10210242909090454_3506745148865607359_o.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 38
Kind of like this picture. The photographer was never close to us and it was a blocked off area that was away from all of the other guests. Just seems this could still be easily done.

Disney knows they can do it but they don’t want maskless pictures from the Disney parks hitting the media.

That, and honestly, the more allowances you give, the more perceived wiggle room there is for people to stretch those rules. It's a lot easier for CMs to say nope, don't do it, period, at all, than say "you have to be here, and this far apart, and only for a second, and..."

That, and honestly, the more allowances you give, the more perceived wiggle room there is for people to stretch those rules. It's a lot easier for CMs to say nope, don't do it, period, at all, than say "you have to be here, and this far apart, and only for a second, and..."

But other places allow it. I believe I read universal does. They deal with all of that too I’m sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter