Petals & Pixie Dust Planning Journal 11/30/2009/2010

What a pretty ring!! I love how the accents are just enough!! Very good taste for df!

Thanks!
We would battle back and forth about the side stones...I wanted them, he didn't. Then I wanted the surprise setting-where there is a small diamond on it's side under the engagement stone. He didn't like it but chose it anyway when he found one at the site that we got the diamond from. BUT THEN I didn't like it! :rotfl: BUT loved this. It still amazes me that it is on my finger! :lovestruc

This whole experience has been so laid back...I love it. We've been engaged for 1 week and 1 day. My parents came over and gave us our first engagement gift! It's a frame with the word love at the top and an inscription that has our engagement date on it. I love it and was not expecting it. (I'll post pictures of that later-I'm sleepy)
Life here has been really busy. I have 2 weeks left in my internship-and I can't wait for it to be over with! We talked to DF's family today and they all said they had cards for us that didn't make it in the mail yet. All I could tell them was that it was ok b/c I hadn't made phone calls to extended family yet. I posted it on facebook-figured it would be easier that way...Everyone knows I'm super swamped with work. This has made some people mad-but they will have to get over it! :rotfl: Besides, I'm enjoying looking at my ring and still in shock that it's all mine! :cloud9:
I asked DF's sister today if she was ready to go to Disney and she was cool with it. That made my day!:woohoo: I was afraid she wouldn't be thrilled with the idea. I think the fact that we are looking at 2010 for a date helped. She knows she has time to save. We need the time to save too b/c we are doing a 3 day DCL with my parents in Feb 2009. :3dglasses

Ok I'll post that pic soon...Need sleep! :upsidedow

Hey there! Just jumping on board with your PJ!! Everything sounds great so far. I'm hoping to do an Escape at WP or SBP in 2010 so reading everyone's PJs is great inspiration and so much fun!!

Looking forward to reading! popcorn::

Hey there! Just jumping on board with your PJ!! Everything sounds great so far. I'm hoping to do an Escape at WP or SBP in 2010 so reading everyone's PJs is great inspiration and so much fun!!

Looking forward to reading! popcorn::

Awesome. We are looking at 2010 too! We are doing a DCL cruise need time to save for the wedding trip!!! :rotfl:
I'm looking forward to writing this and I'm glad I've got a place to jot my thoughts down from the beginning.

So, here it is...Our first engagement gift.

According to my mom, my dad was very particular about this. He wanted November spelled out! Even though my mom had suggested just having the date written 11/19/2008-My father insisted that it was written out. So, they did. I have no clue what this little token cost...but according to my mom my dad was shocked! :scared1: Considering they got it a Things Remembered...and they charge something silly like 20-30 cents/letter-or something like that...My dad was a bit speechless-but let them do it anyway.(He could have told them to change it to 11/19/2008 before engraving it) I was very touched by the gesture...and a little shocked that he parted with the $ :rotfl2:

Thank goodness that he is ok with parting with the $ for the wedding!!! :rotfl:

OK can someone PM me with directions on how to resize photos in photobucket...I thought I did it but that this is HUGE!

Nevermind...I think I have it figured out...Maybe

That's such a nice gift! I like that the November is spelled out.

Very pretty!

We got our first engagement card! Ok so that might be a bit silly to post, but it seems so weird to get these things. I'm also having a terrible time calling DF DF instead of BF. :rotfl: Does that ever get easier?
T-minus 4 days left for my internship and then it is wedding planning time!

Aww!! Congrats! I was so excited when I got my first one.. I left it up for like 3 weeks. :laughing:

As far as the DF goes, it gets easier!! We'd go places and I'd always say "Oh this my DBf.." and he'd say "Actually I'm her DF".. people must've thought I was crazy for not being able to keep up with my own engagement but I promise you'll get used to it!

Yay for planning (and the end of the internship!)

Aww!! Congrats! I was so excited when I got my first one.. I left it up for like 3 weeks. :laughing:

As far as the DF goes, it gets easier!! We'd go places and I'd always say "Oh this my DBf.." and he'd say "Actually I'm her DF".. people must've thought I was crazy for not being able to keep up with my own engagement but I promise you'll get used to it!

Yay for planning (and the end of the internship!)

I think the best part of your post is the YEY FOR THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP!!! :rotfl: Only 3 days left! Then, I start planning...a little...DF wants me to wait until I graduate in May...Um yeah right...whatever.

The card will get scrapbooked I'm sure. OOH! More goodies for me to buy! :banana:

I'll get the DBF DF Boy Thing That one over there...What ever I decide to call him eventually. :rotfl2:

Absolutely gorgeous gift

Thank you!

My internship is finally over-So, without further ado...How about some storytelling and planning before the next semester starts!

How did we get our theme? I am pretty sure that DF isn't aware of the theme-but that is probably b/c I haven't told him (oops!) I thought having a theme was important and brought to life our relationship. Pixie Dust is something that has occured in our relationship more than once and has come up in a number of different ways.

When DF and I got together I set high standards from the beginning. I told him that I would not say yes to a proposal unless he did 3 things.
1. Remember that my birthday and Valentine's Day are 2 separate events on the same day. (We celebrate my birthday in the morning and Valentine's Day in the evening)
2. Buy me purple roses. I don't know where I came up with this, but he did-twice.
3. Take me to ice skate at Rockefeller Center when the tree was up. Now, this is a funny story and kind of long...So, I will make that my next post. Fair? :upsidedow

Our trips to Disney have always been spectacular. Even if I threatened to cancel our first trip! :scared1: I had been planning the trip for a year. DF told me 2 weeks before we left that he didn't see how it was going to be any fun b/c I had done nothing but plan the whole year previously. I promptly went to my mother's office and threatened to cancel the trip. She wasn't going to let that happen. Anyway, we get to Disney and WITHIN AN HOUR he was on the phone to his mother and then his sister telling them what a great place WDW was and that they had to come there and we should do a family trip and...OH MY GOODNESS I WANTED TO THROW PINS AT HIM OR SOMETHING...We were at the pin shop at DTD when he called them later on in the evening too. :laughing:

Needless to say WDW made a believer out of my non-believe BF (at the time) in all things that had to do with Mickey Mouse and Pixie Dust. Each trip has always been amazing!

Where do the petals come from???
My grandparents-my mother's parents. I specify that b/c they were the most wonderful people. People that I admired, but unfortunately are no longer here to share this special time in my life. My grandmother's bracelet is my something old. (will post pic later) Her name was rose. Roses will be the only flower used for this wedding. I know that sound silly and mono-floral, but it is important to me. How does my grandpa fit into the rose theme? The last movie he saw was a movie that I took him to. It was Beauty & The Beast. During the Be Our Guest scene I turned to look at him and he looked like he was a kid in an adult body. It's a memory that I cherish. To commemorate that moment in time, I'm hoping that on the alter there will be something that resembles the glass dome that covered a single red rose-I'm thinking suspended in pink gel or something. (Um I hope Rosie is ready for this one!!!)I think I will also have petals on the alter as well, but we will see how that all works out when the time comes.

Thanks for reading. I'm hoping to keep all of this together so that when I'm done I can print it up and bind it. (Thanks Caryn!)

Next up...The Rockefeller Center Story
(and then I promise more planning!)

Ok so I know I said I would post the RC story but I just finished these and thought I would share.
These are the thank you cards I made for our engagement gifts. I was just going to buy cards, but after 3 months with no creative outlet...I was craving to do something creative...So, here they are.
IMG_3162-1.jpg

When DF and I got together I set high standards from the beginning. I told him that I would not say yes to a proposal unless he did 3 things.
1. Remember that my birthday and Valentine's Day are 2 separate events on the same day. (We celebrate my birthday in the morning and Valentine's Day in the evening)
2. Buy me purple roses. I don't know where I came up with this, but he did-twice.
3. Take me to ice skate at Rockefeller Center when the tree was up. Now, this is a funny story and kind of long...So, I will make that my next post. Fair? :upsidedow
First of all.. it's so funny you set standards with him! I did the same w/ my DF. My Bday is Feb. 13 (always mushed with Valentines Day-- so sorry for you though!!). I told him we had to celebrate BOTH days. And I love how you wanted purple roses :laughing: . Cute!
Our trips to Disney have always been spectacular. Even if I threatened to cancel our first trip! :scared1: I had been planning the trip for a year. DF told me 2 weeks before we left that he didn't see how it was going to be any fun b/c I had done nothing but plan the whole year previously. I promptly went to my mother's office and threatened to cancel the trip. She wasn't going to let that happen. Anyway, we get to Disney and WITHIN AN HOUR he was on the phone to his mother and then his sister telling them what a great place WDW was and that they had to come there and we should do a family trip and...OH MY GOODNESS I WANTED TO THROW PINS AT HIM OR SOMETHING...We were at the pin shop at DTD when he called them later on in the evening too. :laughing:
Hey, at least he's a believer now!

During the Be Our Guest scene I turned to look at him and he looked like he was a kid in an adult body. It's a memory that I cherish. To commemorate that moment in time, I'm hoping that on the alter there will be something that resembles the glass dome that covered a single red rose-I'm thinking suspended in pink gel or something. (Um I hope Rosie is ready for this one!!!)I think I will also have petals on the alter as well, but we will see how that all works out when the time comes.
Your grandparents story is so sweet! I love your idea too. I'm sure Rosie will be able to handle it..if not, all us DIS Brides will have to get together (that'd be fun anyways!) and make it work!

So cute!! Good work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter