• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Perimenopause is making me INSANE!

When the kids are becoming more independent, we as Moms are thrilled to see them grow and mature, but we feel less needed. This combined with menopause is a recipe for disaster. Sleep becomes disturbed. Please see a counselor or begin by speaking with your GYN or internist. No need to suffer alone. There is no weakness in asking for help. This is a time of emotional upheaval, professionals can help!:-)

@momof4kids when I was 42 I started with the gushing my gyno I told me to take ibuprofen around the clock the day b4 my period and day of it slows the flow. I never had a problem as long as I did that

I’m wondering if anyone else has my problem. I’m 50, and have been having problems with my period for a few years now. Sometimes I miss 2 or 3 months, then some months I have it every month. It can be “manageable “, or some months I’m wearing 6 heavy duty overnight pads and still leak and it gushes everywhere. I have no hot flashes or mood swings. Is this normal?

I'm right there with you, for probably the last 5/6 years it's been skip a month or two, then maybe normal, or maybe Old Faithful, who knows, it's a surprise! The last one was pretty light, and it's been a few months now, and holy cow I'm getting random hot flashes/chills all the time! Not major b*tchy moods yet, but I look at the flashes as a sign that I'm moving to the next step! I'll be happy to be done with the gusher periods with gigantic clots. Oh, and I turned 50 last December.

I actually have a bottlet of paroxtine sitting in my cabinet...my obgyn gave me last year when my hot and cold flashes and night sweats were at its worst....but I never took because I have tried antidepressant 3 times in the past 9 years and could not tolerate the side effects....I know this is really low dose so I maybe okay...so might try...I started peri at 42 ....I remember my first hot flash like it was yesterday.....I was having lunch with a group of friends and felt like someone struck a match and lit me on fire...lol... I am now 51 and figure if I have held on this long...I should be almost done...no?????
looking at this old post when I thought at 51 I should be almost done...lol.. did not enter menopause till last just short of 57..... that was a LONG ride!

It's been 5 and a half LONG years of hot flashes every hour or two and night sweats all night long. I'm 50 now and wish this living hell would subside. I can see why some women used to go crazy. Can you imagine not having AC when a hot flash hit? No way to escape it? For me, unless I can get in front of an AC or fan on high, the hot flash will just keep on going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter