PeopleMover is my kind of thrill ride! ~6/30: quick check in!

I've finally made it over here! So excited!

This was a great trip. At the very top of my list of “reasons why it was amazing” would be all the Dis-meets I had, including a chance encounter! Everyone I met was just as awesome as I expected! :grouphug:

Dis people are amazing and I'm glad they influenced your trip in such a positive manner!

the Red Sox

This surprised me - I guess I would have assumed you would be a Yankee fan (please don't kill me). Anyways, I'm a Braves fan but I am making my way to Fenway for the first time this summer! To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement.

You may note from my title that thrill rides and I did not get along this trip, to my major disappointment.

So sorry to hear, but I'm glad you still had a great time!

But stay tuned, because selfies were a major part of this trip!

Your selfies are great! I'm not really a fan, and I'll share a pic from an upcoming chapter of my Disneyland trip report ... even if it's not very flattering of me!

IMG_1753.jpg

Promise there is a good story behind it :)

So my family all came up as well and we all partied pretty hard with cupcakes, lawn toys, and various other items essential to “party hard” with a 2 year old. I
It's never a party until lawn toys are involved!
We arrived a little early to MCO and I was soon heading towards the Fake-o-Rail for my very first *ride* of the trip.
Always love the fake o rail first ride - so full of excitement and potential!
We took off immediately – woohoo!
Great luck!
Ahhh… love seeing those road signs again…
:thumbsup2

Wonderful picture - you can't tell you're excited or anything :)

YOU HAVE ME CRYING LAUGHING AT YOUR INTRO POST :rotfl2:
Girl you never know, maybe your prince is here on Disboards.... Especially since you are SO GORGEOUS! I didn't read everyone else's comments but I'm sure they are all along the lines of, "Please tell me this whole trip is littered with selfies of your cute face." :cutie:

Can't wait to read all the horrible things you say about me your report and see all the cool photos you've taken!!!

I've finally made it over here! So excited![
Yay!!! You're here - welcome!!! :goodvibes

Dis people are amazing and I'm glad they influenced your trip in such a positive manner!
They really are so amazing! :hug:

This surprised me - I guess I would have assumed you would be a Yankee fan (please don't kill me). Anyways, I'm a Braves fan but I am making my way to Fenway for the first time this summer! To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement.
Gasp! A Yankees fan?!?!? :laughing: I'll forgive you, John... after all, a very easy assumption to make as I live in NY! ::yes:: YAY!!! Fenway is amazing, you will LOVE IT!!!

So sorry to hear, but I'm glad you still had a great time!
Thank you, I really did!

Your selfies are great! I'm not really a fan, and I'll share a pic from an upcoming chapter of my Disneyland trip report ... even if it's not very flattering of me!

IMG_1753.jpg

Promise there is a good story behind it :)
This picture is AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2 And OMG the selfie sticks were EVERYWHERE this trip!!!

It's never a party until lawn toys are involved!
So true!!!! :thumbsup2

Always love the fake o rail first ride - so full of excitement and potential!
It's a true indicator of vacations starting :cloud9:

you can't tell you're excited or anything :)
Nope, not excited at all... :rolleyes1

YOU HAVE ME CRYING LAUGHING AT YOUR INTRO POST :rotfl2:
Girl you never know, maybe your prince is here on Disboards.... Especially since you are SO GORGEOUS! I didn't read everyone else's comments but I'm sure they are all along the lines of, "Please tell me this whole trip is littered with selfies of your cute face." :cutie:

Can't wait to read all the horrible things you say about me your report and see all the cool photos you've taken!!!
:rotfl: I've been waiting for people to comment on that but not too many have :rotfl: But you, @pkondz and @Elevationist are picking up the slack :laughing: Awww, you are SO sweet, Alexis!!!

On the contrary, I can't wait to get to the part you are in... so I can say all the WONDERFUL things about you!!! :hug:

Awwww, shucks... :goodvibes

Hmmm.... NY is big, but it is considered a coastal city, so...

NY is a state, not a city.
NYC may be considered a coastal city, but Upstate NY isn't quite as coastal. So try again.

*gets off her New York City soapbox*

NYC may be considered a coastal city, but Upstate NY isn't quite as coastal. So try again.

True... but then the tongue twister would be:
She shucks selfies no where near the sea because she's upstate.

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

(And I forgot she was upstate NY and not NYC.
Not to worry. I have officially flagellated myself with a wet noodle as punishment.)

But what really bugs me?

I was looking at Google maps and...
If only I'd known Tracy a year ago!

I could've dropped in for a visit.
It was only an extra five and a half hours drive!

(went to Niagara Falls)

Dang.

Your cheeks must hurt from all the smiling you were doing in the first hour of being on property!!!! :) Can't wait to hear about all the awesomeness (and motion sickness, sadly!) of your trip!! :)

What?? No tie dye cheesecake? That's it. I'm done reading your TR. Kidding!!! :yay: But I seriously want to try it if I get a chance, though it's not looking too likely I will have time to get over there...I'm sure there will be a fair share of sweets on my trip with the halloween party being on and all. But that cheesecake just looks so cool lol

Joining in for the fun!!! First you had me at Parrothead.... Now the Boss!!! Awesome start to your trip and can't wait to hear about all the DISMeets.

I can barely wait for your updates! I'm planning a solo trip same time next year so I'm excited to see how it went!!!

Fenway is amazing, you will LOVE IT!!!

Yeah I'm really excited to check it out. It's the last ballpark I'm making a special trip to see. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the rest of my Boston weekend!

Hmmm.... NY is big, but it is considered a coastal city, so...
She shucks selfies by the seashore.

True... but then the tongue twister would be:
She shucks selfies no where near the sea because she's upstate.

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

(And I forgot she was upstate NY and not NYC.
Not to worry. I have officially flagellated myself with a wet noodle as punishment.)
No, it really just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?? :sad2: I visit NYC often so I think we can still go with the first one! :thumbsup2:laughing:

But what really bugs me?

I was looking at Google maps and...
If only I'd known Tracy a year ago!

I could've dropped in for a visit.
It was only an extra five and a half hours drive!

(went to Niagara Falls)

Dang.
NO!!!!!!! Why, oh why couldn't we have met a year ago! What's another 5.5 hours anyway... :rotfl:

Your cheeks must hurt from all the smiling you were doing in the first hour of being on property!!!! :) Can't wait to hear about all the awesomeness (and motion sickness, sadly!) of your trip!! :)
:rotfl: My cheeks did wear out a bit... but they get good exercise as I'm a chronic smiler :thumbsup2

What?? No tie dye cheesecake? That's it. I'm done reading your TR. Kidding!!! :yay: But I seriously want to try it if I get a chance, though it's not looking too likely I will have time to get over there...I'm sure there will be a fair share of sweets on my trip with the halloween party being on and all. But that cheesecake just looks so cool lol
I know! The shame!!! I wouldn't even blame you if you just turned and ran at this point... :laughing: I hope you can make it happen for your trip! :thumbsup2

Joining in for the fun!!! First you had me at Parrothead.... Now the Boss!!! Awesome start to your trip and can't wait to hear about all the DISMeets.
Yay!!!! Happy to have you here and happy to meet a fellow Parrothead AND Boss fan!!! You're my kind of people :hug:

I can barely wait for your updates! I'm planning a solo trip same time next year so I'm excited to see how it went!!!
Awww, thank you!!! I'll do my best to crank 'em out! :thumbsup2 Woohoo for your solo trip!!! :hyper::hyper:

Yeah I'm really excited to check it out. It's the last ballpark I'm making a special trip to see. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the rest of my Boston weekend!
Shouldn't be a hard task to accomplish... the harder task is narrowing it down... :rotfl:

Random note, but did you know this shows up under "Completed Trip Reports"? I've just been noticing that. Guess it still lets you post, so that's really all that matters. I thought it used to lock them down, but I guess not on the new DIS.

I visit NYC often so I think we can still go with the first one! :thumbsup2:laughing:

VINDICATED!!!!! :woohoo:

NO!!!!!!! Why, oh why couldn't we have met a year ago! What's another 5.5 hours anyway... :rotfl:

I added in an extra day to meet with three DISers in Chicago and drove an extra hour via Cleveland to meet another, so...
Yeah. What's another 5.5 hours. Add in the glass museum? Yup. Definitely.

Random note, but did you know this shows up under "Completed Trip Reports"? I've just been noticing that.

That's odd. Maybe somebody in Moderator land just automatically knew Tracy would finish this.

Random note, but did you know this shows up under "Completed Trip Reports"? I've just been noticing that. Guess it still lets you post, so that's really all that matters. I thought it used to lock them down, but I guess not on the new DIS.
Oh, geez, nope. Wonder how I managed that :sad2:

VINDICATED!!!!! :woohoo:
Indeed :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I added in an extra day to meet with three DISers in Chicago and drove an extra hour via Cleveland to meet another, so...
Yeah. What's another 5.5 hours. Add in the glass museum? Yup. Definitely.
Darn, darn, darn, darn, darn... next road trip for either of us... it's happening! :thumbsup2

That's odd. Maybe somebody in Moderator land just automatically knew Tracy would finish this.
:laughing: Maybe... or maybe (and even more likely) Tracy just screwed up... :rolleyes1

I'm here!!! I'm here!!! I'm here!! I was out of town this past weekend so I missed your TR Premiere, but I'm here now and all caught up! :)

Hi Tracy! I'm always jealous of people who get to take solo trips. Not that I don't enjoy going with my family. I really do. But getting some time to myself in the parks is always so much fun!! Anyway, I'm here and look forward to reading about your trip!

I’m a 32 year old upstate New Yorker who lives far too far away from her favorite place… Disney World! (I imagine it’s the favorite place of many/most of you all as well… otherwise, why would you even be reading this?!)
Well, yeah! Who doesn't count Disney World among their favorite places?

And who here would actually want to associate themselves with those individuals? :rolleyes1

Why: um, why not?!
Great reason for a trip! And I love Pop Century. Seems like a great place to stay for a solo trip.

You may note from my title that thrill rides and I did not get along this trip, to my major disappointment.
Uh oh. This doesn't sound good.

I made sure not to request any preferences for my room in hopes that they’d have a room ready for me upon check-in. I waited in a brief line even though I had done online check-in hoping a room would be available and… it was!
I always do the same. Although I'd often like to request something specific, I always try to keep it open in hopes that we can just get in our room right away when we get there. It's always great to be able to get in the room right away and get things situated.

Hi! I am joining in! Followed the link from a few other reports I follow!

I love all the selfies!!!

I went on the People Mover for the first time last year and I loved it so much, so relaxing and good people watching. :thumbsup2
Before our trip last year, the last time I was at Disney I was around 12 years old I think- the experience I had at Disney as an Adult is SO different and more meaningful then when you are 12 and only want to go on the thrill rides!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter