Pensioners, Pirates and Princesses - Pre Trippie

ruthiebabie

Hey There Hi There Ho There Its A Disney Kind Of D
With 8 sleeps to go I thought I would start my pre-trip report. I've got Beauty and the Beast on the tv and am wearing my tiara to set the mood whilst I type!

Who is going....

Diane - my lovely Mum - not too fond of rides but loves just looking around and people watching - aka Pensioner #1
Helen - my friend - former CM - worked as ::MickeyMo in the parades and shows. Fantasy AP holder and Shareholder.
Elle - Aged 7 - pirate in training and professional tomboy. Fantasy AP holder.
Lucy - Aged 4 - princess obsessed - as girly as Elle is tomboy.
Bex - Elle and Lucys cousin - nearly 16 but still not too cool to come with us and have a fab time.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaan - The 3 girls Nan - answers to Nan when anyone calls her it - aka shortly to be a Pensioner #2.
Auntie Vix - friend of mine and Helens - and we don't do Disney without her (or there would be trouble). Fantasy AP holder and Shareholder.
Me (obv) - also known as Auntie Ruth to Elle and Lucy. Fantasy AP holder and Shareholder.

Pre planning this trip has been difficult as the 3 girls do not know they are going. We've not been able to talk much with all of us together as the kids have been around and Elle has ears like a bat! :lmao: so we have been doing it all via email at work instead (lots of closing emails down when the Boss comes over!) Bex we are telling this weekend due to the clothing and packing dilemmas that a teenager has to overcome! But Elle and Lucy we are not telling till we get them up on Thursday morning so we are hoping the news will overcome the otherwise crankiness we might get at being woken up in the middle of the night.

So here is the plan..............

Pack Flik.....most important - he's just been on his hols with Kevankiki and he's off again - lucky croc.

We fly Thursday morning from Liverpool so up about 4am and off to the airport. We're all in one car apart from Auntie Vix who lives close to the airport so is meeting us there. Check in and then first stop Starbucks for an all important warm drink and a muffin. We always fly Easyjet and hand on heart we have never had a problem with them so we're sticking with them for now!

Land in Paris - we've prebooked with parishuttle who we've used a few times both for personal and our business trips and off to the Adagio at Val de Europe we go.

This is the first time in all our trips we have stayed off site but financially it just made sense to do so. Room only for even just the AP holders was more than we have paid for an apartment for 8 of us for 3 nights. And what we save on the apartment we can spend in the parks. We've not got high expectations of the Adagio but as long as it is OK for sleeping thats good enough for us. If it exceeds our expectations I will be the first to say so.

And I think that is it for now...just wanting the park shows schedule to be published so we can put the final details onto the rest of our schedule but ........roll on the 13th :yay: :yay:

omg :eek: - that all sounds like an undercover operation of gigantic proportions so far! But just think how excited the girls will be when they are woken up to be whisked straight off to The Magic :wizard:

Great to meet the cast :)

Looking forward to haering your thought on Adagio and all the detail of your trip :)

Wow...sounds like a lot of organisation :cool2: but it will be sooooooo worth it! Have fun!

Yeah, it's difficult to keep it all hush hush, isn't it? lol. I'm sure you'll all have a lovely time and hope the apartment will be nice as well.

Sounds great!

On a side note you've chosen nearly the identical name for your pre trip as I was going to have (Pensioners and Pirates Trip)!!!!

Theres always room for more Pensioners and Pirates!

I'm happy to announce Flik arrived today (well he is currently snapping at the heels of the sorting office staff waiting for me to go pick him up).

We had a bit of a spanner in the works last night at our bonfire party when Bex announced she had a maths exam next Thursday which accounts for 27% of her GCSE marks!!!!!!!! Faces dropped but because she doesn't know we are going yet it was difficult. Some phone calls have been made today and we are hoping it can be re-arranged. The downside to being so secretive.

On the plus side the weather looks like it is improving for next week.

Fabulous pre-trip report, hope you get the test sorted out!! Have a great time and looking forward to hearing all about it when you return (with plenty of pictures too!)

Sounds fabulous. Wish someone would wake me up with a surprise visit! :rotfl: Hope Bex's test can be sorted out.

Well Flik was collected from the post office this morning...a little hungry after leaving Kevankiki's a couple of days ago and he did mention that the post office staff were a little rough but he has shared some McDonalds breakfast with me (he's rather partial to an egg McMuffin it turns out) and is now fully recovered and planning to spend the day watching me do some ironing and get some things ready for our trip :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter