Pearl Harbor visit

GrumpyBa*D

Mouseketeer
Heading to Aulani 2/11. I really wanted to go to Aulani to see Pearl Harbor. I am usually a great planner but this trip is intimidating me. Just found out that I could book the tour through a gov site 60 days out so of course I missed all the good times. I can reserve it some days for the last daily tours 230-245. Is that an okay time I can also book it for our last day there for the same time...our flight doesn't leave until 9pm. Should I book the later one especially last day or trek over there early and hope we get a better time and possibly waste the day waiting for a free tour which could be just as late?

We spent Thanksgiving at Aulani and had a great time. We missed the 60 day window from Pearl Harbor as well. Good news, you can still make a reservation 24 hours in advance in person OR ON-LINE. Here is the link.

http://www.recreation.gov/showPage....&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72369&page=passport

We were able to make a reservation the day before with many time slot options. I am not sure the make up of your group (ages, interests. etc.) but I would recommend you do a tour of the submarine and/or the USS Missouri battleship on the same day you tour Pearl Harbor. You can make your reservations on line as well. We really enjoyed the tour of the USS Missouri.

Last, I recommend leaving as much stuff at the hotel and/or your car as the security policy at the Pearl Harbor area is strict. No purses. No bags. No food. Basically, you can bring a small camera and bottled water.

We went to Pearl Harbor when they opened and got tickets for the 1pm tour. We went on a believe a Wednesday and the Aloha Swap Meet was open across the street. We had so much fun then enjoyed the tour!

A 2:30 time is fine. I could be wrong, but I thought that time was just for the boat to go see the sunken ship. There is a lot to see other than that. You could also go see the battleship while you wait. That is pretty interesting as well.

Done it twice, both without reservations. Got up EARLY! And I mean early. One of the first in parking lot which by the way is very small, and before the tour buses. Got tickets no problem.

Last time we went to Pearl Harbor, we arranged it through a tour we booked with the Concierge when we arrived. The tour picked us up from the hotel and drove us around. The tour people had someone go early to pick up tickets for people who booked the tour. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter