Peace and Good Thoughts During Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad that this even has to be a thread.
Sadder still that i fear we're preaching to the choir

Also frustrated that we likely won’t know results tomorrow night.
It is certainly possible we won't know who won tomorrow night, but unless it is close, I think we'll have enough information to know who is the winner. There are a lot of states that we know who wins already without a single vote being counted. Still others there is some doubt, but not a ton of doubt. We'll know those within an hour or two after they close. There are really only about 12 states in serious doubt as to who is going to win them.
Of those 12, most of them are already counting or have counted their early votes and mail ins. Only Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania may have too much to handle because they don't count early enough. Of these, Wisconsin will be mostly in by midnight they say with Waukesha saying they'll finish by 3am and Milwaukee by 7 am Wednesday. In short there is a good chance we'll know who is going to win even though some states may still be yet to be projected or the networks might not be able to say someone is definitely over 270.

Last edited:
Like everyone else, how did we get here ?
this is from wiki

the 2000 United States presidential election, red states and blue states have referred to states of the United States whose voters predominantly choose either the Republican Party (red) or Democratic Party (blue) presidential candidates.[1] Since then, the use of the term has been expanded to differentiate between states being perceived as liberal and those perceived as conservative.[not verified in body] Examining patterns within states reveals that the reversal of the two parties' geographic bases has happened at the state level, but it is more complicated locally, with urban/rural divides associated with many of the largest changes.[2]

Feelings of cultural and political polarization between red and blue states, which have gained increased media attention since the 2004 election, have led to increased mutual feelings of alienation and enmity.[31]

this is how we got here

Who ever wins, wins. I am just so wanting a peaceful aftermath. Prayers to all our law enforcement that has to be out during the demonstrations that most surely will follow. Praying specifically for my young grandson who is in security & always has to work in the worst parts of Atlanta during any protests.

Of those 12, most of them are already counting or have counted their early votes and mail ins. Only Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania may have too much to handle because they don't count early enough. Of these, Wisconsin will be mostly in by midnight they say with Waukesha saying they'll finish by 3am and Milwaukee by 7 am Wednesday. In short there is a good chance we'll know who is going to win even though some states may still be yet to be projected or the networks might not be able to say someone is definitely over 270.
Even with Wisconsin I really doubt they'll have it by midnight. The process is not going to be over by midnight when they're not allowed to do any of the signature verification and opening until election day starts.

this is from wiki

the 2000 United States presidential election, red states and blue states have referred to states of the United States whose voters predominantly choose either the Republican Party (red) or Democratic Party (blue) presidential candidates.[1] Since then, the use of the term has been expanded to differentiate between states being perceived as liberal and those perceived as conservative.[not verified in body] Examining patterns within states reveals that the reversal of the two parties' geographic bases has happened at the state level, but it is more complicated locally, with urban/rural divides associated with many of the largest changes.[2]

Feelings of cultural and political polarization between red and blue states, which have gained increased media attention since the 2004 election, have led to increased mutual feelings of alienation and enmity.[31]

this is how we got here
We’re here because we have the most polarizing president in recent memory. Extreme actions draw out extreme reactions.

Even with Wisconsin I really doubt they'll have it by midnight. The process is not going to be over by midnight when they're not allowed to do any of the signature verification and opening until election day starts.
I never said the whole process will be over by midnight (EST) In fact, I noted Waukesha and Milwaukee's times which are clearly after midnight. I said most counties say they're going to be done by midnight or earlier. But if you think they're lying, you have my blessing to take it up with them. BTW are only 3 counties with over 100k mail ins to count. Waukesha with 105k and Milwaukee with 205k I've already mentioned. Dane is the third with about 190k The next has about 65k and the next 45k. Many counties are under 10k. Moreover, they won't need the whole process to be over to make a projection if it isn't close.

As for the election as a whole there is also a good chance we'll know before midnight even if we don't have either candidate to 270. This is because again there are many states we know before a single vote is counted and many more it will take just a short time to know. And of the ones in serious doubt, many of them are such that if they go a certain way, we'll essentially know who is going to win. It is certainly possible if it's close that we won't know and things might go to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter