$$Paying for Express Access$$$$

kutchyone

DIS Veteran
Since we my husband, daughter and myself will have a limited amount of time (2 full days, maybe another 1/2) to tour the parks we have opted to stay on sight in order to have access to the front of the line perk. To us this is well worth the money. Our problem, my daughters best friend and her family will be in Orlando at the same time and the mother and daughter would like to get together to tour USF for one of our full days. Is there a special pass that can be purchased to give them access like our room key provides? I know about the Express tickets and if push comes to shove of course we will wait with them to use the tickets. I know that the local six flags sells special passes for 10 or so uses per day so I was thinking maybe US has something like it. It would kinda defeat the purpose of staying on site if we can't use our key for that great perk.

:confused:

Unfortunately I do not know of anything like that.

I know when we looked at it, we only had 2 people in a room and could add another person for 25 a night at the HRH so that one other person could get a key, but I'm sure you can't add a 5th or 6th if you already have 3-4 people. Not sure if they still do that anyway, it's been a while.

Anyone else have an idea?

Jenn

They have VIP tours which skip the lines but it would cost far more than your firends family staying at HRH. The best thing (assuming your friends won't change their reservation to HRH) is to meet them at lunch time. Have them use their express passes with you (one before lunch one after) and then hit something without a line. I wouldn't spend all day with them.

Sice one room key can get in up to 4 to 6 people you should not have a problem with the joint tour:smooth:

Just a note. I was in guest services about Feb 9th when someone came in and asked THIS EXACT QUESTION. Hmmm, maybe they should see a money making possibility...

Anyway, the staff person went in the back and came back with an absolute "no, we don't have that".

I'll leave the creative suggestions to the more experienced USF crew.

You are able to get 4 room keys with your room. I would get the extra keys to have enough to get through the lines. I know that I have gotten 6 people through the lines with my room key.

Thanks for all the information and suggestions. I normally ask for two keys, one for myself and one for my husband. Don't they scan the keys to see how many people are registered to the room? I was also going to add the 13 year old daughter to our current reservation for 2 adults, 1 13 year old. Then when going through the lines one of the adults could sit it out. If you are all correct I won't have to add her to the reservation and I should be able to use the key to get the five of us in, or give her the other key to the two of them in.

Just a thought here folks... if everyone brought someone who didn't stay on site in the FOL entrance... why bother staying on site??? It is a perk... I am wondering how closly they will look at the keys... last summer I had to show one for all 3 of us, and it was obvious my DH and I didn;t just show up with this child??? I would count on showing a key for ea. person and if they don;t you'll know after the first few rides....

Of course your right Aruba. Can add my daughters 13 year old friend to my reservation at no charge? The reservation is for only myself, my husband and my daughter. This way the two kids can use the Express Line with no problem and then the three adults, my husband, myself and the mother of my daughters girlfriend can share sitting out rides. I didn't know that we needed a room key for all of us. I would have asked for two anyways, one for me and one for my husband. I would have never thought to get one for my daughter, thanks for the heads up. At each ride do they scan the room key to see that it is assigned to the person holding the ticket? I suppose for the additional leg up on the crowds you do have to go through some inconvenience. I will have to find an easy way to store our tickets and room keys so we can have them handy at the rides.

They don't scan the room keys. They just check the dates on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter