Paul and Maria's wedding September 21st, 2013, and disneymoon

Paul Couturier

Future Disneymooner
Ok.....so here's our PTR.

Wedding date is September 21st in our town of North Attleboro, MA, followed by a reception at the Johnson&Wales Inn in Seekonk, MA.

Our disneymoon was booked through AAA last November 17th. (Disneymoon dates 9/22-9/30) Unofficially, free dining has been announced for the month of September. Our TA has already told me if WDW offers Free Dining for our time there, she'll redo our reservation to take advantage of the Free Dining, which will save us about $900! 9 days/8 nights in one of the Honeymoon Suites (Club Level) at the Wilderness Lodge. Flights were booked in February; Southwest on the way down; JetBlue on the way home (just the way the schedules and prices worked out!).

Of the 9 days, 5 of them will be park days. One of our non-park days will be a day trip to the Kennedy Space Center. At WDW itself, the biggest event we have booked is dinner at Victoria&Alberts for Maria's birthday (how many people can say they were at WDW for their honeymoon AND their birthday?)!

Wedding plans are moving along; the next big expense will be our wedding rings. Maria wants 2-tone gold rings. I don't mind 2-tone, but I don't need anything overly fancy or extravagant either. When all is said and done, we expect to come out below average regarding the cost of the average wedding and honeymoon.

And because the US Army gave me great training as a logistician, I'm keeping track of the expenses on an Excel spreadsheet, as well as an Excel spreadsheet for each day (DisneyDiva.com gets the credit for this one!).

Anyone else Disneymooning at the same time we are?

-Wedding rings have been bought, from Zales Jewelers. They're 2-tone gold; yellow gold with hammered look with white gold on either side. If I could figure out how to put a picture of it into this post, I would. :confused3

-Meeting with the event planner next Saturday.

-Tentatively meeting on 6/22 with my parish priest who'll be marrying us.

-Oh, and my TA got us a room discount!

4 months, 2 days to go! :yay:

Congratulations on the great discount!! That's a nice early wedding present, isn't it!!

I'm hoping to plan at day at Kennedy during our wedding trip next year. DF LOVES space and as many times as we've been to Disney, we never seem to have enough time to make the trip over there.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Brooke

Ok.....so here's our PTR.

Wedding date is September 21st in our town of North Attleboro, MA, followed by a reception at the Johnson&Wales Inn in Seekonk, MA.

Our disneymoon was booked through AAA last November 17th. (Disneymoon dates 9/22-9/30) Unofficially, free dining has been announced for the month of September. Our TA has already told me if WDW offers Free Dining for our time there, she'll redo our reservation to take advantage of the Free Dining, which will save us about $900! 9 days/8 nights in one of the Honeymoon Suites (Club Level) at the Wilderness Lodge. Flights were booked in February; Southwest on the way down; JetBlue on the way home (just the way the schedules and prices worked out!).

Of the 9 days, 5 of them will be park days. One of our non-park days will be a day trip to the Kennedy Space Center. At WDW itself, the biggest event we have booked is dinner at Victoria&Alberts for Maria's birthday (how many people can say they were at WDW for their honeymoon AND their birthday?)!

Wedding plans are moving along; the next big expense will be our wedding rings. Maria wants 2-tone gold rings. I don't mind 2-tone, but I don't need anything overly fancy or extravagant either. When all is said and done, we expect to come out below average regarding the cost of the average wedding and honeymoon.

And because the US Army gave me great training as a logistician, I'm keeping track of the expenses on an Excel spreadsheet, as well as an Excel spreadsheet for each day (DisneyDiva.com gets the credit for this one!).

Anyone else Disneymooning at the same time we are?

Congratulations and welcome! DF and I are hoping to make it to Kennedy Space Center while we're there later this week for our planning session. Not sure if that will work out though since we have a busy schedule already....we'll see. V&A is super exciting! We're planning on having dinner there the evening after our wedding. Wish the Army had given DF the skills to keep the budget on a spreadsheet.....on second thought, scratch that. If he took over the budget, I wouldn't get half of what I wanted. :rotfl:

-Wedding rings have been bought, from Zales Jewelers. They're 2-tone gold; yellow gold with hammered look with white gold on either side. If I could figure out how to put a picture of it into this post, I would. :confused3

-Meeting with the event planner next Saturday.

-Tentatively meeting on 6/22 with my parish priest who'll be marrying us.

-Oh, and my TA got us a room discount!

4 months, 2 days to go! :yay:

Seems like everything is moving along! And another discount, that's fantastic! I was wishing for the free dining plan, but I'm thinking it won't be offered while we're there....and I don't think we could get it anyway since we already are getting a discount on our hotel due to the wedding. Not too much longer to wait! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on the great discount!! That's a nice early wedding present, isn't it!!

I'm hoping to plan at day at Kennedy during our wedding trip next year. DF LOVES space and as many times as we've been to Disney, we never seem to have enough time to make the trip over there.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Brooke

Brooke,

FYI, the KSC is currently prepping an area to put the space shuttle Atlantis on permanent display; last I heard, June is the unveiling date! Maria and I have been to KSC before, and we knew we wanted to go there for a day again this September. We're both space travel fans, plus it'll give us a break from the parks to do something else. It'll be the only day we'll have a car; we'll rent a car early in the morning and bring it back in the afternoon at the Car Care Center at WDW.

So if you can get to KSC for a day, go for it!

Busy Day this past Saturday.

We met with the Banquet/Sales lady at the hotel where our reception will be; finalized most of the logistical stuff.

Also on Saturday, our rings arrived at the jewelers!

WOW....been a while since I updated here!

Well, at this point, its 19 days till the wedding; 20 days till we hop on a plane for our honeymoon!

All wedding plans are in place. Vendors have to be paid at this point. I have our DME info from our TA. Just have to make one more ADR for Artist Point the night before we leave. If we can't get an ADR, then we'll have dinner in our room.

And yes, I'm getting excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter