Pass It Forward Swap Interest Thread

mycutiepatooties

DIS Veteran
Disney Themed Pass It Forward Swap

This is an interest thread right now. The dates for sign ups are Mon. Aug. 6th through Thurs. Aug. 9th. Due date is Oct. 18th. I put an interest thread up for a small Disney Wall Art Swap and a Paper Piecing swap as well. All 3 of these could be mailed together in one package if you can fit them and you are interested in the other swaps too.

You do not make anything for this swap! You only need to sit down and sort through your swap stash. Because this swap is about trading items previously made here by our family of Dis board swappers, it is not open to newbies who have never swapped with us before.

Do you have Disney themed items from previous DIS swaps that you know you just won’t get around to using? Do you have duplicates that are beautifully made, but you just don't need that many? Then this is the swap you have been waiting for. Go through your already made items and pull out what you know you won’t use or have a future need for. Sort your items and put them in groups of at least 5 (five) points and put them in a baggie. See listing below for points value of each item. I am using an established point system. If I am missing an item, just let me know.

Here are the rules:
1. Each baggie must be worth no less than 5 points. These items must be Disney related. This is to ensure the most use possible for the recipient. If you only need a few more things to fill a baggie, it's okay to add mats or tags that are not "Disney" related. Feel free to add extra items of other themes if you want to put in a little love and random acts of kindness.

2. Each baggie must be filled with useable items. No folded, crumpled, unglued work please. Yes, you may send items made from another board or ones you made for yourself if they meet the basic requirements of our swaps. You don't need to keep swappers names with the items they made--go ahead and pull items out of the original group# swap baggies if you are like me and keep them stored that way.

3. Each baggie does not have to have coordinating items inside, but it would be nice if you can. Baggies grouped by theme or park are nice if you can.

4. No store bought items please. Only handmade swap pieces allowed.

5. Limit of 10 baggies per swapper.

6. Please label the outside of ALL of your baggies with your DISname prominently. This is so I don’t send you back the items you were trading away.

7. You will get back the same number of baggies you send in.

8. Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose, but I would prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me ON or AFTER the swap mail by date, Oct.12th. I prefer to send back to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. DO NOT include click-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed. Here are the current rates: Envelope-$5.15, Small Box-$5.35, Medium/Standard box $11.35, Large box-$15.45.

-Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)

-If you want your items shipped back to you with DC, please include the .75, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the .75 and the filled out DC form. In past years, some swappers sent huge baggies (ranging from 15-60 points!!) stuffed with items and most people didn't send me enough postage to handle the return packages because they were not expecting to get back that much. If you plan to send stuffed baggies, send enough postage to get larger baggies back.

9.These are due to me by Oct. 18th. I am also hostessing a small Disney Wall Art Swap and a Paper Piecing Swap so if you think all of your items can fit to be mailed together for these 3 swaps, then I will happily save you postage and ship them all together. The other 2 swaps have the same due date as this swap.

10. Please PM me with your DISname, real name, address, email & phone number after sign ups. I will only use your personal contact info. if I cannot get in touch with you via DIS pm's should there be an issue.

Point Value System
.5 point - 1 Embellished square/Inchies
.5 point - 1 Bottlecap
.5 point - 1 Altered Paper Clip
1 point - 1 Tag, small
1 point - 1 Frame
1 point - 1 Photo Mat
1 point - 1 Journal Box
1 point - 1 Slide Mount
1 point - 1 File Folder, mini
1 point - 1 Matchbook, mini
1 point – 1 Altered Letter (4 inch or 2 inch)
1 point – 1 Quote/Poem/Lyric, plain
2 points – 1 Quote/Poem/Lyric, shaped or embellished
2 points - 1 Topper
2 points - 1 Border Set
2 points - 1 Tag, large
2 points - 1 Library pocket & Tag
2 points - 1 File Folder, medium/large
2 points - 1 Matchbook, medium/large
2 points - 1 Altered CD
2 points - 1 Shaker Box
2 points - 1 Paper Piecing, small (less than 3")
3 points - 1 Artist Trading Card (ATC)
4 points - 1 Paper Piecing, large (more than 3")
4 points - 1 complete title made using altered 2" letters

You do NOT need to give me the number of spots you want when you sign up. Please write the number of baggies you sent on your Self addressed postage label. I will write them down as I open the packages, but this will double check my work. To sign up you will simply need to indicate that you plan to participate when sign ups open.

I will be passing on this, just went through my extra stash and donated it to Megan's dance team yard sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter