Party of 6...where to stay?

tripplanner2

DIS Veteran
We are taking our daughter for her Sweet 16 and she is bringing a friend. I plan on using the dining plan. During our last 2 trips, we have stayed at Beach Club and Boardwalk, so we are a little spoiled. Prior to that we favored POR but have stayed at CSR, ASMu, Pop, and ASMo. Normally we are a party of 5 but this trip we will be a group of 6. I am looking at options and I believe I am limited to ASMo x2, POR x2, or WLC. Am I missing anything? I do not believe there are any affordable DVC options and I want to stay onsite. One year we stayed at Bonnet Creek. I did my best to enjoy it but when I had to leave the parks before the end of the parade because we HAD to catch the stupid bus, that was the end of the line for me. We love the Disney bubble and have skipped the last 2 years so we are really ready for a trip, hence me planning so early.

Thank you for all of your help.

We are taking our daughter for her Sweet 16 and she is bringing a friend. I plan on using the dining plan. During our last 2 trips, we have stayed at Beach Club and Boardwalk, so we are a little spoiled. Prior to that we favored POR but have stayed at CSR, ASMu, Pop, and ASMo. Normally we are a party of 5 but this trip we will be a group of 6. I am looking at options and I believe I am limited to ASMo x2, POR x2, or WLC. Am I missing anything? I do not believe there are any affordable DVC options and I want to stay onsite. One year we stayed at Bonnet Creek. I did my best to enjoy it but when I had to leave the parks before the end of the parade because we HAD to catch the stupid bus, that was the end of the line for me. We love the Disney bubble and have skipped the last 2 years so we are really ready for a trip, hence me planning so early.

Thank you for all of your help.
If there are 2 adults (age 18 or older) you can book 2 rooms anywhere and comfortably sleep 6 people as long as you’re willing to split up if connecting rooms are not available.

Resorts with rooms that sleep 6 would be the Fort Wilderness cabins, ASMu or AoA (family suites) or a 2BR DVC villa. There are 2BR suites at CSR and the deluxe resorts as well but you’re getting into some serious money with those.There is also a junior suite at CSR that will sleep 6.

Last edited:
If there are 2 adults (age 18 or older) you can book 2 rooms anywhere and comfortably sleep 6 people as long as you’re willing to split up if connecting rooms are not available.

Resorts with rooms that sleep 6 would be the Fort Wilderness cabins, ASMu or AoA (family suites) or a 2BR DVC villa. There are 2BR suites at CSR and the deluxe resorts as well but you’re getting into some serious money with those.
Yeah, I am looking at crazy rates for deluxe. We will actually have 4 adults over 18 so I guess we won't need the connecting rooms. Would be nice to be close by though. I didn't price out CSR but I remember them being expensive. Thanks for the help.

Have you looked at the Swan/Dolphin? They have a family rate where you get % off if you book two rooms. With 6 people, I think two bathrooms are going to be necessary!! I’ve found booking two discounted rooms there can be cheaper than the family rate. Only book 2 adults in each room and then call them to add the two teens (otherwise they add extra adult fees, but it’s just a weird mistake since they merged with Marriott).

Just popping into point out that the AoA family suites DO have two bathrooms. So you don't have to get two rooms to get two bathrooms.
The Cabins at FW and the Club Level deluxe rooms for 6 at WL and BWI (the least expensive way for six to stay at a deluxe) only have one bathroom.
Because there is a teen who is not family involved (and no young children in the party), I think it might be best to try two rooms or at least an AoA suite situation where there is a fully separate room with a door for privacy.

We would do cabins in a heartbeat- rent a golf cart- the kids would love it!! I’d prefer that over AoA or you could rent points and stay at DVC villas that fit 6..we rented for Aulani..easy to do and cheaper than Aulani’s rates.

Hmmm...I knew there had to be more options out there. I feel like AoA is so expensive for what you get. Maybe with the skyway that will change, but I am sure prices will rise too. I am feeling the need for 2 bathrooms too. Not to mention we will be 5 girls.:scared:

Hmmm...I knew there had to be more options out there. I feel like AoA is so expensive for what you get. Maybe with the skyway that will change, but I am sure prices will rise too. I am feeling the need for 2 bathrooms too. Not to mention we will be 5 girls.:scared:

The All Star Suites are much cheaper than those at AOA, and you still get 2 bathrooms. The suites at the All Star Music are roughly $100 a night cheaper.

Just looked at prices for DVC rental...totally not in the budget. Swan and Dolphin is in the budget but I have to figure out the cost of airport transportation. We would also lose the option of having the dining plan, which I know is not a great value but it makes it easier, especially when traveling with other peoples kids. I am holding out hope for free dining but we shall see.

Just looked at prices for DVC rental...totally not in the budget. Swan and Dolphin is in the budget but I have to figure out the cost of airport transportation. We would also lose the option of having the dining plan, which I know is not a great value but it makes it easier, especially when traveling with other peoples kids. I am holding out hope for free dining but we shall see.

A towncar to the Swan and Dolphin runs around $150 before tip round trip. An Uber/Lyft would be around $50 each way.

We typically rent a car for our Swan and Dolphin stays. If you have Costco that is a great place to go, as they show you the rates for multiple companies. I just booked a mid size SUV for 5 days for $158.

We are a deluxe family and almost always stay in one. But we have stayed at POR a few times, including once with our pre-teen grandsons. and really like that resort. You can book two rooms under one reservation number, called a multiple room reservation, which will give you a really good chance at getting connecting rooms. You have to call to do this. You can't make a multiple room reservation on line.

I would not stay in a value resort, even if the room has two bathrooms. The bus service is not as convenient, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I just went to Mousesavers and looked at the rates for next year. For the first Regular Season that comes up, AoA costs $559/4574/$634.

The All Star Music suites over the same time period are $361/$373/$421. That is quite a difference!

I just went to Mousesavers and looked at the rates for next year. For the first Regular Season that comes up, AoA costs $559/4574/$634.

The All Star Music suites over the same time period are $361/$373/$421. That is quite a difference!
That is a huge difference. AoA tends to be expensive. :)

You can get two rooms at a moderate resort and have four queen beds. Some moderate rooms can sleep five. I can see why a family with young children would like the suites, but not a group with so many teens.

Last edited:
I am not feeling the value resorts and when I priced out the suites for AoA for next August it is $495 per night. That is just insane to me. I feel the same, I would rather have two rooms at a moderate. S&D is still pricing out very fairly I only fear that everyone will miss the Disney bubble. It does look beautiful though.

I am not feeling the value resorts and when I priced out the suites for AoA for next August it is $495 per night. That is just insane to me. I feel the same, I would rather have two rooms at a moderate. S&D is still pricing out very fairly I only fear that everyone will miss the Disney bubble. It does look beautiful though.
I think that you’re going to find that going from 5 people in one room to 6 people in two rooms is double the price that you are used to paying. It was what pushed us to purchase DVC after the kids started to hit 18.

S&D are on Disney property and use the same transportation system (with the exception of DME). They just are not owned by Disney. You won’t have Mickey 24/7 but you will get a very nice resort at a reasonable price. I don’t think that you will feel outside the bubble there like you did at Bonnet Creek.

At the Swan and Dolphin you still feel very much in the bubble. You are right next to Epcot, and seeing the boats going back and forth screams being in the bubble.

You are both making me feel better about S&D. Other thought was FWC but that leaves us with 1 bathroom. No Bueno with 5 women!

It comes down to the location of the values that really bothers me. Once you get the taste of walking to parks, it is hard to go back to being far away.

It comes down to the location of the values that really bothers me. Once you get the taste of walking to parks, it is hard to go back to being far away.
I totally understand. It’s why we purchased at BWV...we can easily walk to Epcot and HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter