Party for the Senses - October 6th, 2007 - Welcome!

okay, I'm trying not to obsess about accuweather.com :rolleyes1 The weather forcast has changed about 10 times for the weekend of the 6th. Right now it's saying rain again. Hopefully as we get closer it will change back to sunny skies!

LOL! :lmao: I know!!! I have to stop looking at the Hurricane Center site, too!

Orlando Weather

Now they're watching Tropical Storm Karen! :scared1:

Tropical Storm Karen

Let's just keep telling ourselves that 'It won't rain... there will NOT be a hurricane... everything is going to be OK!' :goodvibes

-Michelle

Hi guys, Rain is good...honest, it keeps the heat down and the crowds away.

We live in Fla so when there is a hurricane, there is no going to WDW...we need to stay home and put up shutters.....so we really "shudder" at the thought.

So, this weekend I went shopping for the dress for the party. Don't get your hopes up...After DH trudged with me to 10 stores, we gave up....It will be the green blouse, and black skirt, with the (ever present) comfy shoes....

So that, as they say, is me kitted out.....

Can't wait......

I've been working 7 days a week since school started, so I'm thinking heels aren't going to happen for me either. I'm not sure when I'm going to have time to pack-I don't have a day off before I leave on the 5th, and my kids' school open house is the evening of the 4th:eek:

May I suggest

ORANGE

AND

BLUE

says one Gator to another...

:thumbsup2 :cheer2: LSU game is on at 8:30 that night, so at least we should be able to see the 2nd half! :thumbsup2 I see you are doing the westbound Panama Canal repo cruise. We are doing the eastbound.

As for TS Karen, it will be fish-spinner and I wouldn't worry about it! :yay:

I'm really leaning toward dressing on the more casual side, i.e. no heels, though this could include a casual skirt.

Hi everyone! :goodvibes I just posted links in my TR to all of the Food & Wine note cards that I made...

Food Booth Score Cards

Help yourself! I will update them if any of the info changes.

Cheers!
-Michelle

I have just finished printing these - THANKS again - so awesome....I am thinking of using clip rings to keep them together...any other suggestions?

I printed mine on 3.5 x 5 so I can paper cut them apart and I will have room then to hole punch them together...And of course, I need a cover...Remy!!!

Okay, I think I've finally decided what to wear:rolleyes: I'm going with a black cotton sundress and some comfortable flat black sandals. We really want to go over to MK right after Illuminations and don't want to be bothered with too much to carry or having to stop at the CR to change. I haven't started packing yet, but i've started a small pile in my closet!

Hi everyone! A little more than a week to go! I can't believe it! :yay: Today is the soft opening of the Food & Wine Fest, and the CMs get to try out the food booths. I hope we get some feedback tonight or tomorrow. Keep an eye out for me for a scan of the Official Food & Wine Booklet. I want to verify all of the info on my score cards. If anything changes, I'll post the revised cards asap! :thumbsup2

I'm still struggling with my outfit for PFTS, but honestly, I'm getting to the point I don't care. Let's just say, that we will all be comfortably dressy, in something that we would feel OK to wear to California Grill or Citricos. We'll be heading to the MK after PFTS, too.

I'm going to make some 'DIS Reserved' table cards later today, and I'll post a picture of them when I'm done. I also bought some green glow sticks to put in the center of our tables so they will be easy to spot in the dark room.

Have a great day! :goodvibes
-Michelle

DH visited my office and brought the Life Section from our local paper because of this article:

Enjoy good food, fine wine Disney style

International festival begins Friday at Epcot

BY BREUSE HICKMAN
FLORIDA TODAY

The annual pilgrimage to the culinary paradise that is the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival doesn't officially begin once you walk through the Epcot gates.

No, folks must walk and walk, then walk some more until they get to the countries area, all the while careful not to succumb to the smells from the fish and chips standby.

Here's why that's a good thing.

Once you enter the festival, you'll find about 25 market places offering food from Turkey to Chile to Scandinavia.

You'll feel less guilt free sucking in the gastronomical greatness knowing you've had a bit of a workout before allowing your appetite to roam free.

And so it is with the 12th annual foray into food and wine bliss, which takes place Friday through Nov. 11

While Epcot is the only theme park where you can eat -- and drink -- around the "world" year round, the festival gives casual theme park visitors a chance to sample foods at cheaper prices. Sampler plates cost between $1 to $4.50.

Based on past experience, just a few dishes can seem to make up an entire meal.

Once again, Epcot Executive Chef Christine Weissman oversees the eating part of the festival. In addition to living, eating and cooking in five other countries she also was a chef Windows on the World, Cellar in the Sky, the fine-dining restaurant at the World Trade Center.

She says gearing up for the International Food and Wine Festival is a year-round process.

"We want to make sure we are staying authentic," says Weissman who has lived in five countries. "So we work not only with our talented team but with sponsors and natives from each region."

Return visitors can expect plenty of new tasty finds.

This year, new kiosks offer food from the Dominican Republic, Peru and Oklahoma.

Yes, Oklahoma. In celebration of the state's centennial, the festival will offer a unique showcase of American Indian cooking and culture.

For fine wine lovers, it offers locals a chance to sample wines, say from India and China, says wine and beverage manager Jason Cha-Kim.

Several kinds of wines will be available to sample at each kiosk.

Festival headquarters have moved to a larger location, the now-defunct Wonders of Life pavilion.

Here's where you can see ready-to-buy versions of most everything you've sampled around the park as well as specialty bottles of wines. Anyone up for a bottle of Marilyn Merlot?

Daily wine and beer seminars are included in park admission.

As if the food isn't visual enough, the festival has added an art exhibit around the park that includes food-related paintings from artists in China, Italy, France and elsewhere.

But beer can be mighty fine at the festival, too. But go easy there, bro. Some of the selections have as much as 25 percent alcohol.

With so many ways to give your taste buds a workout, Weissman said the real challenge is making everything come together -- like one dish.

There are many ingredients and dishes that can overlap between the countries, Weissman says. So, it's especially important to her that each kiosk and special event be unique.

"For me the excitement is working with so many chefs with great ideas," she said. "And knowing that everyone needs to be in sync."

Also returning is the popular "Eat to the Beat" concert series which offers a smorgasbord of entertainers including The Beach Boys, Jon Secada, Little Richard, Sheena Easton, David Cassidy, The Village People and Chubby Checker & the Wildcats, among others.

Those who find room -- and extra cash -- to take in extra curricular activities have plenty to choose from including the weekly food and wine orgy, er . . .grand tasting known as "Party for the Senses." It again will offer performances by Cirque de Soleil.

It's so close, I can't wait!!! :dance3:

Thanks for posting the article, Miss Jasmine! :goodvibes I just copied it and sent it to my DH! He told me this morning that he is ready to go to Florida today! LOL! :rotfl:

Hey Michelle,

My sister has her heart set on attending the Eat to the Beat Concert and I know everyone else is skipping the concert to meet up and get a table at PFTS. I don't expect you guys to hold 3 seats for us, but I definitely want to stop by and meet everyone and hopefully get 3 of those wonderful charms you created, I hope you don't mind.

Okay, I think I've finally decided what to wear:rolleyes: I'm going with a black cotton sundress and some comfortable flat black sandals. We really want to go over to MK right after Illuminations and don't want to be bothered with too much to carry or having to stop at the CR to change. I haven't started packing yet, but i've started a small pile in my closet!

I just wanted to mention that I looked up the MK park hours today, and it looks like it closes at 12am instead of 1am! I hope they don't change anything else!

Magic Kingdom Park Hours for October

-Michelle

Hey Michelle,

My sister has her heart set on attending the Eat to the Beat Concert and I know everyone else is skipping the concert to meet up and get a table at PFTS. I don't expect you guys to hold 3 seats for us, but I definitely want to stop by and meet everyone and hopefully get 3 of those wonderful charms you created, I hope you don't mind.

That's fine! We'll try to save as many tables as we can. :thumbsup2 I'll have your wine charms waiting for you. :goodvibes

-Michelle

So, who is excited about Remy and Emile being the featured characters? ;) :yay: :dance3:

Hey Michelle,

Your sister should be fine..She will check in before she goes to Eat to the Beat and receive her wrist band, so she should be able to skip the lines at the entrance.

I do this every year...wait and wait - thinking I will not get a table.....and it always works out.....

Yes, I'm very happy they are using Remy & Emile in the Food & Wine Festival signs. I hope there is a lot of Ratatouille merchandise, too! :cloud9:

Here's the cover I'm using for my Score Cards...

RemyCover.jpg

I'm punching small 1/8 holes in the top and putting the cards on two rings, so we can flip through them.

I can't wait to go...

-Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter