PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAT887 said:
I'm with the English then on Sodium! :) too much salt in a lot of stuff... Hmm maybe I'll make those instead of mashed potatoes! Haha maybe I'll complicate thanksgiving and theme it around the world showcase!!! Hahaha

That would be fun!!!!

Ok decided against the Turkey Day WS theme - I am thinking XMAS though- should help with post Disney blues! I realized its just too much food and prep right before vacation....

SAT887 said:
Ok decided against the Turkey Day WS theme - I am thinking XMAS though- should help with post Disney blues! I realized its just too much food and prep right before vacation....

That would be a fun party!! You could get Christmas music from each country or even just native music for those that do not celebrate Christmas.

Post #3 UPDATED!!!

Get to know:

ellenct

and

AnnieDan_Artlover

If you want to participate, check out the instructions in post #3!!

ellenct - how nice to being going with just Mum :goodvibes And I'm sure, what with working in politics, you could really do with the break this year .... election, election, election, yadda yadda yadda :rotfl:

AnnieDan_Artlover - another Mum & Daughter trip :goodvibes Hope your health goes from strength to strength! :hug:

Now that would be fun!

I always do an 'English Christmas' evening - its casual, everyone & anyone is invited and we make sausage rolls, mince pies, mulled wine & hot chocolate. We eat & play Christmas music. Then the day after Christmas Day is Boxing Day (its a Holiday in the UK) and it is tradition to eat left over cold meats (we have turkey, pork, ham) chips (British fries, which are fat & fluffy) and a selection of British pickles - our pickles are very different from US ones. We have a choice of Trifle and Spotted Dick :eek: & custard for dessert. We invite our neighbours over for that and they love it :)

I love Trifle. My grandmother was Scottish/English. However, she salted everything like her life depended on it. But for her there were only 2 seasonings, Salt and pepper. I tried to make pasties the other week, based on what I remember the recipe being. DBF didn't like them. "They were too bland and dry." I even made the stock that she used to make. Oh well.

I've never had Spotted Dick. The name alone scares me.

I found that I love the spicy middle eastern pickles. DBF is Persian, so his family has introduced me to a whole new culture of food.

Did anyone else see the free personalization and free shipping today at The Disney Store?

Agreed, Thanksgiving is round the corner ... it will be fun for Christmas though! I love planning international food - you can either do the carrots & parsnip for England or Roast Parsnips - every table has that on Christmas day in England :)

I love Trifle. My grandmother was Scottish/English. However, she salted everything like her life depended on it. But for her there were only 2 seasonings, Salt and pepper. I tried to make pasties the other week, based on what I remember the recipe being. DBF didn't like them. "They were too bland and dry." I even made the stock that she used to make. Oh well.

I've never had Spotted Dick. The name alone scares me.

I found that I love the spicy middle eastern pickles. DBF is Persian, so his family has introduced me to a whole new culture of food.

Did anyone else see the free personalization and free shipping today at The Disney Store?

It scares everyone - even more reason for me to serve it ;) :teeth:

I love Persian food! We had a Persian Curry day in September (we try and do a 'cultural day' at home centred around food) .... I'm worried my DD will think those countries only exist in books :lmao:

Post #3 UPDATED!!!

Get to know:

ellenct

and

AnnieDan_Artlover

If you want to participate, check out the instructions in post #3!!

Thanks tofubeast for all your hard work getting the thread started (can't believe we're on #4!!) and the "get to know" posts....

I'm at 24 days today! I did my mail hold last night and survived the Build a Bear party AND family party.....All we have is Thanksgiving to get through and we'll be on our way!!!!! :dance3:

Ugh, I am tempted by the Disney Store offer. Couponing to Disney said we could get a personalized fleece blanket for $10 shipped. DH is going to confiscate my wallet soon.

Thanks tofubeast for all your hard work getting the thread started (can't believe we're on #4!!) and the "get to know" posts....

I'm at 24 days today! I did my mail hold last night and survived the Build a Bear party AND family party.....All we have is Thanksgiving to get through and we'll be on our way!!!!! :dance3:

24 days for me too! :goodvibes

Glad you made it thru the Build A Bear party. Did you get to see the group of 100 that was after you, or did you make it out before they arrived? :eek:

Served with Hot Custard ....

spotteddick.jpg

I have also seen the ready made version on sale here in a lot of places and its good!

cannedspotteddickk.gif

Jeez... I blink for a day and we are already on pg 3. Any odds on a Part 5?

It's great to be back though.

I can't wait!

My GF and I are SO excited about MVMCP!! :santa:

I've already started to make my travel list and pack.

I got my MVMCP tickets in the mail on Saturday - WOO HOO!!!

I'm going back to WDW!!!!!

Mike.

BDL said:

I think we are fully capable of a part 5

OMG I miss a week of checking up on the Roll Call and I come back to find we're on PART 4 :eek: Catching up is going to take days! Not that I mind, I could sorely use the distraction after last week.

I'm starting to totally freak out. I have a TON to do to get ready for this trip and my whole month is basically booked solid. And on top of an already nutty schedule, I have a strong suspicion we're going to be finding a new Corgi puppy sooner rather than later because our Brittany doggy, Wesson, is NOT doing well at all. Anyone have any suggestions for naming what will probably be a Christmas present Corgi puppy (we'll definitely get a boy)???

BDL said:

Well it took a little over 3 weeks to get through part 3, so part 5 maybe around thanksgiving?!?!

WDW Fan since 1975 said:
I can't wait!

My GF and I are SO excited about MVMCP!! :santa:

I've already started to make my travel list and pack.

I got my MVMCP tickets in the mail on Saturday - WOO HOO!!!

I'm going back to WDW!!!!!

Mike.

Yes it's getting so close :-) So excited!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter