Parks on New Year's Day?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
We're preparing for our first ever New Year's trip to WDW. We've been there many many times over Easter week, and are used to navigating crowds. But here's what we're wondering. Are the parks a lot less crowded on New Year's Day because people are fried from staying out till all hours the night before? Or is it every bit as crowded as the rest of Christmas week?

We're thinking of maybe not going to the parks on the 31st, but enjoying the Boardwalk area instead, then getting up fairly early on the 1st and enjoying the parks with smaller crowds IF that's even the case.

Will be arriving on the 28th (no parks that day) and leaving on the 4th (no parks that day). Trying to figure out which 4 days of our 6 total days that we should do parks. Any opinions from Christmas holiday veterans?

Thanks in advance!!

:D

Do Mk Jan 1 early use the Fastpass system and get as much done early as you can, before it gets busy[this park is always busy]!! If you have hoppers,you can hop over to Epcot and do the World Showcase when MK get unbearable.

Then plan another MK morning and the Front of Epcot day use Fastpass for Test Track.

Ak is a one day park. Use fastpass.

MGM can be a 1 day,if you use fast past for Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster.

Has anyeone spent time in the parks from around January 3 thru 11th? I've gone during August before but not January, what's the crowds like? I'd appreciate the input.

steven

That time is usually a good time to go Boston Tigger, but the weather can be unpredictable. Since you are from Boston, I'm assuming anyway, the cold shouldn't bother you as much. I've been there when it was in the 40's for the highs, then other times it's been beautiful and in the 60's. My b-day is 1/18 so we go every year around that time. Just pack a little of everything...layering is your best bet.

Hey thanks a lot Magickndm. I'm not originally from the Boston area, but I've delt with cold weather in both Japan and Korea before arriving here in Boston. I'm planning on packing for "cool" weather, a few sweaters, pants, and of course a jacket. I have a great jacket I bought when I worked at the Disney Store that is wonderfull for temps around the 40's. It has a nice fleece interior, and when coupled with a sweater or something similar it can be quite cozy. Thanks again.

steven

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter