• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at Boardwalk $ going to Epcot/MGM?

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering ifI would be able to park at the Boardwalk parking lot (not the hotel lot) and go to MGM and Epcot. I am thinking of doing breakfast at the Cape May and then taking the boat to MGM for about 2 hours and then going to spend the rest of the day at EPcot. I just didn't know if this was ok or not. I know the whole deal with parking at other hotels and taking a monorail but I think this is a little different. Can anyone give some info on this? Thanks

technically, i don't think that you are supposed to do this. You are supposed to drive to your park of choice and pay your $6 to park and take the tram etc. OR you can take the bus from your resort to your park of choice.

That said, we have gone to BW in the evening to enjoy the entertainment on the walk and order pizza from spoodles etc. We have then walked to Epcot from there for Illuminations and then gone back to the BW for ice cream before going home. We never had a problem doing this, always parked in the lot that they told us to when we told them that we were going to walk on the bw.

whatever you decide.. have fun!!

No, you are not supposed to do this. Like the previous poster said you are supposed to drive to the park of your choice and park in their provided parking lot.

The parking at the BW is for the guests of the resort and for visitors of the Boardwalk and the restaurants and most resorts that have this kind of issue (Boardwalk, Contemporary, Grand Floridian) put a 3 hour limit for those who are just visiting or eating there to try to put a stop to this practice.

Boardwalk doesn't have a parking time limit -- with places like Atlantic Dance, where you could concievably stay from 9 pm until 2 am, or ESPN, where you could wait in line for an hour and then stay to watch a 3 hour game, it just doesn't make sense.

I've done it before, but I'll be the first to admit that it's a pretty sketchy thing to do.

You could park at Yacht Club for breakfast and then park at Epcot, and do the boats to the Studios from there...

Well if this is the parking lot for the hotel guests(which I specifically said NOT the hotel lot) then where would one park for the "Board Walk" The intention was not to avoid paying a $6 fee The idea was to eat breakfast at the Cape May Cafe, do MGM/Epcot and eat dinner in the Boardwalk area. I just figured that since that lot was for the "Boardwalk" it would not be such a big deal to park there.

Also it was a question I was asking not with any intention of getting people angry about the subject. Just don't assume that everyone is trying to "pull" one over on Disney and take advantage of a parking situation. I am sure that many people have questions like this and are just looking to get some opinions or answers.

Is there is a separate lot to park in when you want to visit the Boardwalk? I thought it was the same lot as the hotel. Actually, when we visit the Boardwalk in the evenings we either valet at Boardwalk or Beach Club. We have never had a problem, but we didn't leave the car all day.

I'm not sure you would be allowed to do this. Depending on what time you go your best bet may be to park at the TTC & then take the transportation you would need to the Beach Club for your breakfast, then the boat to MGM, the boat back to EPCOT & then the monorail back to the TTC at the end of the evening.

Originally posted by wdisneyaholic
Well if this is the parking lot for the hotel guests(which I specifically said NOT the hotel lot) then where would one park for the "Board Walk" The intention was not to avoid paying a $6 fee The idea was to eat breakfast at the Cape May Cafe, do MGM/Epcot and eat dinner in the Boardwalk area. I just figured that since that lot was for the "Boardwalk" it would not be such a big deal to park there.
Unfortunately, there is no separate parking for "Boardwalk resort guests" and "Boardwalk visitors." If you drive up to the guard shack and tell him you're visiting the Boardwalk, he'll most likely wave you through and direct you to one of the parking lots. They'll never know whether or not you stay there for 10 minutes or 10 hours because there's no time limit for parking at the Boardwalk. However, this becomes a problem for those actually staying at the Boardwalk resort because the parking lots get filled up by non-Boardwalk resort guests who park there for easy access to MGM/Epcot.

There is no separate parking lot for just visiting the BW. I don't think there is anything wrong with parking there for breakfast or dinner but going to breakfast, then the parks and then dinner is stretching it a little. We always stay at the BWV and sometimes the parking lot is completely filled. We can always valet park but my husband won't-I think he is too picky about letting them drive his car.:rolleyes:

I would ask the guard at the Boardwalk parking lot gate the exact same question you asked here. I would guess he would be the only one to give you the absolutely correct answer. That's what I would do!

Regards,
Kim

If you have a reservation for Cape May, then the guard at the Beach Club will have your name on a list. He will give you a parking pass for 2 or 3 hours to place on your dashboard. If you go to the Boardwalk and tell them that you are going to the Cape May the guard will most likely tell you that you are in the wrong place and direct you to the BC. If you tell them that you do not have a reservation, but are just going to eat breakfast somewhere on the Boardwalk, they will let you in, but still give you a 2-3 hour parking pass. That said, I don't know if they come around and check the cars to see if the passes have expired. And if they have expired, then I still don't know what they would do about it. My best advice would be to spend the $6.00 and valet park either the Boardwalk or the BC. I know it's the same price as parking at the park, but since you are doing two parks and breakfast, your car will be much more centrally and conveniently located.

No jumping/judging here. My feeling every question is valid.

The absolute best way to do what you want would be to pay the valet price. Solves a few problems. No time limit, you can do as much jumping around as you want, and my favorite - at the end of the day they bring your car to you. So no long walk through the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter