Park reservation problems strike again- the system needs to go

The reports of how CRAZY and crowded both DLAND and WDW was/is this Christmas, proves how there is a need for park reservations.
Can you imagine if ALL could get into the parks
I just got home after staying 4 nights at Disney and went to the parks each day. It was not crazy at all in my opinion and I have seen in MUCH worse during this same time in previous years.

I just got home after staying 4 nights at Disney and went to the parks each day. It was not crazy at all in my opinion and I have seen in MUCH worse during this same time in previous years.

I just got back too. I had a complete different experience. Even with "park reservation", all parks are over crowded. All the common rides have 120+ wait time. Even with Genius+ $29, there is NO availability for major rides if you try to book after 9am. For example, I could not get Ratatouille at 7:15am Genius+ or even Test Track.

All the Quick Service restaurants have 30+ min wait. You can use "Mobile Order" to prepay for something yet you still need to wait 10-15 min for pick up. You want a Starbucks coffee, forget it... the wait time at Main Street Magic Kingdom Starbucks is almost always around one hour.

The pre-show area is packed at most rides. The cast member want all guests to squeeze in a tiny room for the pre-show wait so everyone is shoulder to shoulder. There are about 20% of guests actively coughing. You can breath in their body odour and sweat as they are literately face-to-face next to you.

Needless to say, I got sick even though I wore a mask all the time.... It is simply too crowded.

We will start staying off property with those folks in the future if Disney does not come down off those hotel prices. They are ridiculous.
and THAT is how capitalism works. Prices will continue to go up as long as there is demand for people to pay the current price. As the recession continues to take hold, I can see the increase start to level off, but they will NEVER go back down. There may be discounts, but these are the rates we are stuck with.

thankfully, we hedged our prices with DVC years ago.

and THAT is how capitalism works. Prices will continue to go up as long as there is demand for people to pay the current price. As the recession continues to take hold, I can see the increase start to level off, but they will NEVER go back down. There may be discounts, but these are the rates we are stuck with.

thankfully, we hedged our prices with DVC years ago.

Unfortunately, DVC dues have gone from about $7 per point to about $10 per point.

That is about 50% increase in the last few years. :crazy2:

Oh I hope they get those kids to Orlando!!!!!!
The "Make a Wish" kids and families made it to Orlando. And I know at least had one day in the Magic Kingdom and another at SeaWorld. I'm not sure what else. As of today (finally) Southwest is doing a normal flight schedule, so they may when the trip is done get to fly back.

I just got back too. I had a complete different experience. Even with "park reservation", all parks are over crowded. All the common rides have 120+ wait time. Even with Genius+ $29, there is NO availability for major rides if you try to book after 9am. For example, I could not get Ratatouille at 7:15am Genius+ or even Test Track.

All the Quick Service restaurants have 30+ min wait. You can use "Mobile Order" to prepay for something yet you still need to wait 10-15 min for pick up. You want a Starbucks coffee, forget it... the wait time at Main Street Magic Kingdom Starbucks is almost always around one hour.

The pre-show area is packed at most rides. The cast member want all guests to squeeze in a tiny room for the pre-show wait so everyone is shoulder to shoulder. There are about 20% of guests actively coughing. You can breath in their body odour and sweat as they are literately face-to-face next to you.

Needless to say, I got sick even though I wore a mask all the time.... It is simply too crowded.
So perhaps us not getting out and having to cancel our Christmas Trip was a good thing? LOL. I'm seeing TP has park levels of 5 and even a MK 3 for the time we are rescheduling for.
I'll keep reading about the crowds and it will make me feel better as we shovel more snow!

We have friends that were there too and they ave been there multiple times the week after Christmas--- they also reported it was less crowded this year than it has ever been during the week after Christmas when they have gone.

We also have friends who went the week before Christmas that have been the week after Christmas multiple times. They reported the week before Christmas was insane this year-- as bad or worse than the week after Christmas.

I wonder if it is a combination of the way Christmas fell this year and all the flight problems. At least in our state, the kids had the full week before Christmas off which is unusual. A ton of people we know around here went places that week and then were coming home (or trying to come home) the 23rd and 24th.
So perhaps us not getting out and having to cancel our Christmas Trip was a good thing? LOL. I'm seeing TP has park levels of 5 and even a MK 3 for the time we are rescheduling for.
I'll keep reading about the crowds and it will make me feel better as we shovel more snow!
As wonderful as Christmas time is at WDW--- times when the crowds are low is even better!!!

he reports of how CRAZY and crowded both DLAND and WDW was/is this Christmas, proves how there is a need for park reservations.
Can you imagine if ALL could get into the parks
There definitely need to be park reservations for Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, and that’s it.

Honestly, the dismay of the opening post is understandable. Most people know WDW changed park operations with the reservation system, and many have accepted it, but does it entirely make sense? Not where resort guests are concerned. 99% of people stay in the resort with the intention of visiting parks. I can’t really defend jumping though park reservation hoops for onsite guests. Disney has tons of data to help estimate how many resort guests will visit parks each day. That should already be factored in before opening reservations to other groups. Onsite should get access to the parks. Not only would that be more respectful of guests, it seems like better business practice as well since it would help fill cancelled rooms. They totally play with park reservation all the time mysteriously adding more slots anyway and pretty clearly not always done with guests’ best interests in mind.

What is so hard they are incapable of honoring onsite guests access to the parks? Hopefully changes are made.

Honestly, the dismay of the opening post is understandable. Most people know WDW changed park operations with the reservation system, and many have accepted it, but does it entirely make sense? Not where resort guests are concerned. 99% of people stay in the resort with the intention of visiting parks. I can’t really defend jumping though park reservation hoops for onsite guests. Disney has tons of data to help estimate how many resort guests will visit parks each day. That should already be factored in before opening reservations to other groups. Onsite should get access to the parks. Not only would that be more respectful of guests, it seems like better business practice as well since it would help fill cancelled rooms. They totally play with park reservation all the time mysteriously adding more slots anyway and pretty clearly not always done with guests’ best interests in mind.

What is so hard they are incapable of honoring onsite guests access to the parks? Hopefully changes are made.
Reservations are not about crowd control or labor costs. It's about making all parks as equally busy as possible. I will say this, if you hate reservations so much why not visit the park down the road? Much simpler to visit and doesn't require reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter