Park Place Inn

saksn4

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are planning a trip June 2018. We know WDW very well and feel overwhelmed planning for Disneyland. We are interested in Park Place Inn, but feel anxious staying "off property" as we usually book a resort on property at WDW. Any advice, reviews on this hotel and the area are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I only stay here. Right across the street, closer than Disneyland Hotel. Totally the best deal. Free breakfast, not great, but hey it's free. Fabulous Good Neighbor Hotel and you can't beat how close it is. 5 minutes to the gate.

That's also my family's preferred place to stay when going to DLR. It's conveniently located right across from the pedestrian entrance to DLR. In terms of the motel itself...it's fine...nothing special, but serviceable. The rooms are clean and the staff seems friendly enough. Don't go expecting anything really special and I think you'll be fine (it's a motel - not a resort). It's not like staying at a WDW hotel, but given the price and location, it's hard to beat the BWPPI.

We stayed here as well. Great area, closer than most of the 'on-site' hotels. Felt perfectly safe. Rooms were ok but a bit dated when we stayed, it looks like they have been recently updated and look great! We were very happy.

This is one of our favourite hotels. So close to the gate and free hot breakfast. It's nothing special but it's a clean place to sleep that's close to the parks. We only stay off property in DL and I've never felt unsafe at all. Happy planning!

We had a great stay there in 2015 and are planning to stay again this year. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the rooms are nice, clean, and spacious compared to others in the area. I really liked the breakfast which is served upstairs at the restaurant next door. There were lots of choices, hot and cold. We always found a table easily and the buffet was replenished regularly. The pool looked a little small, but we're not swimmers so we didn't use it. Parking can be a little tight. Cars coming in late were parallel parked along the fence if the spaces were full. We found a good space when we checked in and never moved our car, so it wasn't a problem. I would not want one of the rooms on the first floor next to the office. Everyone has to pass by those rooms when returning from the parks each night. We always tried to stay very quiet when walking by, but others were not as courteous. The rooms further back on upper floors are going to be quieter.

My husband and I are planning a trip June 2018. We know WDW very well and feel overwhelmed planning for Disneyland. We are interested in Park Place Inn, but feel anxious staying "off property" as we usually book a resort on property at WDW. Any advice, reviews on this hotel and the area are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Typing this from the BWPPI. We only stay on property at WDW (see my signature). At DLR we do a mix of On and Off based on whether we can get a good rate at the DLR hotels. Lately (and this week) it has been offsite for us with BWPPI first choice.

:wizard:

Typing this from the BWPPI. We only stay on property at WDW (see my signature). At DLR we do a mix of On and Off based on whether we can get a good rate at the DLR hotels. Lately (and this week) it has been offsite for us with BWPPI first choice.

I know you've said you have stayed at CCI before too. How does it compare? We're likely staying offsite again next year and CCI is the only offisite I've stayed at. The last 3 times have been PPH.

I know you've said you have stayed at CCI before too. How does it compare? We're likely staying offsite again next year and CCI is the only offisite I've stayed at. The last 3 times have been PPH.
CCI feels a little nicer, the grounds are nicer, the pool is nicer, the breakfast is much nicer. The rooms once inside seem equal or maybe not quite as nice as BWPPI. CCI has the shuttle which I use 90% of the time unless I just miss it by 2 minutes and have to walk. The shuttle pickup and dropoff is at the back of the bus area and only a 2 minute walk from BWPPI so if you ride the CCI shuttle you are about the same as the BWPPI as far as walking - but you have to be on a schedule.

BWPPI is closer and I like I can leave in the morning when I want and not have to worry about a shuttle. That is the big selling point for me. Location.

CCI usually runs a little more expensive by $10-20 a night. Not a big deal but it is there, especially when you have to get two rooms as I do when traveling with grown-up kids.

CCI feels a little nicer, the grounds are nicer, the pool is nicer, the breakfast is much nicer. The rooms once inside seem equal or maybe not quite as nice as BWPPI. CCI has the shuttle which I use 90% of the time unless I just miss it by 2 minutes and have to walk. The shuttle pickup and dropoff is at the back of the bus area and only a 2 minute walk from BWPPI so if you ride the CCI shuttle you are about the same as the BWPPI as far as walking - but you have to be on a schedule.

BWPPI is closer and I like I can leave in the morning when I want and not have to worry about a shuttle. That is the big selling point for me. Location.

CCI usually runs a little more expensive by $10-20 a night. Not a big deal but it is there, especially when you have to get two rooms as I do when traveling with grown-up kids.

Thanks! That was very helpful!!

My family of 4 will be staying here in Dec. so I am happy to hear the good reviews. This will be my 4th trip and the second off property stay. I'm glad that it is so close. We are a open to close family so we won't be spending any time at the hotel. But it is nice that it's close if we need to go back to the hotel. We have stayed at PPH in 2014 and in the GCV in Feb. We got the suite so each of my girls would have their own space which is important along with the breakfast.

Thanks for the helpful information! All the information is very helpful in planning our trip for next summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter