Park entrances

afc104

Mouseketeer
I will be staying at the HRH hotel. Is the main entrance the only way to get into the park or is there a secondary less congested entrance.
Thanks

Universal Studios has 2 entrances. The main entrance and one behind the Hard Rock Cafe.

As far as I know, Islands of Adventure only has one public entrance.

I've never waited in any entrance line at either park more than 5 minutes, so I don't think you will need to be concerned with this. :) They are pretty good at herding us cattle through those gates.

And since September 11th, the wait at the gate is a little longer. There are security personnel looking thru all backpacks and bags now.

Both parks seemed to open a few minutes earlier to accomodate this ~ but when we arrived at IOA in the mid afternoon, we did wait about 10 minutes to have our bags checked (We have 2 little kids so the diaper bags weren't optional for us!)

Hey Rhonda,
I didn't know about the entrance behind HR Cafe. The old HR cafe had an entrance but I've never seen the other. How do you get there? It would be a timesaver.
Thanks

Myself, Barry and MIB used the HR entrance today to check it out. The entrance is right outside of Nickelodeon. As you walk up the main entrance of Hard Rock the gate is on the right side of the building. This is the side where the cafe is located. I was told that they didn't have a scanner for your ticket.

When MIB and I returned from IOA and went to that gate, they didn't even run our tickets through the scanner. They looked at our annual pass and the picture and sent us through. We were told to make sure we had our hand stamped because of the lack of scanner but they didn't look at that either. We were really surprised by this entrance.

The only problem with the entrance is having to walk past the sewage plant that is in front of Nickelodeon. I don't remember that thing smelling that bad ever before. I guess if you want to bypass the lines you have to gain something else.

The HR Cafe entrance/exit would've been handy Fri evening leaving the park after the Mardi Gras parades, especially since we ended up eating at HR. It was mobbed at the regular exits.

MG gram and I were going to use that entrance but saw the sign about hand stamps and turned around. Glad it worked for you guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter