Park breaks in the Cineplex

Sherrilatte

Bad to the Bone
We will be taking park breaks in the heat of the day (July) in the Cineplex--catching movies we are trying to avoid until we get to US.

Has anyone else done this?

Its seem like this will be a fun way to get a break, instead of heading back to the hotel.

We always catch a movie at the Cineplex, it is an awesome theater complex. This year we are seeing MiB2 there, can't wait!

We do this every trip too! We head out of the parks every day around 11am. We either head straight for the hotel for a swim or to Citywalk for a lunch and a movie. We hold back on some movies here at home so we can see them at Citywalk. We usually do this 3 times during our stay. It is a great theatre and a nice way to cool off. We will be seeing MIB2 there also.........
We will be there in July too!

Great idea! Have fun

PDG:bounce:

I've heard of "Movie & Dinner" passes for a movie at the Cineplex & dinner at one of the Citywalk restaurants for around $17 per person. Has anyone else heard of this & have any details? Is there a ticket that can be purchased ahead of time ? If it's still available I thought it'd be a great deal !!

Yes, it was movie/dinner passes were still available about a month or so ago. Just make sure to read the fine print...I don't believe you can choose anything from the menu..I believe you are limited to certain entrees.

I see this is popular idea! I know the Plex is immense, but is it crowded during this time also?

That right Spiff... MIB2 will be on the big screen by then! It's going to be hard trying to wait until the last week of July to see it, I may have to see it twice!;)

Will the "Minority Report" with Cruise be out by then? Any other new releases that should be at the Cineplex by July?

We did this with our 6 yr old DD for the 20th anniv of E.T.! She had never seen the movie (or rode the ride) before so we took a mid-day break saw the movie and then went straight to the ride. It made our day!!:p

Twink...What a cool idea...my son has never seen E.T. too. He's a bit older than your daughter (14), but knowing him, he would get a kick out of it.;)

I do this every time we are down there. The Cineplex is almost always empty during the day (and its a little cheaper). Its a wonderful theatre, the seats even rock! The most comfortable theatre I've been in! I'm also hoping to catch MIB2. Have fun! I would also like to find out about those "Dinner & Movie" tickets. Anyone?

I did this for A.I. last year. The only problem was that the seats are so comfortable and the movie was so boring, I almost fell asleep!!!

That's what I'm afraid of if I go watch a movie in the Cineplex in the mid-day. I'll fall asleep! I almost fell asleep in Star Wars Episode II.

On a side note, I can't think of a good place at Universal to take a nap. WDW has lots of good places to nap -- Hall of Presidents, Muppetvision 3D, Tomrrowland Transit Authority, the sit-down movies at World Showcase -- but not Universal. Either a loud explosion will wake you up or the seats aren't meant for napping. :)

My son and I never miss the Cineplex! It's the perfect cool out especially on hot days. My first trip to Orlando was in July 1999 and the Cineplex was a life saver for us.

As for sleeping, my son sleeps through every movie there, which is a good thing! Great way to get recharged.

Gosh, kelly, I've never had the sundae, my decadent dessert is the coffee there! Yum Yum! :p

Originally posted by kellymonaghan
One of my favorite "bad" things to do is to have dessert at the Cineplex. Order up a big hot fudge sundae and head into a fun flick.

There, I've said it and I'm glad.

The weird thing is that the deserts probably had a lot less calories than the popcorn! :)

One of my favorite "bad" things to do is to have dessert at the Cineplex. Order up a big hot fudge sundae and head into a fun flick.

There, I've said it and I'm glad.

Why Kelly, I'm shocked, I'm appalled :D I'm also going to try one next time I'm there! :D :D

We went to a movie the last time we visited in the summer during the heat of the day and it was great.

You are right about there not being good places for a little nap at US/IOA. You forgot one though at Epcot.........The American Adventure..........it seems like we always hit that around 2 pm......I don't think I've ever seen that attraction from start to finish! LOL :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter