Park availability gone most of May 2021 - what's going on?

misonrisa

Earning My Ears
Hello. Not sure this is the right forum but here goes... park availability for May 2021 is almost gone. First two weeks are not available. Second half showing some availability. Other than the EPCOT Flower & Garden festival, what else is going on that is causing parks to be full? Is this just pent up demand? After Spring break I would have expected lower crowds. Just curious. :)

Hello. Not sure this is the right forum but here goes... park availability for May 2021 is almost gone. First two weeks are not available. Second half showing some availability. Other than the EPCOT Flower & Garden festival, what else is going on that is causing parks to be full? Is this just pent up demand? After Spring break I would have expected lower crowds. Just curious. :)
COVID fatigue.

I just booked two park days for the first week of May

The rental cars in may are oddly high as well.

That is all over the country.

Many of the rental companies sold a chunk of their fleets early in the pandemic. Now that demand is back up, the supply is too low, leading to higher prices and lack of availability at all some places.

We never rent a car for Disney because we don’t like driving on property, but we are renting a van for a trip to Colorado next month. When I booked it several months ago, I thought it was a little high ($350 all in for 4 full days), but booked it as a placeholder. That same reservation if I tried to book it now would be over $800!

The next three weekends have big cheerleading competitions at ESPN. And May 1/2 there is an additional cheer “finals” being held in Orlando as well. more people being fully vaccinated and more comfortable with travel in general Will drive more tourism This summer.

We are going to see a surge in WDW travel. I suspect park reservations are going to fill up May all the way to October pretty darn quick.

Hopefully the go to normal full capacity soon, I suspect by oct they will and once that hits it shouldn't be a huge issue since it will just be like in the past.

Excellent. Just they should just open it up fully already. It’s beyond time.

I don’t think they are ready for that. They need to open restaurants, shows, attractions to handle additional capacity. College program cm’s and international cm’s are not available. Plus there’s the issue of children not being vaccinated, there’s a big outbreak in Michigan with children hospitalized. I think they will gradually increase capacity, they can’t just throw it all open.

I’m nervous about this! We rescheduled our June 2020 trip for the 2nd week of May thinking it would be lower crowds following spring break but before school gets out. I’m a little annoyed now - I should have just scheduled it for my kids’ spring break and not pulled them from school.

I’m nervous about this! We rescheduled our June 2020 trip for the 2nd week of May thinking it would be lower crowds following spring break but before school gets out. I’m a little annoyed now - I should have just scheduled it for my kids’ spring break and not pulled them from school.
A few weeks ago, a bunch of Park Passes became available in June. The theory is that Disney plans to increase park capacity in June, meaning the parks are going to be more crowded. At this point, it's mostly just Epcot available in June for Ticket Holders and Resort Guests. Annual Passholders almost certainly will fill up the rest of June as those days get closer.

You probably did the right thing by scheduling your next trip for May.

I’m nervous about this! We rescheduled our June 2020 trip for the 2nd week of May thinking it would be lower crowds following spring break but before school gets out.

LOL same here. Picked it because DD19 will be done with college semester, so we're not missing any school. It was looking good on TP but numbers are going up.

Not sure about the Disney impact, but a bunch of Colleges had no spring break (so students wouldn’t bring Covid back to campus) and will be getting out a week early, and many college kids will be spring breaking in early May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter