Parade Views

Rista1313

Mouseketeer
My husband uses a cane, and cannot stand for long periods of time, but he also can't get down to the ground to sit. How/what is the best way to view parades, etc?

There are relatively few benches in the parks now, and folding chairs are not permitted. A wheelchair or ECV or rollator is the only way to guarantee he'll have a place to sit other than the ground. You can rent wheelchairs or ECVs in-park, or all 3 are available to rent through offsite vendors (less expensive), or bring one from home.

Enjoy your vacation!

I sat on the porch of the Liberty Tree Tavern once. However, I had to stand up to really see anything.

also along the river ( I think frontier land) there are trees with box like things around them they are bare stool height you can easily sit on one of these ( might have to get there early like 45 minutes to get one) if there is any room in front I would suggest someone in your group sit there so it does not block his view. ( some are very close to the front)

if he walking around some helps he might be able to use the handicap area and walk around in this area and lean up against the railing in the back of it.

As someone who has graduated from a cane to a rollator I can tell you the problems I used to have trying to find someplace to view the parades.
there are trees with box like things around them
If you plan on sitting at any of these places or any of the benches along the route you probably will have to stake out your seat in advance. These do get snapped up well before the parade.
Since getting the rollator, I'm much happier knowing I have a spot no matter where I want to sit and it's especially good if I get tired anytime during the day.

ae ( might have to get there early like 45 minutes to get one)

If you plan on sitting at any of these places or any of the benches along the route you probably will have to stake out your seat in advance. These do get snapped up well before the parade.

Yes this is why I said to get there about 45 minutes early. ( slower times I have found a spot 15-20 minutes early ) nice time to rest people watch and have a snack

I used a rollator Walker after my back surgery and it was the best thing ever for parade viewing. It was the first time I have waited for a parade with no pain! I cannot recommend enough how much using one helped me on the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter