Palo extra charges - are they clear enough?

This is a random thought, but I always assumed sparkling water in a nice restaurant meant water from a bottle (and therefore, always at a charge). And if you wanted free carbonated water, you asked for seltzer water or soda water. I don't drink sparkling water, though, so what do I know?
Considering that many really nice restaurants I've been to have a separate water menu, I now just expect that if I don't specify tap water, I'm going to be charged. I assumed everyone did the same, but you know what happens when you assume.

Yes, of course this is correct. No where are they going to offer sparkling water and give you soda water.

I remember only ordering sparkling water on my Europe trip. There must be a reason why.

I know what you are referring to. I recall in either Spain or Belgium maybe, the only choices at restaurants were bottled still or sparkling. Maybe it's just not customary in some restaurants to offer tap. I recall in Germany (and NYC and Phila now that I'm thinking about it) they sometimes just place the bottle on the table and charge you only if drink it.

Oh gosh - I am not communicating well - by still I meant, not sparkling.

No, that was my misunderstanding; I misread your meaning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter