Packing up on last night????

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
We will be on the 4-nite cruise. And, we will probably not over-pack. Of course, when we travel, we usually do not pack until the morning that we will be checking out. Seems like we have not had a major problem with this... just throwing everything into our suitcases and out the door. I really would prefer to do this, than to spend that last evening packing, and then still having to deal with our carry-off that last morning anyhow. Especially since our 4-nite became a Freeport Stop, and we lost that day at sea on the last day, the last day will be really busy.

Two questions...

Has anyone else done this... are there any drawbacks, other than having to get up a bit earlier?

And, Do they have the room service coffee/pastries available on that last morning?

Thanks!

no room service, but you can head up to Topsiders for the breakfast buffet. Dh took the kids up there while I packed the last minute stuff and we were still off the boat at 8:05.

Can you pack the stuff you know you won't need and set it out and leave the rest to carry off?

They ask that you have all luggage (excluding carry on items) packed, secured, and outside of your stateroom between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. on the last evening of the cruise. Your Stateroom Host or Hostess will have to ready all of this luggage for debarkation the next day and that is a lot of work.

As for not doing this and missing the deadline, I'm not exactly sure what would happen. It may be that you personally would have to carry all of your luggage to breakfast and off of the ship.

If you don't leave your luggage out the night before it is your responsibility to carry it off the ship. If you are only doing the 4 day and don't think you'll have much then it might not be a problem. I've never had a problem getting most of our gear packed up the night before and just having to carry off a slightly heavier bag than I carried out (due to toiletries and some clothes).

I start packing up things bit by bit that last afternoon/evening till the bag is ready to place outside my room. I always seem to have quite a bit of carry off luggage left, however, lol. Each cruise I vow to pack less, and I am getting better. There is no way I could haul it all to breakfast the last morning, though.

We were on the land/sea and there were 5 of us so we had quite a bit of luggage. What we did was to put all the dirty clothes or clothes we were not going to wear again in one suitcase. Fill it up and it would be ready days in advance, then we would start on a new one. By the end of the trip, we didn't spen alot of time packing that last couple of suitcases because as we changed clothes all that week, the clothes went in the suitcase. It also made it much easier when we went from WDW to the cruise. Just throw them in as you do it and it makes it very easy.

Thanks!

What we might do is let DH run up to topsiders for Coffee and Juice... I think we will just be ready to pack up and disembark. :(

I am not thinking that spending time having a nice breakfast on the ship will be that big a priority... I would trade that breakfast in a heartbeat for a wonderful luggage free evening on that last night! Dreams, Palo, etc...

Are there no luggage carts available? Even if there are, I imagine that finding one not in use is no easy task.

Wishing on a star,
Just a few other things to consider.
There are no luggage cart at all. EVERYONE on the ship is leaving at roughly the same time. There will be a lot of people to try and get you luggage around, keep an eye on etc. You have to be off the ship early. That means getting up VERY early to pack .
Having done three DCL cruises we find it very easy to just put the dirty stuff away as we go and toss in the last few items on the last evening. Go have an enjoyable last meal on the ship and then have an easier time at debarkation. Believe me it is HECTIC in the halls and on the decks.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter