Packing Obsession???anyone else

abby

Abby's Mom
:rotfl2: Ok so we leave in 21 days :cool1:
I usually plan months in advance, and am itching to get out the suitcases and start packing, but I haven't told dd 6 yet that we are going, so I can't start packing. Anyone else pack way before time? :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

I usually pack a week in advance - too much sooner then that and we would run out of clothes!!! I do have an excel spreadsheet though detailing exactly what we are bringing, broken out into different categories to aid the process once it is time...and I only have a week left to start packing!!!

I hope you and DD have a blast - I bet the anticipation is driving you crazy!!!

I'm a chronic list maker...I make lists, remake, add stuff ... it's a sickness I tell you! :crazy:
I pack about 4-7 days before, mainly b/c there's items I may feel like wearing that I don't want to pack! But it's on my list so I know I won't forget it! ;)

I plan on surprising DD too, I think if I DO pack most of it, then simply store the luggage in my usual place she'll be none the wiser.
Since we have to do a weekend trip I may be able to get all of our stuff into one carryon - THAT would be awesome!

We are leaving in 9 days to DL and we are completely packed. I packed 8 days in advance in June before we went to WDW. I make the huge lists also. It has been really hard this time though because my parents are taking my son Oct. 7 - Oct. 14. And my DS and parents have no idea we are going on Oct. 8 -10. So our suitcase is packed in my closet. HAHAHA

Oh my goodness.... I had my suitcase packed 4 months ago :rotfl:

Im kidding, but in all honesty I had started a list MONTHS ago as to what to pack etc. I am leaving in 2 days, and I am already freaking that Im forgetting something. Its like the movie "Home alone" when the moms on the plane and has the feeling she has forgotten something important. So yes Packing is an addiction.

About 3 weeks ago for fun, I went into my closet and chose good walking shoes, and then came up with adorable outfits that went with my shoes. I am a fashion freak so its a terrible when you have to pack, because you want to look decent when you go in public. Then I went and made a list of the clothes im taking, so I wont forget them.

So since im leaving in 2 days, Ive already done my laundry, packed my cute outfits, my passports, and everything else I need. Although yes Im still freaking that I may have forgotten something.

But all in all, im now just trying to sit back with my mom "my upcoming travel buddy" with a bowl of popcorn having a disney movie fest, until we leave.

i'm not so much a packing freak... just a trip planning freak. and a little obsessive at that. :rolleyes1 i research everything about the time period we're going, and write the info down and then re-write it with all the other info like it. i also make lists for everything; what i'm bringing, what hubby's bringing, what we need to bring... then making lists of all the books and things to keep me occupied on the trip.

and i only pack about 2 weeks in advance...

I am a frantic researcher also. I make spreadsheets of how the days will go, our ressie, naptime, etc. so I don't get too excited in the park. I only pack the night before, though, since I am horrible about doing laundry!

I wanna pack now. I'm so excited, I can't stand it!!! :Pinkbounc :banana: We don't leave until Dec 6th but I have everything planned already, as far as packing goes. I plan when I'll go and get my hair and nails done and usually will go to the store a week in advance to stock up on shampoo and all that other little stuff. I also pack for my husband because he usually always forgets something. I also set my alarm clock and the alarm clock on both cell phones the night before because for some reason I get so freaked that I won't wake up or the power will go out and the alarms won't go off and we'll miss our flight. Our flight on the 6th leaves Seattle at 6:40am so I'll get up at 2, take a shower and get ready so we can be at the airport at 4:40am. oh yea and we also have to park the car. See, I told you all I was obsessed!!!

YEA!!!!!!! :jumping1: 9 DAYS IN DISNEYLAND!!!!!!! DEC 6TH-14TH :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :bounce: :bounce:

wow - I tend to pack the day or two before we go... you can always buy what you forget :).

We leave in 46 days and we are packed, ready to go! Kids have no clue about the trip but have so many clothes it wasn't an issue. I used the zip lock bag method of packing and wow, it is a great way to pack. Lots of room left over for all of my shopping !!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter