Packing Dilemma for the beginning of Feb

tnkerbell

Earning My Ears
Ok - I have been monitoring the weather down in Orlando, and well it appears to be quite chilly!!! I will be down in about 2 weeks, and I guess anything can happen by then. What the heck should I pack? Shorts & Jeans?? T shirts? Sweatshirts??? What would be good enough for park hopping all day??? Any tips??

We will be coming from NY - and its COLLLLD up here!

Thanx

We always would go down to Disney in mid Feb (this year was the first time we went down at a different time of year!). I would takes mostly jeans and t-shirts. You will definitely need a sweatshirt for the mornings or evenings. Personally, I never wore shorts this time of year. It has to be almost 80 for me to feel comfortable in shorts!:p

I can totally relate to your comment about your local weather. We're in PA and it is totally nuts! It is not going to be out of the 20's all week!:mad: :eek: Thurs. is supposed to be a high of 17!!! Hey, it you're taking 95 south, take a jump off at the Penndel exit (47 I think) and pick me up! :bounce: I won't take up much room!;)

Hi, We just got back and the nights were more then just chilly. I had on a long sleeve mid-weight knit shirt, jeans and a three season coat and let me tell you after a couple of hours in the parks, I was cold. I would recommend you bring layers of clothes. SHort sleeved shirts but something long to put over it if need be and maybe a three-season type jacket. We would start the day layered, take a few off, put a few back on by day's end. Didn't need shorts at all. Didn't need a bathing suit either! I did have a pair of shorts with me and they stayed packed! I hope you have warmer weather and enjoy the trip! : )

Hi, I'm leaving for my first Disney trip on Saturday. I don't think the weather will feel cool at all to me.. It's minus 10 here now.. at 8:30 in the morning.

I'm heading down from CT on 2/1 - I can't wait to escape these frigid temps!

I plan on packing a couple pairs of jeans, some shorts, T-shirts, and a sweatshirt. I plan on carrying a backpack to the parks, so I can always take the sweatshirt off and put it in the bag if it warms up during the day. Keep in mind this cold snap could end quickly. When we went in January 2001, it had gotten below freezing the week before, but when we were there it was high 70s - low 80s all week. Rigth now, the 10 day forecast looks like it should be back up to the high 60s when we arrive.

We're heading down to WDW on 2/9. If the weather is cold it will still be a relief. The temp. today is 5 degrees. Ugh!!! No doubt Florida temps. will be better than that. Although, I will still keep my fingers crossed for temps in the 70's. At any rate, I suppose I will pack a couple sets of warm and cool clothing. Maybe if I sprinkle some pixie dust on my shorts and t shirts the weather will cooperate and allow me to wear them.

Lots and lots of pixie dust! I hope everyone going soon gets much warmer weather then we did! HOWEVER.....we still had a blast! Good luck and many Delightful Disney Days!:Pinkbounc

We have been twice in Feb.(2000 and 2002)The first time it was cool in the morning but hot durrung the day and cool in the evening.We wore sweatshirts over shorts and we were comfortable.Last year I was layering my clothes for the evenings because it was cold!Looking at pictures we were always in long pants with jackets or fleece sweatshirts on.We ended up buying fleece sweatshirts while we were there(which cause problems packing on the way back)I would pack a little of everything and plan on doing laundry if need be.You will definately need a couple of warm (fleece) jackets or sweatshirts.Just pack your favorite clothes to wear(2-3 shorts,2-3 long pants ,you can wash them there) and leave out anything that you are unsure of.You will tend to wear your favorites anyway and won't miss the things you leave behind.I hope the weather is nice and warm for you!!

WARM UP!!! We leave Feb. 2, and DS and I are both summer hogs. We hate cold weather and feel like we're dying. And we're in VA. No way we would last up North!!

I have pixie dust sprinkled all over our summer wear!!

shelly (who is super mom and will still bring cold weather gear, just in case)

Hopefully it will warm up. When I was at Disney in December and in Octorber, we had more then the usual rain. As a matter of fact we had rain so heavy that many places were flooded. Soooooo.....on our trip down last week, we were hoping for pretty good weather and it wasn't bad but a little nippier then I would of liked. Our friends who live down there jokingly asked me not to come too often because I bring Jersey weather down with me!! :( They are lucky it's only Jersey weather I bring....did anyone see the NJ Disney pin?????It has a skunk on it!! Now what do they mean by that!!!!!!!:smooth: :smooth:

We leave Jan. 31st and I'm planning on bringing a little bit of everything, although heavier on the jeans/pants/sweatshirts than shorts and t-shirts.

Just peaked at the weather and it looks like starting the 31st it's supposed to be a high of 70 and low in the mid-40's. That seems better than what it is down there now, so I hope the forecast is comes true!! And if it's very sunny and in the 70's I know we'll just be really loving it! :)

Pixie Dust for warm weather being sent!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter