Outdated

I was upgraded from garden to bay..with blue! I did ask if anything was available..was offered same for $20 a night. When I declined, it became available for free.:goodvibes

Welp, I wasn't! Test!

1. I'm Blue. I booked a Pool View (or Bay View) room and I was upgraded to a Deluxe room at check-in at the HRH (or PBH).
A. Big Woop! You were entitled to that upgrade as part of the LF Program.
B. Woot! It was your lucky day!

2. I'm Blue or Gold and I got a suite upgrade at check-in, and I wasn't charged for it!

3. I'm Blue (or Gold or Platinum) and I booked with an AP rate or FL resident rate or through a 3rd party vendor like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, or Southwest Vacations. They gave me an upgrade at check-in!

4. I'm Platinum and I got a comped upgrade to Club Level or I was comped Club Privileges!

5. I'm Platinum and I got upgraded to a Kids Suite instead of a King Suite.

6. I got upgraded to a Villa Suite or a Hospitality Suite or the Presidential Suite!
B. Woot! It was your lucky day! And the best WOOT!

7. My family of 4 or 5 was upgraded to a King Suite at the HRH or RPR.

8. I contacted one of the hotel managers before hand. I'm Platinum, but he (or she) knows me, and he (she) promised me an upgrade to a Hospitality (Villa, Presidential) suite before hand.

9. I heard other people make arrangements ahead of time for good upgrades. I scoured the Internet, and I found e-mail addresses and phone numbers of anyone and everyone at the HRH who could make a great upgrade happen. I should probably check into the stalking laws in Florida. I was worried the HRH had a restraining order against me, but lo and behold, we were shown the Graceland Suite when we checked in!
B. Woot! It was your lucky day! Big, BIG WOOT!

10. We are going to Universal for our honeymoon or 39th Wedding Anniversary or little Suzie's 10th birthday (and she's done so well in school this year!). We told anyone and everyone of our celebration plans, and we were upgraded from an obstructed view to a Pool View room at the HRH.

11. We are Platinum, but we couldn't resist the APH rates for an obstructed view room at the HRH. But, when we got there, I went into the room with a black lite and I found mold and a pet hair that I can prove was there 3 years ago. I went to the manager appalled, and he moved us to a King Suite.

12. We stayed at RPR for 6 nights a while back. Anything and everything that could go wrong with that stay did. The manager told us to give him a call if we ever wanted to go back. In the meantime, we got our Loews Gold card. We called the manager, and he helped us get our reservation. Upon check-in, we had a suite on the club level.

OK, everyone. What are your answers?

Let's see how well you did learning the difference between LF Entitlement Upgrades and Lucky Day Upgrades!

My answers in red. I read your whole thread as I am just coming on here to learn about Universal. Planning a vacation in '08 and a friend pointed me here. Said you all were very helpful. Boy was he right!

Hopefully I did well, as the thread was extremely helpful in explaining it all :teeth:

So, how did I do? Did I get an 'A'? Do I get an upgrade? Huh, Huh?

Please forgive me for this post but I just want to make sure I got this correct. I just signed up for the Loews card (thanks to those on this board), so I am at the 0-5 night level and I just booked 2 rooms at rack rate but hoping for a AAA discount for RPH. So your saying when I check-in I can ask for a free upgrade? Is this correct? Also, will I get 1 or 2 welcome gifts since I booked 2 rooms? Any suggestions on what gift to pick since I have 5 children? TIA

Please forgive me for this post but I just want to make sure I got this correct. I just signed up for the Loews card (thanks to those on this board), so I am at the 0-5 night level and I just booked 2 rooms at rack rate but hoping for a AAA discount for RPH. So your saying when I check-in I can ask for a free upgrade? Is this correct? Also, will I get 1 or 2 welcome gifts since I booked 2 rooms? Any suggestions on what gift to pick since I have 5 children? TIA

You can ask for an upgrade at check-in. If it is a slow time you have a much better chance of one being available.

If you have one LoewsFirst number, you will only get LoewsFirst credit for the room in which the LF holder is in, so only one gift.

If your second room is for your children, I would get a second LF card for your spouse and when you reserve your rooms, put yourself and your LF number in one room and your spouse and spouse's LF number in the other room. Then you have two qualifying rooms for the gifts.

For kids - the milk and cookies are great!

Your kids should also get a Loews Loves Kids gift at check-in. Make sure they are with you so they see them. If you don't get it, ask for it. I don't know if it is the same, but the last time we stayed there, the younger kids got a pail and shovel with some treats in it and the older kids got a small bag (backpack type) with some treats in it.

Your kids should also get a Loews Loves Kids gift at check-in. Make sure they are with you so they see them. If you don't get it, ask for it. I don't know if it is the same, but the last time we stayed there, the younger kids got a pail and shovel with some treats in it and the older kids got a small bag (backpack type) with some treats in it.

Thank you for this info and I'm signing up for another card now!!!

By having 2 LF cards, it will take longer to accumulate next status level tho... Since each card will only have that stay counted toward that.... I don't think they let you "combine" cards and the stays they accumulate :sad2:

By having 2 LF cards, it will take longer to accumulate next status level tho... Since each card will only have that stay counted toward that.... I don't think they let you "combine" cards and the stays they accumulate :sad2:

So would I get credit for 2 rooms on one card? Just not 2 welcome gifts.

So would I get credit for 2 rooms on one card? Just not 2 welcome gifts.

You will get a welcome gift for room A on the LF program and a gift for room B with your other LF card. Room A will earn 1 qualified stay and the card you use for Room B will earn 1 stay. What I'm trying to get at is this: instead of accumulating stays/nights on ONE card, you will be splitting them on TWO cards, therefore taking longer to accumulate the stays/nights you need to get bumped to gold level... make sense, or have I confused you more????

You will get a welcome gift for room A on the LF program and a gift for room B with your other LF card. Room A will earn 1 qualified stay and the card you use for Room B will earn 1 stay. What I'm trying to get at is this: instead of accumulating stays/nights on ONE card, you will be splitting them on TWO cards, therefore taking longer to accumulate the stays/nights you need to get bumped to gold level... make sense, or have I confused you more????

lol I totally understand what you are saying but I don't think I made my relpy understandable. What if I only have 1 card, will they credit my Loews card for 2 stays since I'm booking 2 rooms. For example, when I booked 2 rooms with Best Western they give me the credit for all nights for both rooms on their reward card.

lol I totally understand what you are saying but I don't think I made my relpy understandable. What if I only have 1 card, will they credit my Loews card for 2 stays since I'm booking 2 rooms. For example, when I booked 2 rooms with Best Western they give me the credit for all nights for both rooms on their reward card.

I just called them and asked them.... if you have 2 rooms and they are each booked on their own LF card number, they will not combine them into one.... and you can only get the LF bennies on 1 room if you book the two rooms. So, if what you want is welcome gift for each room, get two cards (in different names---1 in yours/1 in DH's) and book 1 room in your name (with YOUR LF card #) and book the other room in your DH's name (and use his LF card #)...then you will get a welcome gift for each room....

liberalmouse, you were right ...

each answer was, of course, B. Good for you! Tell them you passed the test on the DIS when you make your reservation. See how far that gets you! :)

You can never put more than one room on one card, so it won't make a difference on how long her benefits add up.

She will get x # of nights on Card A for room A and x # of nights on Card B for room B.

LoewsFirst wouldn't allow her to put 2x # of nights on Card A. No matter how many rooms she books, she will still only get the number of night's credit for one room on her card.

So, my suggestion for getting the second card was merely for securing the second set of gifts. It won't affect the # of nights credits she earns.

Hope that makes sense!

liberalmouse, you were right ...

each answer was, of course, B. Good for you! Tell them you passed the test on the DIS when you make your reservation. See how far that gets you! :)

:lmao: tell 'em Jodie said you can have a free upgrade as your prize ;)

Passed DIS test, free upgrade prize, Jodie said so...

writing it all down :cool1:

You all are way too funny.

psst....and way friendlier than the boards not to be named

psst....and way friendlier than the boards not to be named

Yep...we try.... I know I visit the "other" side (esp. cruise to research upcoming trip) and they aren't as "fun" as we are here ;) Glad you have joined us here....stick around even after yer trip is over..... we have a 'something about nothing, come join in' thread on the UO/IOA (park) board....it's like our own little CB.....feel free to stop by...but be warned, it moves quik!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter