Our un-magical Day

Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o
"Update added by user 20 hours ago
I received a phone call from Joan Martin at Disney Customer Relations. She was very gracious and understanding. Ms. Martin offered to make us reservations at our favorite restaurant at Hollywood Studios and offered my family tickets to go to the Magic Kingdom again and set up meet and greets personally for Cinderella. I am happy with Disney's response and glad that they were willing to listen. I sincerely hope that changes are made so that other families don't have to experience the same frustrations."

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...306478339.html

Also, on her other DIS boards profile, her birthday is listed as April 10th. I don't know about you, but March 3rd is not the same day as April 10th.

I know that sometimes people celebrate a few days off of the actual day due to time constraints, but really? You don't get to be pissy that nobody wished you a happy birthday when your birthday is still over a month away.

OMG... I can't believe that if this is true that Disney would give her all of that to make peace... just... wow... they probably just helped her make a fastpass reservation to see Cinderella at Fairytale Hall... and I bet she will come back screaming that she didn't get a private tour of the castle... I just want to walk up to her and shake her back into reality.

becuz......
(some examples from my past travels at a Disney Park or Disney Cruise):

1) DCL Jan 2012 - I too was offered a private Meet & Greet w/Cindy while I was dining at Palo.:goodvibes

2) March 2010 @ DL - I was given numerous FP's while I stayed at GCH

All of the above didn't happen cuz I was upset, etc. It was done openly by the CM's.:)

ANYWHO -
Yes, I also agree per the above post- I bet she will come screaming that she didn't "get" (NOTE SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT) a private tour of the castle.....
** Just sayin' **

and all the other things this so called "Joan" @ WDW Customer Relations was offering??
NOTHING that would make me wanna blog about it as I highly doubt this "Joan" even exists FYI.

Overall, I don't feel the OP is being truthfull in this "conflict resolution" and I feel very sorry for her children that they get to witness this overall kind of a behavior from an adult.::yes::

Moreover, if one doesn't do any basic research on where they are traveling to, the end result is that their vacation will normally not live up to their expectations as the destination's level of Customer Service is not 100% necessarily relevant -

it's more IMHO of 1) "DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING?, 2) DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WHILE THERE? 3) DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT WHILE YOU ARE THERE??"
and from there, you will then typically see the level of customer service fall in its natural course of daily actions.:goodvibes

BUT -
Clearly, the OP's answers to the above 3 highlighted simpleton questions is a resounding NO.

And for this, the CM's are "expected' to bend over backwards for her in the so called 'Conflict resolution Department'??:lmao:

WOW.:3dglasses

T.T.F.N.
& Cheers Y'allpopcorn::

Slightly OT, but a few people have mentioned the baby stroller/parking issue at MK--- On MK days, we usually park at Epcot and take the monorail to MK so we don't have to fold up the stroller. It works out well and we can have dinner at Epcot.

I'm sorry this happened to you guys :(

Did you read the thread?

Pretty much, this is all made up. As soon as people called them on it another poster was created to support them. People called that posted out and both went poof. Until, magically, just as everyone knew this was all a bunch of junk, Disney called them and offered them all this wonderful stuff.

Yea right.

It's all a lie. All you have to do is read between the lines and know the poster's history.

Slightly OT, but a few people have mentioned the baby stroller/parking issue at MK--- On MK days, we usually park at Epcot and take the monorail to MK so we don't have to fold up the stroller. It works out well and we can have dinner at Epcot.

To avoid this hubby drops us off at guest drop off then parks so one person only has to ride the tram. We wait for him the all get on the monorail to MK. We do plan our day with a little extra time to do this for rope drop.

To avoid this hubby drops us off at guest drop off then parks so one person only has to ride the tram. We wait for him the all get on the monorail to MK. We do plan our day with a little extra time to do this for rope drop.

That's a good idea too! My husband is not a huge MK fan (the crowds and the lack of beer), so Epcot is also a way to bribe him into not complaining too much.:)

Well I have not only enjoyed the OP and friend/husband's posts, but everyone else's has been just as enjoyable. Seriously, the way they found her other posts?? awesome. Maybe we can put some of that Dis know how to use in finding the missing plane?

Disney should give the OP an all expense paid trip to River Country and Discovery Island!

I did not read every single page of this "discussion" but I have to say this gave me a great laugh:lmao::rotfl2:

I have only been a few times in my life and I have never had a bad experience on any of my trips

This woman sounds so much like "friends" of my boss. My boss's family goes every year at Thanksgiving (2 high school kids, miss less time from school, etc...) and another family decided to go at the same time. My boss always stays at a Moderate and usually get the DDP for "free". The other family stayed off property b/c they had hotel reward points and the room was free, but they paid for the DDP. They ended up spending within $100 of each other.

The wife of the other family got mad and called Disney, demanding a refund, b/c she didn't get to have the magic band and pre-book fast passes and all the "good" ADRs were taken by people staying on property since they could book sooner.

Disney basically asked her, "were you able to ride the rides you really want to?", which she replied "yes, but we had to wait in line longer than those with fast passes", and "were you able to eat at most of the places you wanted to?", to which she said "yes, but not at the time we would have preferred to".
Disney politely told her that no one is guaranteed to not wait in line or to have meals exactly when they want them, especially during such a business time of the year. They thanked her for her patronage, hoped she return and stay on property next time to take advantage of the perks this offered and bid her adieu.

She has sinced sworn to NEVER RETURN TO DISNEY!!!! To which we have said :goodvibes:dance3::cheer2:because that is one less moron to potentially deal with on our next trip.

Just about every point you shared could have been prevented with a little research.

AND a little forethought with just a hint of planning....if you're on this board, I don't know how you didn't know about the FP+???

The other family stayed off property b/c they had hotel reward points and the room was free, but they paid for the DDP.

You can't get the dining plan if you're staying off property. They must've paid out of pocket for their meals.

I'm wondering if the OP did this to get "Thread of the Month" and win a gift card...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter