• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Our second pre-Christmas Disney Trip - Day 3

WeezyLamb

Earning My Ears
Alarm went off at 8am (I thoroughly admire all of you who get up earlier than that - where DO you get the energy?!) and we had breakfast and then headed for the Studios, which I had been waiting for as we managed to get on Crush last year and I was SO looking forward to riding it again that I was slightly squealing!

In we go at high speed, and walked straight into the parade!

092.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

yes34.jpg

After the fast parade we went straight to Crush, and were crushed, it was closed :eek: Technical problems and the guy on the gate said it would poss be closed all day :sad1: I was uber sad, but I would rather be safe than not, so we walked straight onto the Flying Carpets and cheered ourselves up a little!

Next was, of course, RnRCoaster - GOD WE LOVE THIS COASTER! Walked straight on, twice LOL!

098.jpg

099.jpg

yes37.jpg

yes38.jpg

I always tend to let out a *arghhhhhhumph* sound as it speeds off, but then I love it!

The Studios were very quiet, so everything was a walk on, which was grand :)

Armaggedon next - youngest didn't want to do it last year, but was very enthusiastic this year and we all enjoy *being in the movies*.

Onwards it was, to Stitch Live! We had NO idea what to expect, so walked into the auditorium and the boys went and sat on the carpet - well blow me down, how utterly fantastic and clever is it! Benj was the first chosen so we felt even more part of the action, how they do it, I don't know, but we will be saying the place we come from in Stitch's voice for ever more!

I couldn't get the boys into Animagique or Cinemagic, which peed me off, so we went to see if Crush had re-opened, nope :( Husband and eldest then braved the TOT - it said 5 mins, they were gone at least 30mins, but never mind! OH came off absolutely enthusing about it, Benj looked rather grey but said it was awesome - so I went on, alone, Benj hadn't enjoyed it enough to come again! Wow, the waiting areas are SO well done, I really enjoyed just standing and taking it all in (for those that have critisised the cobwebs and upkeep of DLRP, the cobwebs in TOT are SUPPOSED to be there :rotfl: ) Well, I absolutely wet myself laughing throughout the whole thing - how much fun is it! Freds declined...

yes40.jpg

he got the choice of where to go next and he went with Cars, bless him!

Just because I love Mater...

yes45.jpg

A stop at the Scream-o-meters was, of course, in order...

yes47.jpg

yes48.jpg

The one on the left didn't work and the one on the right was temperamental, which was a shame, but the boys didn't mind crouching! We didn't wait for Sully, but hopped over the barriers for a quick pic...

yes49.jpg

Crush was still down :headache: and the boys decided that we should go to the Park and then spend the following morning in the Studio again, so as we left we happened upon the man himself :wizard:

yes50.jpg

Freds was VERY happy!

Back to the park and we did the usual suspects, saw some characters, and caught some snow...

yes52.jpg

We were going to go on Indy, it was offline :( Benj and I went and queued up for Space Mountain as it said 5 mins queue - after 10 mins I decided we should think about leaving (not fair on Freds) as we hadn't moved...then the announcement came over that it TOO was offline - imagine if you were doing a day trip, wanted to do the coasters and 3 were offline, you would be fuming! Still, it didn't bother us, we just had another thrash match on Buzz (I won, yay!)

Retired back to the hotel for a swim and had an awesome time in the pool and on the slides :) We were going to go back to the village but it was ICY cold, foggy and we didn't feel it fair on the boys, so we ate at the hotel (buffet, passable), had a few cocktails, played Uno and went to bed - rock and roll!!!

loving ur reports!!! sounds like u had a good time - as for getting up early.... i just have a massive list of 'to do' and my brain is active the whole time trying to get everything in lol dont want to miss a minute of disney magic ;)

wow i cant believe your DS2 wasnt tall enough for indiana but tall enough for RnR

He even went on RnR last year! They kept measuring him as they couldn't believe he was big enough, but he was and I spent the 4 rides gripping his leg! It is 1.20m for RnR and 1.40m for Indy - doesn't make much sense to me either, but there you go! Space Mountain is 1.32m and Freds is 1.31m and a half accordning to the greeter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter