Our First October Trip - Pre-Trip Report - Trick or Treat Bags Done (04/10/09)

As mentioned in previous posts it is time to introduce the newest member of our family who will be joining us on this trip.

His name is Dizzy and he came to be yesterday in a Build-a-Bear workshop in Sheffield, helped into the world by Sophie who - although only a trainee - made a fantastic job of giving him his personality

IMG_1743.jpg

As he will be coming with us we thought he might also enjoy MNSSHP - so bought him his own costume.

IMG_1746.jpg

We have also done him his own LGMH for his backpack - so say 'Hi' if you see him around :thumbsup2

Dizzy.jpg

Now to the Big Plan.

Dizzy will be coming on holiday with us to Florida, where we hope to take him around all the parks and attractions and get as many good photo's of him with landmarks, buildings and characters as we can.
What we think may happen once we return home is that Dizzy will be the same as everyone else we know who has even been to WDW. He will want to go back - as soon as possible I would guess. And as the caring parents that we are we feel it important that he is given every opportunity to explore The World that may be presented to him.
That is were our Dis family will come in.
We are hoping that some of you friendly Dis'ers, that are going away after the 1st November 2009, would be willing to sneak a small addition to your group into your suitcase and take him on holiday with you.
We would love for him to travel the world and get photos of him at the different Disney parks, maybe on a cruise, in a restaurant that he hasn't been to before or even go to places that are not necessarily Disney related.
Dizzy already has his own Facebook page (search Dizzy Bear), and we will be updating this with his first Florida pics while we are away, and will continue to update it as he makes his way around the world.
The logisitcs of this are yet to be worked out but we have a rough plan and think it would work really well.
DW keeps looking at me as if I have totally lost the plot this time - although I do think she is warming to the idea - but I am really excited to find out if this will work and how big it might grow.

I am willing to entertain any thoughts or ideas any of you have, whether you think it will work or not - and if you want to be one of the first to take him away on your holiday with you :banana:

I think its a brill idea !!!!:banana::banana:
My kids would love to do this especially as he has a facebook page and we can watch him before we go !!!
Our trip isnt till november 2010 but we would love to take Dizzy with us and will stand up to the challenge of finding somewhere he has never been before :rotfl2:
Cant wait to see where he goes with you guys and he looks very cute in his outfit !!
Love it :love:
Louise x

How cute!! I used to work at Build a Bear and I still have my own bear (Cornelius) whom I buy outfits for from time to time, got him a set of ears at DLR last year :) If our trip had been after yours I would gladly have offered to take Dizzy to New York and Boston with us :goodvibes

Hi there Marcus,
I can't believe it is only 2 weeks on tuesday till we go to WDW and you get to show me (sis) Darren and Jack what we have been waiting to see for the last year or more,
When we said we would be going with you that is where the hard work began because i have put in 40hrs a month overtime in to pay for our Dream holiday and i can honestly say it is going to be worth it ,
Jack is getting so excited now as he has seen the packed suitcases so he knows it is nearly time to go,
Darren is just going with the flow as normal ( think he is abit nervous about flying as it will be his 1st time on a plane ) .
I am looking so forward to spending time with you, Elaine , my niece and nephew and mum, it is going to be magical.
I just want to let you and Elaine know that me and darren Appreciate all the hard work you have both put in to make this a special holiday for us :love:. The planner is just amazing and i am looking forward to seeing the look on Jacks face when he walks through the gates ( think there will be a few tears)
I have taken your advise and re-packed jacks case :rotfl2:
Chat soon and a huge thanks again and thats before we even get there
Sis xx

Now that is going to confuse everyone.
Pegasus as a Dis name - though I also use Kenny, and then you go and call me Marcus (which although it is my real name is normally only used by you or Mum when I am in big trouble)

Keep counting down those days and we will be there before you know it.
I just hope that it lives up to all your expectations and hype that we have been giving you for the last year.

I think its a brill idea !!!!:banana::banana:
My kids would love to do this especially as he has a facebook page and we can watch him before we go !!!
Our trip isnt till november 2010 but we would love to take Dizzy with us and will stand up to the challenge of finding somewhere he has never been before :rotfl2:
Cant wait to see where he goes with you guys and he looks very cute in his outfit !!
Love it :love:
Louise x

Once we get back from our trip we hope to have enough people interested in joining in that we will be able to put a calendar together. We will make sure that you are the first names on it for November 2010 :thumbsup2

I have just caught up from the start Kenny, your plans sound amazing. Dizzy would be more that welcome to come along with us in December, he may like to see the Christmas Lights?

Hi kenny ( or is marcus??:rotfl2:)
I was talking to dh about this last night and he bought up the issue with customs- taking something that doesnt belong to you thru customs big no no ??? I dont know if this is an issue or if GRUMP himself is having an off day but I can see the looks from customs when they ask if verything belongs to you and we reply everything but the stuffed bear who is just coming out for his travels with us !!!
Dont want to put a dampner on a brill idea but do think maybe he has a point ??
I do hate it when he is right so please someone tell me this is rubbish and noone encounter an issue :headache:
Louise x

I was talking to dh about this last night and he bought up the issue with customs- taking something that doesnt belong to you thru customs big no no ??? I dont know if this is an issue or if GRUMP himself is having an off day but I can see the looks from customs when they ask if verything belongs to you and we reply everything but the stuffed bear who is just coming out for his travels with us !!!
I do hate it when he is right so please someone tell me this is rubbish and noone encounter an issue :headache:
Louise x

Hi Louise

We had already thought about this and I made a point of listening to the questions asked to me when I checked in for my flight home on Wednesday. I was asked if I had packed my own case - which I had - and that was all.
I do remember being asked in the past if I had been given anything to carry on for anyone else, but always assumed this to mean strangers.
My own feelings are that something like we would like to happen with Dizzy wouldn't really fall into that category as we would be sending him to your house about a week before you travel, giving you the chance to check him out and feel comfortable taking him.
We would also be having him sent back 'home' to us inbetween trips so that we can inspect him and make sure everything is as we would like.
To me it wouldn't be any different to taking a bear that you had bought the day before from any shop but I can understand why others may be cautious.

Thanks Michelle. Shamu is sorted. :thumbsup2

Glad Shamu is sorted Kenny :thumbsup2.
I LOVE Dizzy,he looks mighty cool in his clothes+love his MNSSHP costume.I also think it's a great idea for Dizzy to do some travelling :thumbsup2.
Are you home for good now?.x.

Hi there Marcus,
I can't believe it is only 2 weeks on tuesday till we go to WDW and you get to show me (sis) Darren and Jack what we have been waiting to see for the last year or more,
When we said we would be going with you that is where the hard work began because i have put in 40hrs a month overtime in to pay for our Dream holiday and i can honestly say it is going to be worth it ,
Jack is getting so excited now as he has seen the packed suitcases so he knows it is nearly time to go,
Darren is just going with the flow as normal ( think he is abit nervous about flying as it will be his 1st time on a plane ) .
I am looking so forward to spending time with you, Elaine , my niece and nephew and mum, it is going to be magical.
I just want to let you and Elaine know that me and darren Appreciate all the hard work you have both put in to make this a special holiday for us :love:. The planner is just amazing and i am looking forward to seeing the look on Jacks face when he walks through the gates ( think there will be a few tears)
I have taken your advise and re-packed jacks case :rotfl2:
Chat soon and a huge thanks again and thats before we even get there
Sis xx

Welcome to the Dis-may i say how lucky you are to have a caring+funny brother like Kenny/Marcus :confused3 :laughing:.
Can't wait too see your pics when you all return :thumbsup2.All that overtime will pay off and you will have the time of your lives :banana:.x.

Louise x

I do sort of see where your hubby is coming from,but it is just a soft toy+they will be none the wiser that it is'nt your childs.I also would like to think that i personally could trust Kenny and that he has'nt stuffed poor Dizzy with anything illegal :scared1: :laughing:.BUT in saying that, this is a man who goes by 2 different names :scared1: :lmao:,so who knows what he get's up to :laughing:.(only joking Kenny :goodvibes).
I have read people's trippies where they send a toy of some sort to others to take with them on different holiday's :thumbsup2,seems like fun for the children involved :thumbsup2.x.

Glad Shamu is sorted Kenny :thumbsup2.
I LOVE Dizzy,he looks mighty cool in his clothes+love his MNSSHP costume.I also think it's a great idea for Dizzy to do some travelling :thumbsup2.
Are you home for good now?.x.

Welcome to the Dis-may i say how lucky you are to have a caring+funny brother like Kenny/Marcus :confused3 :laughing:.
Can't wait too see your pics when you all return :thumbsup2.All that overtime will pay off and you will have the time of your lives :banana:.x.

I do sort of see where your hubby is coming from,but it is just a soft toy+they will be none the wiser that it is'nt your childs.I also would like to think that i personally could trust Kenny and that he has'nt stuffed poor Dizzy with anything illegal :scared1: :laughing:.BUT in saying that, this is a man who goes by 2 different names :scared1: :lmao:,so who knows what he get's up to :laughing:.(only joking Kenny :goodvibes).
I have read people's trippies where they send a toy of some sort to others to take with them on different holiday's :thumbsup2,seems like fun for the children involved :thumbsup2.x.

Hi and many thanks ,I do feel really lucky to have a brother like marcus/kenny and i wouldn't swap him for the world, i can't wait to get the pictures up of our first WDW holiday it is going to be so much fun especially with what Marcus/Kenny & Elaine have planned for us :banana:
I am just looking forward to seeing the look on my sons face and meeting Dopey :love:
Caroline/ Caz xx

Hi and many thanks ,I do feel really lucky to have a brother like marcus/kenny and i wouldn't swap him for the world, i can't wait to get the pictures up of our first WDW holiday it is going to be so much fun especially with what Marcus/Kenny & Elaine have planned for us :banana:
I am just looking forward to seeing the look on my sons face and meeting Dopey :love:
Caroline/ Caz xx

Caroline/Caz you have to call him Kenny on here :) I know that will be hard for you but you have to try :lmao:

Mrs Pegasus (yes that's Elaine) :rotfl2:

As it is just over a week before we go we thought we had better make a start sorting our Trick or Treat bags out for MNSSHP.
So after a bit of time searching the net for suitable images of our favourite characters we set to and came up with the bags below.

This is what they all look like on the back

Back.jpg

This is mine

Grumpy.jpg

This is DWs

Tigger.jpg

DS's

Stitch.jpg

DDs

Pluto.jpg

Grandmas

Mickey.jpg

Carolines (Sis)

Dopey.jpg

Her DH Daz

Donald.jpg

Their son Jacks

Jack.jpg

We tried to get different fonts for each bag, and tried to get them to have some sort of link with the character. Where we couldn't do that we just used Disney fonts.

We are quite happy with the way they have turned out - but it also means I won't get away with pinching one of the kids bags if they collect more treats than me. :sad1:

I have already posted this on the Trip Planning board - but it seemed right to post it on our PTR too.....

..... IT'S OUR SDD DAY TODAY

and we are dancing around the room like complete mentalists, pointing at the Disney pictures on the wall and shouting 'Going there - Doing that - Seeing him'

Needless to say that the excitement levels are quite high. And we still have 9 days left to wait.

So please feel free to join in as we officially begin the final countdown - as only Dis'ers know how.

:yay: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :yay:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Just catching up with your thread now I am back from wdw. :sad: I am so jealous....I want to go back already. :guilty:

Welcome to Caz....you are going to have an amazing time. :cloud9:

I :love: those trick or treat bags Kenny, they are fab! A little late but i'll boogie with you all. :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I :love: those trick or treat bags Kenny, they are fab! A little late but i'll boogie with you all. :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Thanks for joining our dance. Excitement levels are getting high now.

And we really enjoyed making the trick or treat bags. It was a challenge getting the pictures and fonts but worth it in the end we think - and totally reusable :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining our dance. Excitement levels are getting high now.

And we really enjoyed making the trick or treat bags. It was a challenge getting the pictures and fonts but worth it in the end we think - and totally reusable :thumbsup2

Definately reusable. I love the Stitch picture. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter