• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Family Trip to MK Oct 2015

goalierich

DisDad Member #12
We left Friday, Oct. 16th after school, drove to Macon GA, stayed overnight at Fairfield Inn and Suites. This is the first vacation using the Kia Sedona minivan. There are a lot of first about this trip for us, as we had never used the quick service dining, or used MagicBands, or stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort before.

Saturday, Oct 17th, drove to Walt Disney World, stopped at Downtown Disney (now called Disney Springs) for Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwiches and some shopping. Headed out to Orbit One Vacation Villas in Kissimmee to check in. Stayed in the Mercury building, room 23.

Sunday Oct. 18th my sister, BIL. Nieces Ashley and Janelle stopped by and visited before they went to Epcot. My family and I went to the Orlando Premium Outlet to do some shopping. Later on we head to Zephryhills to visit my brother Steve (who is battling ALS), SIL Stephanie and nephew Julien. Also saw my father Jerry and step-mom Linda. Nice visit but we were all exhausted from being in the van all day long.

Monday, Oct. 19th, we packed up for a few days and headed to WDW Caribbean Beach Resort. We were able to check in at 7:30am and our room was in the Aruba section, second floor, room number 5254. Our room was awesome, and the view from our room overlooked the lake on the property. Shortly thereafter, we headed to the bus stop to board the bus to the Magic Kingdom(MK). This is the first time in 6 years since we had been at this park. The first ride we hit was the Winnie the Pooh Ride. Then Dumbo, then Goofy’s Barnstormer (2x). The MK was packed that day, but we were able to ride everything that we wanted. We had seen the Enchanted Tiki Room, and right after that I introduced my family to the Dole Whips, they all loved it!!! We had gone to see the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor show, and people were able to text in a joke, and possibly be used in the show. I texted in Darolyn’s joke “How do you make a kleenex dance? You put a little boogie in it.” And they used it in the show. Also, right at the beginning of this show, their cameras was scanning the audience, Lily was shown on the big screen. Once she realized it, her eyes got enormously large. We were on the quick service dining plan, and we ate at the Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland for lunch and Pinnochio’s for dinner. Several rides had over an hour wait for them, so we made use of our fastpass selections, which were for Big Thunder MTN Railroad, Splash Mountain, and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. We were able to see the afternoon parade, but the Electrical Parade at night and fireworks show was almost impossible as people must had camped out at least an hour before to get a good seat. Overall we had a great day.

Tuesday, Oct 20th, we got up and had breakfast at Centertown in Old Port Royale. Then we went to the main pool and swam a while, getting on the waterslides and relaxing for a couple of hours. Then we went back to our room to get ready for the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) at MK. I was Phineas, Will was the Hulk, Darolyn was Minnie Mouse, and Lily was Vannelope Von Sweetz.

We were able to get in at 4:00 pm. The party didn’t start until 7pm, and we used our fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean (PotC), and Splash Mountain. We had a little break between PotC and Splash Mountain, so we watched the Big Bear Jamboree, to see Big Al one more time. After that we had dinner at Columbia House, then we went to ride Space Mountain. Once that was done the Party was beginning and we got bags of candy like you would not believe!!! We saw some characters that you do not normally see, such as Lotso, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, and Turk, Tarzan and Jane. By eleven oclock, everyone was tired and wanted to go back to the room. We waited until the Headless Horseman came through and then we left. Another great day at the K.

Wedesday, Oct. 21st, it was time to checkout of the hotel, but we let the kids swim for about an hour then we went back to Orbit One Vacation Villas. We got a quick bite to eat at our room, then we went to play minigolf at Fantasia Gardens. This course was a first for all of us. Each of us had a hole in one (I had two) and then we went to Disney Springs to have dinner at Splitsville. The food was awesome. Did a little shopping at World of Disney and then we decided to call it a day.

Thursday, Oct. 22nd, we did some shopping at Walmart on SR535 (close to Disney) and the Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlet. Once that was done, we went back to our room for lunch and headed back to Zephyrhills to visit my brother and family and my mother one last time before the vacation ended.

Friday, October 23rd, we needed to pack the van up to head home. We had breakfast, then we went to the Orlando Premium outlet one more time just top see if they had anything different at the Disney Character outlet. Turns out they did, and we were able to get a whole bunch of Christmas presents for everyone. Then we went to Disney Springs to have lunch at Earl of Sandwich (awesome) and get Mickey Ice Cream sandwiches for desert one last time. Then the vacation came to a close and we headed north, stopped at a Fairfield Inn in McDonough, GA.

Saturday, Oct. 23. We had breakfast at the hotel, then on the road north. We stopped in Tennessee at the Dinner Bell restaurant for lunch, then made it home around 2:30pm. With a few days to think of the experience, my family stated that their favorite ride was Splash Mountain, followed by the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Overall we had a great time, from start to finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter