Our 3rd Annual Holiday Trip to DL in November - November 22nd - 25th, 2013 Post #3416

Next time my nephew comes by I'll show him your Iron Man pics, he'll be so thrilled.

It's almost time for your next DL trip.:thumbsup2

Love the suits!

11 days? I bet you can't wait.

You're photographs in this set are really great, Bret. :thumbsup2

Seeing all the different suits is very nice. It is good to have the Iron Man Tech in Innoventions since it doesn't get too many people during the day. It is also a great place to relax during the summertime when there is barely anyone inside Innoventions.

Now just 9 days away till the trip. I can't wait to leave in a few days and being prepared for the crowds

Thank you PiO. The photos of the Nikon D5100 are very nice. Now I am having second thoughts of buying the D5200 since I talked to my aunt yesterday during lunch while discussing our plans. I told her about upgrading to a newer model over the older one and she asked me "Do I need to have it or I just want it?" I know that my family talked to me about this before after I upgrade over the Nikon D60 to the Nikon D5100 back in 2011. This was a great upgrade over the D60 to the D5100. But after less than 1 1/2 years since I upgrade is it time to upgrade or should I wait for the next model in a couple of years. I am having mix thoughts about the whole thing. I want to upgrade because of the faster AF point where I can take better pictures of moving objects where the AF point on the D5200 is 3 times faster over the D5100.

I'll decide this weekend since I am off (finally a break without anything going on at my job) to decide if I want to buy the D5200. I am still leaning towards buying it but my family members words might change my mind of buying it and saving it for something in the future.

Next time my nephew comes by I'll show him your Iron Man pics, he'll be so thrilled.

It's almost time for your next DL trip.:thumbsup2

Your nephew will want to go to Innoventions to see the Iron Man suits which is so neat and to see the props from the actual movie.

Just 9 days away till the trip and it is getting exciting.

Seeing all the different suits is very nice. It is good to have the Iron Man Tech in Innoventions since it doesn't get too many people during the day. It is also a great place to relax during the summertime when there is barely anyone inside Innoventions.

Now just 9 days away till the trip. I can't wait to leave in a few days and being prepared for the crowds

Thank you PiO. The photos of the Nikon D5100 are very nice. Now I am having second thoughts of buying the D5200 since I talked to my aunt yesterday during lunch while discussing our plans. I told her about upgrading to a newer model over the older one and she asked me "Do I need to have it or I just want it?" I know that my family talked to me about this before after I upgrade over the Nikon D60 to the Nikon D5100 back in 2011. This was a great upgrade over the D60 to the D5100. But after less than 1 1/2 years since I upgrade is it time to upgrade or should I wait for the next model in a couple of years. I am having mix thoughts about the whole thing. I want to upgrade because of the faster AF point where I can take better pictures of moving objects where the AF point on the D5200 is 3 times faster over the D5100.

I'll decide this weekend since I am off (finally a break without anything going on at my job) to decide if I want to buy the D5200. I am still leaning towards buying it but my family members words might change my mind of buying it and saving it for something in the future.

Bret - If you asked the question on the photoboard, you might find that most of the photographers there tend to put money into faster and better glass than towards the body.

To upgrade because of 1 feature is something that only you can answer as it will depend on how much you think it will help your picture taking.

We are only 3 days away till our trip to DL. I am getting excited that we are almost close to our trip. The crazy part of the trip is leaving early Thursday night around midnight so we can get to Anaheim before the park opens at 8am. Chris wants to get to the park first thing on Friday morning to do as much as possible.

But before we enter the park on Friday, we will be eating at Mimi's Cafe on Harbor Blvd before we enter the park that day. We have ate at Mimi's Cafe before during the January trip where my aunt and I have lunch when we got to Anaheim. For a quick pre plan that we have talked about is that we will enter Disney California Adventure on Friday and we will be eating at Ariel's Grotto for dinner.

For my May trip report update, I won't do an update on Sunday May 5th since it is the time where I go around the park and do my usual stuff. So I won't be doing an update for May 5th. But I will try to finish up May 4th before I leave in a few days.

Day 2 – May 4, 2013 – Part 17

On the last update, I entered Disneyland after being in DCA for the first part of the day. I wasn't in DL or DCA due to the Walt Disney Studios tour in Burbank that day. I just finished going through Innoventions and seeing the Iron Man Tech display which shows the different suits from the movie Iron Man. Now I am at the Disneyland Monorail station in Tomorrowland to go around the resort.

I boarded Monorail Mark VII Blue in the back car and now going around the resort and taking my usual pictures. There wasn't too many people with me in the back so it was nice to ride it without too many people. But I knew that there will be more people riding the monorail when we get to Downtown Disney.

While riding Monorail Mark VII Blue to the DTD station, I got a few pictures of DCA on the way over. It is so fun to take pictures while riding the monorail especially with DCA where a lot has change ever since the DCA expansion that began a few years ago.

Leaving Tomorrowland
8719671014_316f98d747_b.jpg

Passing by Mad T Party in Hollywood Land
8719670520_2c40a0a2e0_b.jpg

Buena Vista Street
8719669270_9ae25ed5a9_b.jpg

Condor Flats right by Soarin Over California
8718549641_ef35d70eed_b.jpg

Now entering DTD and there was a lot of people watching a live performance right across from the Rainforest Cafe
8719668030_88b7105345_b.jpg

We got to the DTD station and more guests started to board the monorail, it was time to head on back to DL and back to TL. Passing by the turnstiles at MS over at DL. It wasn't that busy after 6pm when the guests entering DL
8719666786_af7a417d8b_b.jpg

Over at TL, I like to get the aerial photos while riding the monorail.
8718545545_b8446f916c_b.jpg

8718543339_c475254b4b_b.jpg

We were now back at the TL Monorail station and we had to exit the monorail since they don't let any guests ride it back to the DTD station. While riding the monorail, you can ride it round trip from the TL station while when riding it at the DTD station, you have to disembark at the TL station and you can't go round trip from the DTD station.

When I left the station, I was back in TL and taking some pictures of the Matterhorn and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage lagoon while Monorail Mark VII was now in TL.

I like to look at the Matterhorn from the TL side since you can see the heart shape in the mountain where it used to be the former Skyway tunnel. I do miss the Skyway everytime I see the Matterhorn from this side.
8718541771_c9ea2e4233_b.jpg

Monorail Mark VII passing by over the FNSV lagoon
8718539639_469e13dd02_b.jpg

After looking around TL, I decided it was time to head on over to get my spot for the nighttime show. The nighttime show that I wanted to see that night was Fantasmic!. Since I have watched Magical fireworks on Friday, I wanted to watch F! that night. Mostly when I am at the DLR, I do the fireworks first and watch World of Color the next night. Since my DA and I went to the WDS on Saturday and weren't in the park that morning till later that day, I decided not to get a FP for WoC and watch F! instead. I love F! and love watching the show. But I haven't watched F! a lot over the fireworks or WoC these last few years since I have been focusing on those two shows. It was nice to watch F! that night and it was also windy so I had a hunch that the fireworks won't run that night since the fireworks at DL won't be playing due to high winds.

So I head on over to the Rivers of America but I went through the backside towards Fantasyland and Frontierland. While passing by Fantasyland, it was kind of busy where a lot of the rides had long lines. This was common during this part of the day before it got dark that day.
8719657456_d632cfd051_b.jpg

A look back at Fantasyland until I head towards the backside of Frontierland where Big Thunder Ranch is located
8719655448_c2bea55848_b.jpg

Just when I was about to enter the backside of Frontierland, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was closed for it's about one year refurbishment. It is sad to see BTMRR closed during the trip and hope that it will be fun to ride. Ever since the Matterhorn got the new bobsleds since last year, it hasn't been the same ride experience. We will wait and see what the ride experience will be like for the new BTMRR.
8719654340_19cd564feb_b.jpg

8719653724_20b4961b35_b.jpg

On the otherside of BTMRR was the tunnel for the former Mine Train
8719653236_e9e52af4ed_b.jpg

I was now in Frontierland and passing by the front entrance of BTMRR where the construction was going on.
8719651844_e874c21fb5_b.jpg

Just when I was getting closer to the sitting area right by New Orleans Square, there were few groups with blankets, strollers, etc. waiting for the first show of F! at 9pm. It was almost close to 7pm that night and I had to get my spot for the night.
8718532545_17f4f2ae35_b.jpg

So I went to NOS to use the restroom right close to the NOS station on the backside before I got dinner that night.
8719649936_9de37e7a3c_b.jpg

After using the restroom, I head on over to the Royal Street Veranda and have steak gumbo for dinner. I haven't had the steak gumbo at RSV in a long time since I have been trying a lot of different restaurants at the DLR. It was nice to have a steak gumbo just before the first show of F!. It took awhile to get the gumbo since it was close to dinner time and I had to wait about 10 minutes to get the gumbo.

When I got the steak gumbo, I head on over towards the edge of the RoA at the sitting area for the first show of F!. I got my usual spot at the backside where the rope off area is since I take pictures and videos with my tripod where there is no one behind me except for the people in the F! dessert seating area which are a little higher.

I set up my blanket and have my dinner that night which was the steak gumbo. I also brought my Glow with the Show Ears since it interacts with Fantasmic just like the fireworks and WoC. I was excited to see how the ears would respond during F!. I have seen video clips of the Glow with the Show ears that was used during F! and it was neat. It doesn't light up as much as the fireworks or WoC, but it is still neat that it interacts with the show.
8719648116_ecfda79ab1_b.jpg

While when I got set up, I took a few random pictures of the area at the sitting area and there wasn't too much on the left hand side.
8718529117_e5f0ceac3d_b.jpg

But on the right hand side there were people right at the rope off area with about less than 2 hours until the 9pm show of Fantasmic!.
8718528505_3fec989e75_b.jpg

During the time that passed, I was eating my gumbo and reading on my iPad of what is going on the threads. Later on that day, the Columbia left the dock and is going backwards as it is getting ready for F! that night.
8718528047_f6b50a49a7_b.jpg

Time passed by and more and more people started to fill the whole area. Just about 30 minutes to go until the show, the whole area in the sitting area right by the RoA was all filled up. There was barely any room left. I was glad that I got my spot in advance so I can see the show from the backside.
8718525793_71cb06e0e1_b.jpg

While I was waiting for the show, I was planning on using my DSLR camera with the 18-105mm lens to see how the pictures will turn out. I didn't bring my tripod that night since I was planning on taking pictures of F! without it. I also didn't want to carry my tripod for about 2 hours in the parks until I got my spot for F! that night. It has been a long time since I haven't used my tripod for F!. But I can take fine pictures without it.

During the time until it was time for the 9pm show of F!, I took a few random pictures with different setting to see how the pictures turn out when I use it later that night.
8719627320_bb3573cd7b_b.jpg

A lot of the people are waiting for the show to start at 9pm.
8718523787_15c64630e9_b.jpg

It was getting closer and closer to the start of the 9pm show and I can't wait to see it. I have my Glow with the Show Ears on my head, my DSLR in my hands ready to take pictures. That will be it for this post since I am out of pictures to post. The next update will be later on showing pictures that I have taken during the 9pm show of Fantasmic!.

Great pictures and the gumbo looked yummy! We've never seen F! at DL. Is it worth the wait? What spot do you recommend viewing from?

Have a blast on your upcoming trip. It will be interesting to see how much you are able to do getting there right when the park opens at 8 am. :goodvibes

Great pictures and the gumbo looked yummy! We've never seen F! at DL. Is it worth the wait? What spot do you recommend viewing from?

Have a blast on your upcoming trip. It will be interesting to see how much you are able to do getting there right when the park opens at 8 am. :good vibes

Thank you TK. I can't believe I haven't had a steak gumbo for quite some time. But with trying a lot of different restaurants at the DLR, I can except that to happen. It was nice to have one on a nice night to watch Fantasmic!.

I thought you have seen F! at DL? You have seen F! at Disney Hollywood Studios? The F! at DHS is almost similar to DL but I still consider DL way better over the DHS version. If you have seen my F! pics in the past trip reports and I love the DL version especially the Maleficent dragon where it is amazing.

For 2 hours does seem a long time to wait for the show. You know that I have waited that long for any nighttime shows from the fireworks, WoC and F! but that is me and other people who want prime spots. I would say at 1 hour to wait is good enough if you want in the sitting area. It also depends on which show time you want to see from the 1st show at 9pm or the 10:30pm. I like to watch the first show since I like to sit on the walkway before the first show. I do like going to the 2nd show since if you are coming from the Hub after the fireworks. Another way to see the show is the F! dessert package where you can get a seat for the show and get a dessert box. I haven't done the F! dessert package since 2009 when F! was upgraded.

The best spot to see the show is right at the railing close to the Rivers of America in the seating area in the middle, but I don't like the railing area since you have to look through the railings. I like the rope off area in the back where you can have a wheelchair, ECV, stroller, etc. up in the back where in the front and middle you have to fold it up. As you have seen my pictures during this update that I was right at the rope off area in the back. This is the best spot to see the show in my opinion with no one behind me except for the F! dessert seating area.

We will try to have a great time during the trip. I do have concerns when we get there on Friday when I will be driving that day. I will have to get a lot of rest on Thursday and we will switch during the trip. It will be interesting to see how much we will get done that Friday. The first thing is to get to Anaheim safely.

Thanks for the explaination Bret. Hard to believe but we've never seen F! at DL. We have seen it at DHS a few times but not for many visits as there is a long wait there.

I think we may try the desert package this December. I'll look into it. :thumbsup2

hi Bret

Just got back from DL for 2 weeks - loved it!! The WOC and Fantasmic and the fireworks were absolutely wonderful. I think I love Fantasmic the best, but seeing Tink and Dumbo flying over the castle during the fireworks was just amazing.

The crowds were crazy - it was hard work getting around, Carsland was packed each time, we got a fast pass for RSR at 8.40 and it was for 1.30 that same afternoon but well worth the 40 min line up for the pass as it was 135 min wait in normal line an hour after it opened and got worse during the day.

We did 4 rides in 8 hours at DCA that day, after lining up and eating etc in that time though, it was 95 min for Luigis tires, which was a fun ride but not worth waiting more than 30 mins to be honest. I loved the RSR ride and Maters ride was such fun.

We did an Adventures by Disney 5 day Backstage magic tour so got to see behind the scenes of some of the rides and I can thoroughly recommend it for any Disney fan, but it was very expensive but well worth it - but once in a lifetime for us.

Seeing your pics is bringing back so many wonderful memories - thank you and enjoy your trip but beware of the huge crowds.

Fantastic update, Bret. Looking forward to seeing the F! pics.

3 days? That's so close!

Thanks PiO.

Now it's just one day away and we will be driving at night.

Thanks for the explaination Bret. Hard to believe but we've never seen F! at DL. We have seen it at DHS a few times but not for many visits as there is a long wait there.

I think we may try the desert package this December. I'll look into it. :thumbsup2

Your welcome TK. I was surprised to hear that you have never seen F! at DL. I know that if you have enjoyed F! at DHS, you will definitely enjoy F! at DL.

The F! dessert package is a nice way so you won't have to stake out a spot for the show. If you read HydroGuy Fantasmic! Superthread it will tell you everything about the show and the F! dessert package. The only wait time you will have with the dessert package is to choose your seats for the show where you will have to line up at the Churro stand right across from the HM. I have heard that people wait over 30 minutes until it was time to check-in to get from row seats for the show. It is way better than waiting over 2 hours for a ground spot for the 1st show.

hi Bret

Just got back from DL for 2 weeks - loved it!! The WOC and Fantasmic and the fireworks were absolutely wonderful. I think I love Fantasmic the best, but seeing Tink and Dumbo flying over the castle during the fireworks was just amazing.

The crowds were crazy - it was hard work getting around, Carsland was packed each time, we got a fast pass for RSR at 8.40 and it was for 1.30 that same afternoon but well worth the 40 min line up for the pass as it was 135 min wait in normal line an hour after it opened and got worse during the day.

We did 4 rides in 8 hours at DCA that day, after lining up and eating etc in that time though, it was 95 min for Luigis tires, which was a fun ride but not worth waiting more than 30 mins to be honest. I loved the RSR ride and Maters ride was such fun.

We did an Adventures by Disney 5 day Backstage magic tour so got to see behind the scenes of some of the rides and I can thoroughly recommend it for any Disney fan, but it was very expensive but well worth it - but once in a lifetime for us.

Seeing your pics is bringing back so many wonderful memories - thank you and enjoy your trip but beware of the huge crowds.

Hi Toni,

Glad that you had a great time during your trip to DL a few weeks ago. That is neat that you were able to see all the nighttime shows. F! is special since it is the longest running nighttime show at DL for over 20 years.

I am not surprised with the crowds and I won't be when I go there this weekend. Nice that you were able to get FPs for RSR during your trip. I will be planning on getting FP's early in the morning so we won't have to wait in the long standby queue for over 2 hours during the busy time of the day. I will be shocked if it is not that crowded.

95 minute wait time for Luigis Flying Tires is not worth that wait time. Just like you said around 30 minutes is reasonable for that ride.

It must have been fun to do the Backstage Magic Tour during the trip and going in the back area where you don't get to see.

Glad you are enjoying the pictures. We plan on seeing big crowds during this weekend. it will be shocking if it isn't that crowded.

We are close to one day until we leave on Thursday night to SoCal. Let's get to the next update from the May trip report.

Day 2  May 4, 2013  Part 18

On our last update, I was in DL ready to watch F! which I havent done in quite some time. I just finished going around DL walking around like I usually do and I got my usual spot right at the rope off area to watch the first show of F!. For dinner, I had the steak gumbo at the Royal Street Veranda and I had my blanket all set up to watch the first show of F! at 9pm.

It is now time for the first show of F! at 9pm and I do enjoy watching this show. I havent seen F! for quite some time since I have been concentrating on the fireworks and WoC. Since it was a little windy that day, I knew that the fireworks wont be playing so I decided to watch F! that night. It was a good thing that I chose F! over the fireworks and WoC since I didnt get a FP for WoC.

Mostly when I watch F!, I use my video camera with my tripod. I didnt bring my tripod since I was walking around the parks and didnt want to carry it. So I just used my DSLR camera to take pictures of the show. It has been a long time since I havent videotaped F!. I have over 20 videos of F! that I have recorded over the years. I havent used my DSLR to take pictures of F! since I have been concentrating on the videotaping. Now here are my pictures from F! that night on the first show at 9pm.

I used the 18-105mm lens that I have bought for my Nikon SLR camera. Since we were quite a way, I knew that I wouldnt get very up close pictures of the characters during the show. But I did the best with what I had during the show.

Mickey Mouse at the beginning of the show
8719636888_9aef78c9e8_b.jpg

8718512409_865e3c2591_b.jpg

8718510967_448c716367_b.jpg

8718509625_d1c1731f4e_b.jpg

9141833916_368e2ffc80_b.jpg

9141893320_7899f75b77_b.jpg

9146200681_5c1d0054c4_b.jpg

Pinocchio scene
9146194523_b45b4f99ae_b.jpg

Peter Pan scene
9146192221_b44d85dc3f_b.jpg

9147849840_8077a1f40d_b.jpg

Peter Pan vs Captain Hook
9147844990_225d225e3e_b.jpg

Tick Tock Crododile
9145616905_d06f9dbca9_b.jpg

9147830742_ec84cf9c5f_b.jpg

Belle and the Beast barge
9147820286_33b1d13e13_b.jpg

Ariel and Eric barge
9148404150_5937c6d1ae_b.jpg

Snow White and her prince barge
9147799932_6b9d9888f3_b.jpg

Evil Queen
9145569843_2186854b55_b.jpg

The Evil Queen transforms into the Hag
9147789666_8aeb489afd_b.jpg

Maleficent and Mickey
9148559684_1df86bf3ac_b.jpg

9146331259_c9e627e24e_b.jpg

Maleficent rising up and transforming
9148555642_26ccac0587_b.jpg

9148550570_d66bd16c84_b.jpg

Thats it for this update and I will have more from F! that night.

Thank you Alison. Your pictures from your trip to the WDS made me so excited to go and see it in person. We got back to Anaheim with no problem after stopping at Little Tokyo in Los Angeles.

Thank you. I was a little surprised that most of the times that we got for sit down were available. It will be nice to eat at some restaurants that I haven't eaten for quite some time. I will be coming in two weeks on June 28th to 30th. It is a last second trip where my aunt wanted to get away from Sacramento and what better trip is to come down to SoCal.

I will definitely be down there for the Expo in August with my DA. Are you getting excited for the Expo with the Sorcerers package? It will be nice to see you and Fran during the event. Are we planning on doing another DISer meet before the Expo?

It's too bad that you couldn't escape the heat coming to So Cal, but I hope that you are having a blast out at DLR right now.

I am getting excited for the Expo. I can't arrange a DISmeet the day before the Expo this time because they are going to keep us busy that Thursday with the Sorcerer's package. I know we tour the show floor and get to start our day at 9AM Thursday with shopping and other things. I'll be starting my TR for that trip soon.

Your pictures of F! look great for such low lighting. I haven't seen that show up close in over a year now. I'm hoping with all the folks coming to visit DLR and my DISmeets we can at least see F! once maybe even twice!

It's too bad that you couldn't escape the heat coming to So Cal, but I hope that you are having a blast out at DLR right now.

I am getting excited for the Expo. I can't arrange a DISmeet the day before the Expo this time because they are going to keep us busy that Thursday with the Sorcerer's package. I know we tour the show floor and get to start our day at 9AM Thursday with shopping and other things. I'll be starting my TR for that trip soon.

Your pictures of F! look great for such low lighting. I haven't seen that show up close in over a year now. I'm hoping with all the folks coming to visit DLR and my DISmeets we can at least see F! once maybe even twice!

At least once at DLR and once at WDW. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone :wave2:

I got back last night around midnight and it was a fun time. I have a lot to tell about during the trip. But here is a small glimpse of what happened during the trip this past weekend.

The big part of the trip that it wasn't that hot as I have thought where back home in Sacramento was around the 110 during the weekends. :scared1: I thought that it was going to be hot all weekend but it turned out to be alright where it was in the low 90s. Everyone that went with me (aunt, Chris and DM) wanted to stay a little longer in SoCal but we had to come home since we have lives to resume. :sad1: There were times where it was cloudy during the trip and it was a little humidity but it was manageable than having been over 100 in Sacramento.

We stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn which is one of my usual hotels that I stay during my DLR trips.

This trip is all about for my aunt, Chris and DM since Chris and DM haven't been back to the DLR since 2009. My aunt is coming back since the January trip earlier this year. They all had a blast and it was a great success. I was so glad that they all had a great time even though it was during a crowded weekend and the heat wave. Like I have said earlier that it wasn't that hot during the trip and I would rather stay in SoCal than be here in Sacramento due to the hot weather.

The main things that we did during the trip is that Chris had a ambitious plan of what to ride and see during the trip. On the list that she had mentioned to us is that we did mostly everything on the list including going on the same ride over during the trip. The only ride or show that we didn't get on that was on her list was TSMM. We got to ride RSR yesterday (without FP for only a 30 minute wait time around 9am), rode Splash Mountain 3 times (we got wet all three times), GRR (got soaked), Autopia 2 times, Matterhorn, Space Mountain, etc. as I could go on and on with the list that I have wrote a few weeks ago. We got to see all the shows that we wanted to see including the new show at the Fantasyland Theater "Mickey and the Magical Map". We were able to see WoC, Magical, and F! that night and everyone was so excited to see those three shows. I could go on and on but this is only a glimpse of what happened during the trip.

We ate at a lot of different sit down restaurants during the trip including a few more sit down restaurants that weren't in our plans. We were able to eat at Ariel's Grotto for the WoC dining package which was available again during the summertime. We ate at Blue Bayou and it was a blast on Saturday night. My aunt and Chris couldn't eat specific ingredients on the plates and the Sous chef Feliz had helped my aunt and Chris with what to put on their plates. Our waiter Brian was so helpful that it was a great dining experience. Yesterday, we ate at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ to close our meal during the trip and it was great.

There is a lot to cover and I could go on and on during this post but I still have to upload the pictures from this past weekend. There were some rides that I haven't done for quite some time like GRR where I haven't ridden it since DCA opened in 2002.

The heat in SoCal was manageable than the weather in NorCal where it was in the 110 on Saturday and Sunday. When we got home around midnight it was in the high 70s. I thought we were all going to die when we were coming home last night going upwards on Highway 5. We ate at Pea Soup Andersen's Restaurant in Gustine. We all didn't want to leave and wanted to stay longer but we have to come back home since DM and I have work and Chris has summer school on Monday.

Glad that you are getting excited for the Expo just like me. At least there is more info coming from the Expo on the website since I want to plan as much as possible of what screenings to see like Undiscovered Disneyland, Richard M. Sherman and Alan Menken: The Disney Songbook, Walt Disney Imagineering’s 60th Anniversary, etc. It will be really interesting to see how the StagePass tickets that was announced a few days ago for the people to get a guarantee seat for a screening. At least there is another way to get a session so you won't have to be in a line for quite some time. It is only for Stage 23 & 28 which is nice where they don't have too many seats.

I understand the situation that you and Fran will be busy on Thursday with the Sorcerer's package. I really want to get the Sorcerer's package when it was available but I just couldn't spend that much money. So I will have to do my shopping early on each of those days when the Expo is open and get to the designated stages and arena screening during the Expo. I will be looking forward to reading your trip report during the D23 Expo.

Thank you Alison. The F! pictures in the low lighting with my camera is getting better and better over time. The show hasn't change these last few years but it is still a great show to watch. I'll say that the folks like PiO will want to see F! and maybe you should do the F! dessert package so you can get a good spot to watch the show and have a nice box of dessert to go with it.

I will be doing upgrades until I have uploaded my picture during this past weekend trip. Thank you everyone for following along my trip reports.

Hi Bret,
I'm so glad you and your aunt and DM had a great trip! I'll look forward to hearing all about it. It was only 70 degrees here in Michigan this past weekend. Was 90 unusually hot for Disneyland in June?

SO the only ride you didn't make was our favorite TSMM? :goodvibes We've never ridden Splash or the River Rapids ride. DH doesn't like to get wet.

On a different note...do you have a premiere AP?

TK

Hi Bret,
I'm so glad you and your aunt and DM had a great trip! I'll look forward to hearing all about it. It was only 70 degrees here in Michigan this past weekend. Was 90 unusually hot for Disneyland in June?

SO the only ride you didn't make was our favorite TSMM? :goodvibes We've never ridden Splash or the River Rapids ride. DH doesn't like to get wet.

On a different note...do you have a premiere AP?

TK

Thank you TK. My aunt, DM and cousin Chris had a great time and they didn't want to leave. i was the same thing where it was very nice in SoCal. The weather in Sactown is just crazy these last few days where it is over 100. It is about high 70s right now around 11pm which is crazy. I wish I was in Michigan and enjoy that weather. 90s in Disneyland which is not bad in late June. I have been to Disneyland where it was over 100 in August.

Chris told me that TSMM wasn't a priority but she will want to go on it when we all go back to Disneyland. Just like your DH, I mostly don't go GRR since you can get soaked. I like riding Splash since I like to go through the scenes of the ride. There are times where you can get wet and Chris & I did get wet during our three times on the ride.

I did got the premier AP the last few years but this year, I just got the Premium AP. I don't expect to go to WDW later this year or next. I said that last year where I got the premium but my family wanted to do a last second trip to WDW in October/November. So it might happen again but I don't think it will happen. The Premier is now almost towards $1000 since the price increase last month.

Welcome back Bret. Looking forward to more awesome pics on your TR. :thumbsup2

Thank you PiO. The pictures from this past weekend trip will have to wait until the updates from the May trip.

The next post will be up shortly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter