"Other Rumored Lands" @ DHS

Possibly a Marvel Superheroes land too (Avengersland?)

Universal's rights to marvel characters in theme parks is coming to an end eventually.

No. The contract does not have an expiration date and the buyout would be quite large.

I'm very surprised that the rights were sold for perpetuity. The lawyer that did that needs to be sacked.

It was during a time when Marvel was going bankrupt and its owners were essentially stripmining its assets and selling them pennies on the dollar.
Thanks exactly what I was thinking. I was finishing elementary school when this was happening so I wasn't exactly in the know then.

Not without a huge buyout and I don't see Disney doing that given the cash cow they have with Star Wars for the next 6+ years.
You are absolutely correct. The contract is air tight and Disney would have to pay big time to break that contact with Universal's two gate theme park, shopping entertainment area, hotels and golf course. The contract clearly describes the rights and what they will be in. Full proof and air tight.

Frankly, I still have in the back of my mind the possibility of Disney, buying Uni outright! Comcast is having it problems in cable, etc. and they are spending money left and right trying to increase attendance and not having great success.......it is not at all impossible Disney could make a deal.

AKK

Frankly, I still have in the back of my mind the possibility of Disney, buying Uni outright! Comcast is having it problems in cable, etc. and they are spending money left and right trying to increase attendance and not having great success.......it is not at all impossible Disney could make a deal.

AKK

Disney has its own tv related problems and I'm not sure that Disney's market capitalization is high enough to do that unless Comcast gets really really desperate.

That's assuming they even wanted to, which I'm also not really buying.

Disney has its own tv related problems and I'm not sure that Disney's market capitalization is high enough to do that unless Comcast gets really really desperate.

That's assuming they even wanted to, which I'm also not really buying.

Well time will tell.......Comcast problems have been mounting. As most of the value is in the cable service, and that is slowly dying and will be replaced by new Techno in a few years, they are looking at a big nut to crack. They have cut the budgets on many of their present and proposed UNI projects. I am not saying they are in talks with Disney, but time will tell.

AKK

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter