Other places to visit with kids,ages 6 and 9?

mhingher

DIS Veteran
We'll be in Anaheim for a week at the end of August, and I'll be participating in the Disneyland 5k. We're planning on getting 3 day hoppers for the beginning of our trip (furthest away from Marathon weekend/Labor Day Weekend). Any suggestions on where to visit in between? Are they too young for Universal? Too old for LEGOLAND? Knottsberry Farm? If we spend a night in San Diego, what about Sea World?

My husband and I would like to visit "touristy" places but I think the kids will be bored. They like beaches, but I heard the water will be very cold, not sure if it's worth spending a day just to sit on the sand (We live on the Jersey shore so we spend plenty of time at the beach in the summer!)

Your kids are a perfect age for Legoland. Also for Sea World. Knott's would depend on the height of the younger one -- lots of taller height requirement -- and both kids' daring. Universal would fall in a similar category with Knotts, IMO.

Kids that young probably won't care about Hollywood. But all kids seem to love the beach, whether it's warm water or not. There are harbor tours, tide pools, piers to fish on, etc. if you want flesh out a day and do more than sit around. Also the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is fun at that age.

PHXscuba

I have 9, 7, 5 and 3 year olds. Knotts could be fun, legoland would be perfect for those ages. Universal is for older kids and will be insane this summer. the water won't be that cold, in august it should be in the 70s maybe even higher depending on which beach you hit and how el nino goes. It's not tropical but it's a nice reprieve from the hot summer temps.
They might also enjoy an Angels game, San Diego mission area, beaches and tide pools, some of the parks,there are aquariums in long beach and San Diego, the San Diego animal park and the San Diego zoo... Or Depending on how much time you have maybe see Joshua tree natl park or sequoia natl park. They'll love it, but plan on August being very hot and dry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter