OT - Hershey Meet Official Signup

Me!! Me!! I will be there!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc I can't wait to meet everyone!! :)

This is going to be a fun meet! :)

Michelle and I have changed our minds,, We are just not in the mood to meet the rest of you..:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

bs.gif
saywha.gif
crazy.gif
Liar, liar pants on fire! That's a BIG lie and you know it! ;) You're counting down the days just like the rest of us! ::yes::

Oh my!! I nearly had heart failure when I read Laurie's post...until I saw all those smilies!!:p

I think I get more excited each day!! My kids are definitely excited since I told them about Hershey and showed them some pictures of the park!! Yikes, bad idea, now everday its, "Mom, when do we go?":eek:

:teeth:

you guys are REALLY bad. You scared the heck out of me:eek:

You 2 jokesters:crazy: :crazy:

You all don't believe me:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm shocked as you can see... Okay you got me,, We are going to be there,, we are all set,, got the hotels and ready to go.. See you all June 12th :p :p :p

Originally posted by Beanie
Where are you guys staying, Laurie?? :)

We haven't made hotel ressies yet,, I was trying to fool you again :p :p When are you going ??;) You missed That I said JUNE 12th in my last post,, Thanks beanie you took all the fun out of it..::yes:: ::yes:: :teeth: Laurie

LOL Laurie...I was so excited that I didn't even see you said June instead of July!! ROFL!!

You know if I were still a Mod, I could have edited your post and then the joke would have been on you!! :p:p;)

Originally posted by Beanie
Fine time for me to leave, huh Karen?? :p

Sure was Beanie. Now you're just an unediting dweeb like the rest of us. How does it feel to have your powers taken away?????:crazy:

Well, they were not 'taken away' so to speak...I asked for them to be removed, but hey, I can still edit my own posts, so there!!::yes:: :p

Guess I am not such a dweeb afterall!! Lalalalalala...
howling.gif

Y'know, I haven't been on this board in a while now so I pop back in today & what do I see first? A HERSHEY PARK MEET!! We'd have been there in a heartbeat, but we're moving to Florida in May!

You will really love Hershey Park! I'm trying to talk DH into stopping in May during our move to FL - hey, the truck won't get there for a few days so we might as well spend our time somewhere fun, right?

For those of you coming in from out of town, you might also want to look into Knobels Grove Park in Elysburg, PA, or Dorney Park in Allentown. Knobels is a smaller family park, but has a couple of great wood coasters, an awesome carousel, a great old fashioned funhouse, & a lot of other family rides & activities. They also have camping on site there, but you'd best reserve early. Dorney is a little farther away, but they have a couple of great coasters & a really good water park right inside the park. There's also a Sesame Place park if you have little ones. We don't, so I don't have much info on that one.

Hope you all have a great meet! I'll be looking for the pictures!

Hi All!
Not going on the trip...Would love to meet you all, but someone a little further back on the thread asked about Dutch Wonderland. My opinion...overpriced for what they offer. It is a nice park, though, for little ones. Having said that, Knoebel's Grove is a much nicer, cleaner park for families. What is great at Knoebel's is that you pay as you go or you can get a wristband (if you go during the week) and ride unlimited rides. This is a great park for those that don't ride a lot of rides. It is free parking, you can bring your lunch and eat in the picnic grove areas. Admission is free! Plus if you have pets, you can walk them around the park. They have nice camping on site, even cabins.
HTH anyone looking for another place to go on their trip to PA.

Stacey

We're considering a trip to Hersheypark this summer as we've only been once and that was several years ago. We thought it was a great park, so clean! We can get discounted tickets through the kids' school, so that works out well, but...
I can't believe the cost of hotels in the area! The last time we went we stayed at I think a motel 6 which was a bit dumpy and still cost somewhere around $60/night. I don't want to stay anywhere dumpy ever again, lol, but I'm having trouble finding anything for under $100/night. Is that right? Or am I doing something wrong? I've even tried Harrisburg instead of Hershey and still only come up with $90+ for two and three star hotels. I've checked several online sites. Priceline is out because we MUST have a pool according to the DSs. Any suggestions? I don't mind paying $100 btw, but it's just the quality of the places that's getting me. I keep thinking that these $100 hotels would only cost $60 anywhere else.

Edited to add: when we were there last time I remember seeing many places closer to dutch wonderland area that looked decent and had prices on their signs around $50/night. any info on those? I imagine they aren't on the internet since I haven't found them. What would be the chances of just walking in and getting a room? I really hate not reserving everying in advance, I'm a planner! lol

jcemom...sorry you are having problems finding a room. I used Hotwire when I booked our room and it was $48 for the Crown Plaza Hotel in Harrisburg. Have you tried Hotwire?

When are you planning on going? The same time as the meet?
Right now, for July 11th, I am seeing a 3 1/2 star hotel with pool for $61.00

Sorry I can't help you anymore, I jumped at the $48 one I got because I wanted to book the room early. :)

I didn't try hotwire actually. I would like to go for the meet if DH can get time off then. We'd be staying two or three nights. How far are harrisburg area hotels from the park roughly? I'm sure that would be closer than the lancaster area that I was thinking of, if I remember right, that would be 30-40 minutes away.

I suppose I can't reserve until I'm sure of our exact dates anyway, so I'll just keep looking around. The cost won't keep us from going, I guess I was just surprised. Some of those $100+ hotels don't even look very nice! :rolleyes: And everyone thinks disney is expensive, lol.

Thanks!

Well, personally I think anywhere we go with the kids is expensive!!:rotfl:

From what I can gather at the hotel we are staying at in Harrisburg, the park is only like 10 minutes or less from there. I am really looking forward to it and can't wait to go!! I hope that you end up going the same time, I would love to meet you!! :)

Good luck in your search! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter