Oscar Nominations -- How Many of the Movies Have you Seen?

Well I've heard of 6 of them, does that count??? :hyper:
I'll let it stand. :goodvibes

I've seen one (Elvis)
DH has seen two (Elvis & Maverick)
DS is our resident cinephile and has probably seen many; I haven't asked him.

Regardless, we won't be watching the Oscars - totally couldn't care less.

Regardless, we won't be watching the Oscars - totally couldn't care less.
The reason I used to watch the Oscars was seeing what the actors seemed like/looked like off-camera/out of wardrobe. Now these people are every where, every day. Yawn. If anything truly interesting/entertaining happens on the 3+ hours of the broadcast will be on YouTube the next day.

I only looked at Best Picture. I saw three...Elvis, Avatar and Top Gun. I'm far from being a regular movie goer. Seeing those three over the past 12 months is probably more movies than the past 12 years for me. But the topics and videography of the three were interesting to me so I saw them. I have not heard of the others.

Banshees of Inisherin - Loved it and hope it wins lots of awards

Top Gun - I really liked how they included Val Kilmer, but it wasn’t the best picture of the year.
Avatar - it was beautiful to look at, but the story was so derivative and I hated when they killed the whales
Marcel The Shell with Shoes on - so cute
Turning Red - Will probably lose to Pinocchio, but really enjoyed this

Was disappointed the Taylor Swift song Carolina wasn’t recognized. The movie Where the Crawdads Sing wasn’t great, but the song was really beautiful and evocative.

Maverick..didn't like it
Banshees....liked it very much
Everything Everywhere..tried to watch it but was not in the right frame of mind and will try it again.
Turnung Red was cute

Want to see Avatar but not sure of any of the others

We watched "Everything Everywhere..." because DD20 loved it. Halfway through, I wasn't sure. By then end I thought it was amazing. I actually want to watch it again because now that I know where it was going I think I'd like it even more.

I have always loved Michelle Yeoh, ever since "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." She's just great. And of course Jamie Lee Curtis - I've grown up with her. From "Halloween" to "Trading Places" to "A Fish Called Wanda"...she's always fun to watch.

This movie was different - funny, touching, thoughtful...everything a "Best Picture" should be.
Yeah there were times when Everything felt a little disjointed, but it all comes together. I loved the nods to Wong Kar Wai films and Ratatouille. So irreverent.

Loved the actors as well. Don't forget Ke Huy Quan and James Hong. We all grew up watching both of these guys, especially Hong, who's been in tons of movies and TV shows (Seinfeld included). Curtis' character was a fun change of pace for her.

I have seen all of them (the picture of the year nominees). My favorite short was Marcel the Shell with SHoes on. Beautiful piece wth amazing message.

Banshees of Inisherin - Loved it and hope it wins lots of awards

Top Gun - I really liked how they included Val Kilmer, but it wasn’t the best picture of the year.
Avatar - it was beautiful to look at, but the story was so derivative and I hated when they killed the whales
Marcel The Shell with Shoes on - so cute
Turning Red - Will probably lose to Pinocchio, but really enjoyed this

Was disappointed the Taylor Swift song Carolina wasn’t recognized. The movie Where the Crawdads Sing wasn’t great, but the song was really beautiful and evocative.
Loved Marcel!

I have seen all of them (the picture of the year nominees). My favorite short was Marcel the Shell with SHoes on. Beautiful piece wth amazing message.
Marcel was made into a full-length movie! Watch it if you get the chance!

Yeah there were times when Everything felt a little disjointed, but it all comes together. I loved the nods to Wong Kar Wai films and Ratatouille. So irreverent.

Loved the actors as well. Don't forget Ke Huy Quan and James Hong. We all grew up watching both of these guys, especially Hong, who's been in tons of movies and TV shows (Seinfeld included). Curtis' character was a fun change of pace for her.
My DH and I were laughing remembering the Seinfeld episode! It was nice to see him again in something.

I've seen:
Top Gun: Maverick
Everything Everywhere All at Once
Triangle of Sadness

I've also seen a few minutes of Elvis and Banshees, neither of which I want to see any more of. Ever.

Since the Best Picture Oscar winner is invariably something I despised or have zero interest in, I'm guessing Tar is gonna win.

It's funny how there's generally two perspectives/opinions being shared in this thread:

1) "Oh I've you seen that one! Oh I hope it wins! That was a good movie!" etc.

and

2) "Ugh, I haven't seen any because I don't watch movies, and the Oscars are so pretentious..." etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter