Original Pizza Hut

My mom used to love Pizza Hut ever since she was a teenager and sometimes instead of having lunch at school Mom and a couple of her friends would go eat lunch at Pizza Hut because my mom liked the lunch buffet there. But "I think" Mom and her friends liked to see which waiter would serve them pizza because from what my mother told me Mom liked the Pizza Hut waiters because they were cute but the Pizza Hut was near their high school. Even as an adult my mother still ate Pizza Hut with Dad and me and we liked Pizza Hut more than Little Caesars Pizza but sadly today I no longer have a Pizza Hut in my town. I don't know why stand-alone Pizza Huts are no longer seen in cities but Pizza Huts are now partnered with Taco Bell and with Target too and why I think there's only a few stand-alone Pizza Huts left is because this is a new format they are trying out and teaming up with Taco Bell and Target helps them survive. But every time my family would stay at my aunt's house when we would visit Texas my aunt always bought us Pizza Hut pizza because she and my cousin loved it

We still have some of the original looking Pizza Huts by me, but they are never very busy with dine-in customers - very little cars in the parking lots. We stopped ordering Pizza Hut years ago - to greasy - gave us all stomachaches.

I don’t know when I first saw a Pizza Hut. I am pretty sure I never went to one till I was in my 20’s, maybe even 30’s. We always had many mom and pop pizzerias in my area. I don’t even know how close the nearest Pizza Hut was when I was young. But I do picture them as that red roof variety and still see those around. Some are closed though, or the roof repainted another color and someone else is occupying the building.

We still have some that look like that and some in strip malls. On occasion, I still go to one of the old fashioned looking ones for lunch.

The “Red Roof” Pizza Hut near me closed about 5 years ago and was converted into one of those walk-in Urgent care facilities popping up all over the place.

We rarely went there; too many independent pizza shops that are better.

That's what Pizza Hut still looks like. They are all closing down though because since they changed how they make the pizzas, they are horrible and no one goes there any more. We only have 1 left.

I loved going to Pizza Hut! My grandpa used to take me as a treat, ours had video games and a jukebox, and the salad bar that I never saw anyone actually eat from, and those cups! And they brought out that sizzling hot personal pan pizza in the cast iron skillet straight from the oven and set it on the table in front of hungry little kids like they weren't aftraid of being sued for the resulting 2nd degree burns. It was the best!

That's what Pizza Hut still looks like. They are all closing down though because since they changed how they make the pizzas, they are horrible and no one goes there any more. We only have 1 left.

Yeah, they used to be the best of the "fast food" pizza chains, but they're just not the same anymore. I'd go to Domino's first, and they used to be horrible, but they improved their recipes. I'd still ratehr go to a local joint, but in a pinch sometimes those places will do.

Yeah, they used to be the best of the "fast food" pizza chains, but they're just not the same anymore.

I agree. This seems to happen a lot when some conglomerate buys them up, doesn't know much about how to run a food franchise and they go downhill from there. KFC is another example of that who has totally lost control of the quality of their different locations. Some are good while others are terrible. The corporate owners seem more interested in the color of the building, number/location of the chairs/tables/etc. and forgot the reason people go there is for the food.

I think with pizza, they might also have less customer traffic then in the past as more people are looking for healthier foods and pizza isn't really one of those. Less traffic means they are not as likely to be able to sustain a standalone location.

I agree. This seems to happen a lot when some conglomerate buys them up, doesn't know much about how to run a food franchise and they go downhill from there. KFC is another example of that who has totally lost control of the quality of their different locations. Some are good while others are terrible. The corporate owners seem more interested in the color of the building, number/location of the chairs/tables/etc. and forgot the reason people go there is for the food.

I think with pizza, they might also have less customer traffic then in the past as more people are looking for healthier foods and pizza isn't really one of those. Less traffic means they are not as likely to be able to sustain a standalone location.

Yeah, it happens. Wendy's is one that used to be good, but it seems when Dave passed it just went downhill big time! It's too bad. They should stick with what works and not overreact to mild downturns.

I don’t know when I first saw a Pizza Hut. I am pretty sure I never went to one till I was in my 20’s, maybe even 30’s. We always had many mom and pop pizzerias in my area. I don’t even know how close the nearest Pizza Hut was when I was young. But I do picture them as that red roof variety and still see those around. Some are closed though, or the roof repainted another color and someone else is occupying the building.
Living in Northeast NJ, I remember my first Pizza Hut, I was in high school and down the shore in wildwood. I loved it, served in the pan. It was so different than our NY style pizza. Now it’s gross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter