Organizing 101/Jan- Family Room

:banana:

Me too!!! I'll send paper and stamps! Thanks so much for doing this! WAY COOL!!!

Tomorrow:
DD to basketball 10am Done
Bank x 2 done
drop off bills (no need to waste the stamps) done
dishes done
laundry to basement will do on Sat. done
SCRAP/SWAP
Clean desk in kitchen 1/2 done

If you want to send stamps you can. I figure I will do something that I can send in a regular first class envelope. I'll take care of postage this month though- if you want to send some for future months you can send it (If I am doing a swap that you are hostessing wait and send it with the swap- I will probably send your first months title with my swap unless I send the swap out before Feb 1.) and I will keep a file with each persons envelope. As far as paper is concerned. I can usually cut 6-8 title from 1 12x12 piece of paper or 5-6 from an 81/2 x11. I haven't yet figured how to cut from scraps on this machine. If people want to send the cardstock to cut out the titles for a month they could do that- otherwise I will use what I have around- I have drawers filled with it and might as well use it.

I figured I would cut the word out and send it on with cardboard in the envelope.

Rebecca

OK you guys are blowing me away!!!!:lmao: I think I need to be a stay at home person!!!! :lmao: I can't possibly get all that stuff done! YIKES!!! What am I gonna do???? I didn't even get my tree done last night :rotfl: I did however go for a 2 mile walk with my boyfriend!!! Then we came home and got cuddly!!!! :love: That's why the tree didn't get done :lmao: Told you I was EVIL!!!! :rolleyes1

I am sooooo not going to win this challenge, I think I will just drop out now!!!! :rotfl2: My house will just be a trash pit forever!!!! What can I do? :confused3

Rebecca,
I'll send next months cardstock.. Just let me know what kind when you decide!! I'll send my stamps w/ the swap!! :)

OK you guys are blowing me away!!!!:lmao: I think I need to be a stay at home person!!!! :lmao: I can't possibly get all that stuff done! YIKES!!! What am I gonna do???? I didn't even get my tree done last night :rotfl: I did however go for a 2 mile walk with my boyfriend!!! Then we came home and got cuddly!!!! :love: That's why the tree didn't get done :lmao: Told you I was EVIL!!!! :rolleyes1

I am sooooo not going to win this challenge, I think I will just drop out now!!!! :rotfl2: My house will just be a trash pit forever!!!! What can I do? :confused3

Getting done first doesn't win the challenge. Doing it is all you need to try and do. Each of us that completes the list by the end of the month gets the prize not just the first people done. I will be working slower and slower as my classes start up and DH arrives home. It is amazing what I can do when he is gone.

Rebecca

I am sooooo not going to win this challenge, I think I will just drop out now!!!! My house will just be a trash pit forever!!!! What can I do?

Do you remember the movie "War Games" from the 80's? The lesson there was, "the only way to win, is not to play." The lesson here is, "the only way to LOSE is not to play."

Don't let these overachievers :cheer2: :badpc: :wave2: get to you. January is 31 days long, and we're only on Day 5. Everything you do manage to get done that wouldn't otherwise, is a victory.

Do you remember the movie "War Games" from the 80's? The lesson there was, "the only way to win, is not to play." The lesson here is, "the only way to LOSE is not to play."

Don't let these overachievers :cheer2: :badpc: :wave2: get to you. January is 31 days long, and we're only on Day 5. Everything you do manage to get done that wouldn't otherwise, is a victory.

I agree Hope (and I remember that movie, it was cool!). Some things on the list don't apply to my house, so I'm good on those...:rotfl: I figure next week, after all the Christmas stuff is really out of there, I can get things in shape for real...

I sure hope I haven't gotten to anyone.. that wasn't my intention.. I just have to get things done now because I have 5 kids in basketball and games start again this Sunday..and at least 3 days a week including Saturday & Sunday.. so I won't have time except now..

Maria, You can do it.. :) I just had the time this week to finish things up!

For me, getting clean is easy. It is keeping it clean all month that will be my challenge. I'm really consistant for about a week and then something will happen, usually I get a cold or flu, and than things go to, well that place in a handbasket and I have a very hard time getting back to straight and sparkly.
So keeping a daily listing and accounting is very good for me.

Ok, ok I am back on the band wagon!!!! I am picking up Thomas tonight and the boyfriend is going to work at 6 and we are going to the grocery store to buy "stuff" for the weekend! Cause I am outa food!!!! :rotfl2: Nothing to feed the boy!!!! I'm starting off being a baaaad mommy!!!! :lmao: I'm 42, I should know better!!!! :lmao: Then I will treat the child to dinner!!!! Yeah, that's the ticket!!!! Feed him!!!! :thumbsup2 Then we will go home and put said grocery's away and then I will play with the little man for a while with his new christmas toys!!!! perhaps read a book to him or watch a movie or both! He likes to do both! Then put him to bed and then I am going to start on the SWAPPING DETAILS!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!

See I cleaned my Crop room last weekend!!!!! It is ready to be cropped in!!!! I am ready to go, go, go!!!!!

OK, you guys, sent some pixie dust my way to actually make a major dent in my house cleaning! Or at the very least the brooms from Fantasia! :laundy:

My house looks so bad that if anyone would break in to burgularize it, they would think someone already beat them to it! :lmao:

The more I clean, the worse I make it! LOL!

I am going to try very hard to tidy things up and work on swaps too. Tidy first than swaps...

I did pretty good today on my goals.

Goals for Friday:
1. Take car in for an oil change by 8:30 at the latest. (This will force me to get up and out early and start my day.)I left the house at 9. Not bad.
2. If it's not raining, walk for at least 30 minutes while I wait for the car to be done. Nope - I was too tired. :(
3. Target for upholstery cleaner, trunks, and something I'm forgetting.Yes, but I went to 4 different stores looking for trunks - no luck. Only plastic storage.
4. AC Moore for swap supplies. Done.
5. If AC Moore doesn't have what I want, go to not-so-local scrapbooking store for backup.Done.
6. Recycle all printer/fax cartridges. Nope - forgot them at home.
7. Place online photo order. Done.
8. Take GPS unit that I bought DH for Christmas out of the box and get it ready for him to use. Done - it's so much fun! I used it to get to LSS. I love it!
9. Clean living room set and then take picture of my finished room. Done!
10. Start on at least one swap.Yes - I finished one element for one swap.

No goals for the weekend - I'm working Sat-Sun-Mon. Maybe do some scrapping/swapping at night if I'm not too tired. Think about my Tuesday list.

Friday's goals:

1. Follow my WW eating plan--done
2. Get cheer stuff to work--done
3. Again, with the less negativity!--did ok, but not great
4. Deliver birthday cards I need to deliver--done

I did ok today, but I have a lot for this weekend!

Tomorrow's goals:

1. Exercise--I must do this! I signed up for 1000 January minutes, and I must get going!
2. Clean the living room--I may not get the whole list done, but I have to get started on this room.
3. Go to the grocery store--always fun on a Saturday morning
4. Go to Hobby Lobby for swap supplies while they're still on sale
5. Go to my mom & dad's for dinner (sure not to be a WW friendly meal--that's why I MUST exercise tomorrow!)
6. Plan for swaps--maybe even cut some stuff
7. Scrap at least 4 pages

Posting our goals here does help me accomplish more! I hope everyone's Saturday is successful!!

I did ok today, but I have a lot for this weekend!

Tomorrow's goals:

1. Exercise--I must do this! I signed up for 1000 January minutes, and I must get going!
2. Clean the living room--I may not get the whole list done, but I have to get started on this room.
3. Go to the grocery store--always fun on a Saturday morning
4. Go to Hobby Lobby for swap supplies while they're still on sale
5. Go to my mom & dad's for dinner (sure not to be a WW friendly meal--that's why I MUST exercise tomorrow!)
6. Plan for swaps--maybe even cut some stuff
7. Scrap at least 4 pages

Posting our goals here does help me accomplish more! I hope everyone's Saturday is successful!!

Don't forget if you are doing the flex points you get 35 extra points a week so you can blow some of them on mom's dinner!

Goals for tomorrow:

Put away the laundry..everything is done & folded but what is on our backs now!
Scrap at least 10 pages
Work on swap sketches
DS10 basketball scrimmage game
SS15 basketball tournament (can't be two places at once so this is DH's responsiblity)
Clean kitchen desk
File bills away

I also had DS6 shred the drawer full of papers/bill statement and junk mail tonight! He spent 45 minutes working on it..and was so proud of himself!!!

Goals for tomorrow:

Put away the laundry..everything is done & folded but what is on our backs now!
Scrap at least 10 pages
Work on swap sketches
DS10 basketball scrimmage game
SS15 basketball tournament (can't be two places at once so this is DH's responsiblity)
Clean kitchen desk
File bills away

I also had DS6 shred the drawer full of papers/bill statement and junk mail tonight! He spent 45 minutes working on it..and was so proud of himself!!!

we have so much shred stuff we opted to burn it. That's DH's job for tomorrow now that the grass is wet again. I won't let him do it unless the ground is wet.

I forgot about flex points!! It may take all 35 and then some. My SIL (my brother just got married in September) is out of town, and so my mom is fixing biscuits, sausage, and gravy for us, plus hash browns and fried eggs--my brother's favorite meal. I can skip the eggs & gravy, but I know I'll eat the other stuff!

Oh well, just another reason to accomplish that "exercise" goal!! :thumbsup2

Goals for today
have to get up early for allergy shots before school
drive to and from school
finish Valentine's Swap
put dishes away from washer that is running right now
Finished them all

Goals for tomorrow
finish up laundry
vacuum the steps (ick)
put tub toys away
scrub bathroom floor
sketch out pet swap if okay with it, start on it
I can't believe I'm gonna say this, clean my oven. What have you girls done to me?

Good luck with everyone elses goals for the weekend. Best of luck for you girls doing the healthy eating thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter