Opinion on Saving MK til last?

We were there last year the week before Pres. Day too and it was the week of Daytona 500, I think they called it "speed week" or something and it was Mardi Gras. We were there the 6th -12th (Wed.-Tues) and crowds definately began building over the weekend days and through when we left Tuesday afternoon. But with fast pass and careful planning of which days at which parks it was very manageable and at times no lines in some parks.

AAArgh! You're right about the Daytona 500 - it's the week before President's Day. Oh well... back to the planning! :D I just wish the Feb. hours and parade times were out already.

Thanks for the heads up that it's likely to be crowded!

In my opinion - save MK until last. Have two girls aged 4 and 3 and this was our first visit as a family. After MK, everything else is not the same. Just my opinion.

We always go to MK several times during a trip, and it usually ends up being first, but my kids liked all the parks. Of course, MK and Epcot were their favorites, with about a tie between MGM and AK. I wouldn't, however, go to the MK on a Saturday if I had my choice. I would do Epcot on Saturday because the park is big and just doesn't seem as crowded to me, and then hit the MK on Sunday morning. You could always go over to the MK area (or into the MK with your Park hopper) to see those fireworks on Saturday night, but it's not worth spending the whole day there in those Saturday crowds.

But definitely no need to save the MK for last. My family would mutiny if I tried to do that anyway.

I wouldn't wait - you may want to do MK a few times during the trip and I would def suggest extra magic hour if your staying onsite. We go to the EM Park early and then switch to another park early afternoon or after a pool break.

The other parks are so different from MK and have so much to offer to each age group. We always do MK on our first and last day as well as many times in between. This way our last day is made of 1 fav from each member of the family and anything else we have time for.

Regardless of what order you enjoy the parks you will all have a great time!
TJ

If you save it for last, and have the most fun there, you won't be able to turn back the clock and spend more time in the MK. Where if you go there early, and then decide that its more fun for the kids (or yourself) than MGM/Epcot/AK, then why spend a lot of time at the parks you aren't having as much fun at?

But I wouldn't assume your kids will like that park best. Give them all a chance (but I wouldn't wait on MK - you may want to spend more time there than your touring plan allows).

In other words - having a touring plan is a good idea, but don't carve it in stone. Build in enough flexibility that you can spend extra time where you've enjoyed yourself the most. And don't be afraid to scrap it completely - especially when traveling with a three year old.

We ALWAYS "do" MK first. But the reason you get park HOPPERS is so that you can enjoy more than one park each day. We have never (that I can recall ;) ) spent the entire day, from start to bitter end in one park exclusively.

My family enjoys every park, so we don't have the *let-down* that some people may warn you of....but seeing that castle, larger than life - I'd never make my family WAIT for that. That would be a cruel sort of torture for them. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter