"Ooh, that's gertlush!" A Delicious February 2014 DDP Dining Report!

Awwww - first day Mickey waffles - perfection!

Your DHS cupcakes sound amazing!!!

We were not huge fans of the food at 1900 for dinner during our August trip either. But it’s fun to meet the Step Family!

Mickey waffles!!! What a way to start your first (or any) Disney day :thumbsup2

I saw a picture of that cupcake on DFB the other day and I have to agree - it looks gertlush ;)

Awwww - first day Mickey waffles - perfection!

Your DHS cupcakes sound amazing!!!

We were not huge fans of the food at 1900 for dinner during our August trip either. But it’s fun to meet the Step Family!

Yep, it's a must-have breakfast. I'm still dreaming of the waffles with strawberries from Crystal Palace- yum!

We thought Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys were much better food wise. But the character interaction was the best here.

Mickey waffles!!! What a way to start your first (or any) Disney day :thumbsup2

I saw a picture of that cupcake on DFB the other day and I have to agree - it looks gertlush ;)

Indeed. Mmmmmm.

And it's a great use of the dessert on a CS meal too. I wouldn't have paid $5 for it OOP.

I've never heard of Gertlush but I've had my fair share of Percy Pigs so I'm in :rotfl2:

I've never heard of Gertlush but I've had my fair share of Percy Pigs so I'm in :rotfl2:

Welcome! Yep, you qualify for the special, VIP "Has Eaten Percy Pigs" seat then. :rotfl2:

I am joining along...

Welcome!

Count me in! I can't resist a good cupcake review....:yay:

Welcome! We ate a lot of cupcakes! Disney are great for them.

Yum cupcakes!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Welcome! They were very yum.

Wonderful cupcakes!!! Great start!pixiedust:

Welcome and thank you. :) They were.

Day 2/Epcot - February 12th 2014

I can't exactly remember what we had for breakfast this morning (and neither can Mum. Oops.) but I think we may have had a left over dessert or toast or whatever.

Rating:
Good?

Lunch was at Sunshine Seasons. It was MUCH MUCH better then last time.

I had the Turkey and Monterey Jack on Ciabatta minus the monterey jack and the chipotle mayonnaise. For dessert I had a carrot cake cupcake. Mum had the salmon with green beans, minus the salsa and the strawberry shortcake for dessert. Meals were great, desserts were to die for.

DSCF2018.jpg

DSCF2168.jpg

DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2019.jpg

Rating:
Desserts: Gertlush Main Meals: Great

For a mid day snack I had a Mickey ice cream sandwich. Yummy! I'm pretty sure you know what they look like, so no pics.

Rating:
Great

After a disastrous evening in which it bucketed down with rain and Mum's scooter decided to give up the ghost, it was Coral Reef for dinner.

Our server was great and seated us at a table almost in front of the tank. We didn't have very high expectations from all the mixed reviews, but we really enjoyed our meals!

I had the rainbow trout with beans:
DSCF2022.jpg

Mum had the steak:
DSCF2021.jpg

And we both had the infamous chocolate wave for dessert:
DSCF2023.jpg

(Mine was minus the birthday plaque)

Rating:
Great

To be continued.....

Just to clarify, gurt lush is a Bristolian saying, and I got it from Russell Howard.

I had four gurt lush desserts this year, but Sparkly hasn't got round to uploading the pictures yet (my pictures, incidentally!

Hi :)

Yum! I can't get over the Red Velvet Cupcake, I love those Disney Cupcakes! I can't wait to get my paws on one soon.

Thank you for posting your report and pictures. I am looking forward to more.

Luving the reviews! Thanks, we are going in June....can't wait!

Thank you and you're welcome. :) Hope it inspired you to choose the best desserts at every CS. :cool1:

Just to clarify, gurt lush is a Bristolian saying, and I got it from Russell Howard.

I had four gurt lush desserts this year, but Sparkly hasn't got round to uploading the pictures yet (my pictures, incidentally!

LOL, hi. Yes, I know I haven't credited you. And yes, I will upload more.

Hi :)

Yum! I can't get over the Red Velvet Cupcake, I love those Disney Cupcakes! I can't wait to get my paws on one soon.

Thank you for posting your report and pictures. I am looking forward to more.

Hello. :)

That red velvet cupcake was soo good, easily one of the best at Disney. I'm assuming you were talking about the one at DHS, in which case I think it's only offered in February.

You're welcome. I'll hopefully have more up tonight.

Following. Mmmm, the chocolate wave! Looking at that picture makes me want to go back to Coral Reef again on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter