OOGIE BOOGIE October Exercise Challenge

So much :rainbow::rainbow: going on since last night!! Five out of six possible colors, in fact!

Please join me in congratulating the following:

new member elsaandsulley, who jumped right to Sally Blue;

Tasha228, who moved to Zero Orange;

PollyannaMom and the team as a whole, who transformed into Mayor of Halloween Town Purple;

Twilight Sparkle, who achieved Sandy Claws Red; and

Fleur Delacour, who skipped right over Sandy Claws Red and became the first team member to gain Oogie Boogie WISH Green status!

Way to go, everyone!

"Sandy Claws" is how Jack hears (and misunderstands) the name of Santa Claus, who is voiced by Ed Ivory. One of the movie's songs, "Kidnap the Sandy Claws," was covered by the band korn. Check out the movie dubbed with korn on YouTube:

Oogie Boogie, the villain of the movie, is voiced by Ken Page. The lights in Oogie Boogie's lair turn him a vivid green -- hence his WISH Green status this month.

Oogie Boogie's song is also on YouTube:

Notably, a couple of other members are within mere minutes of changing color!

And finally, I see that a local movie theater is showing Nightmare over Halloween weekend! A chance to see it (or see it again) on the big screen!

Last edited:

Congratulations to Saphire5742 and 2manypets, who both turned the only color missing yesterday -- Jack Skellington Grey!

Tis the season for Haunted Mansion Holiday! Every year since 2001, from September to the beginning of January, Jack, Zero, and the Nightmare gang take over the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. Several voice actors from the movie were involved in creating dialogue, and numerous aspects of the ride are adapted. Hopefully I'll get a chance to board a Black Christmas Sleigh (aka Doom Buggy) and check out the Nightmare overlay someday!

yesterday - 90 minutes

today - nothing because I'm sick

3256/3000

Hope you're feeling better!

75 mins for yesterday of lower body and jumping rope

1119/1300

I love the jumping rope part! (I may have to dig mine out next time I'm short minutes!)

35 minutes since my last post, mostly walking, for 300/465.

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for becoming the second team member to turn Oogie Boogie WISH Green!

One of the features of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion Holiday is a specially created gingerbread house that you'll find in the ballroom. Over the years, the houses have ranged from 5 feet to 15 feet in height! Sometimes the houses are explicitly Nightmare-themed--in 2003, approximately 9,999 green gummy frogs made up Oogie Boogie; in 2004, there was the Zero Haunted Mansion Dog House; and in 2012, it was Jack's mansion.

For a peek at this year's gingerbread house design (which also is Nightmare-related), check out the Disney Parks Blog.

Last edited:
74 min today
1139/1400

Tis the season for Haunted Mansion Holiday! Every year since 2001, from September to the beginning of January, Jack, Zero, and the Nightmare gang take over the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland.

So excited to be seeing this next year at Disneyland! Better get a move on and watch the movie till then so I can fully enjoy it.

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for becoming the second team member to turn Oogie Boogie WISH Green!

One of the features of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion Holiday is a specially created gingerbread house that you'll find in the ballroom. Over the years, the houses have ranged from 5 feet to 15 feet in height! Sometimes the houses are explicitly Nightmare-themed--in 2003, approximately 9,999 green gummy frogs made up Oogie Boogie; in 2004, there was the Zero Haunted Mansion Dog House; and in 2012, it was Jack's mansion.

For a peek at this year's gingerbread house design (which also is Nightmare-related), check out the Disney Parks Blog.

Thanks for the congrats!

I wish I could see the house in person. I love that it's inspired by Sally. She's my favorite character. What fun it would be to design things for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter