Oogie Boogie 2004 Dates! 3 Dates in August!

I get that Halloween has become bigger than Christmas for Disney but I wish Halloween would be limited to October or maybe including the last weekend of September.
I agree. I wouldn't mind all of Sept/Oct because it's officially fall, but August still feels like summer and not Halloweenish to me.

I'd be disappointed if I went for a summer trip in August and there were Halloween decorations everywhere—Just a reminder that summer is ending and school is just around the corner.

Honestly, the biggest hurdle (based on how things worked last year) is going to be getting through the queue to even have the option to purchase tickets. Last year, the demand was so great that some people were in the queue for hours, and either never got through (the queue closed before they could purchase tickets and they were kicked off), or (as you said) the dates they wanted were no longer available when they finally made it through. It was a mess, and a lot of people were left very disappointed.
Plenty of tickets on the secondary market though.... I can't believe this problem can't be fixed yet....

I see both sides of this....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween, and the more I can get the better.....that said, I'm also not a fan of traditionally Fall events taking place in Summer.

I DO, however, wish they'd fix the phone/ticket purchasing options. I'm sure it's not a priority, because they know they have "super fans", who will continue to jump through their hoops.

So have they ever had August dates? Or are they adding August dates because they're avoiding the Marathon weekend?

If that's the case, I can understand. Other than that exception, having it start in August is weird to me, because August is still summer imo.

Hello! Does anyone have an idea of when tickets will go on sale? I have a reservation for CG in September and hoping to go. I haven't gone to the party in DL since 2017.

Hello! Does anyone have an idea of when tickets will go on sale? I have a reservation for CG in September and hoping to go. I haven't gone to the party in DL since 2017.
Last year tickets went on sale June 29, although it was a disaster and they had to host a second general ticket sale a few weeks later. Disney has not said when tickets will go on sale this year, but I would assume it would be around the end of June again.

Last year tickets went on sale June 29, although it was a disaster and they had to host a second general ticket sale a few weeks later. Disney has not said when tickets will go on sale this year, but I would assume it would be around the end of June again.
Thanks...I remember people being (justifiably) irate about how the sales went. I will probably be in Europe during that time and wonder how it will work.

Thanks...I remember people being (justifiably) irate about how the sales went. I will probably be in Europe during that time and wonder how it will work.

Yeah, last year was a mess so hopefully they have their act together this year. If it works like usual (excluding the crash last year) then when the specified date/time arrives you hop online and get in a ticket buying queue. Then you just wait your turn and hope it takes under an hour and not half a day or more. If/when your turn arrives then you have a few minutes to review the available dates and purchase tickets.

And be sure to be ready with as many dates as possible in advance. You've only got a limited time to select (10 minutes maybe?) and so you may not have time to call the family and check other dates if the one you want is sold out. This happened when we went 2 years ago and I had to make an executive decision on a date and snag one we hadn't discussed. Thankfully it worked out fine!

Last edited:
Yeah, last year was a mess so hopefully they have their act together this year. If it works like usual (excluding the crash last year) then when the specified date/time arrives you hop online and get in a ticket buying queue. Then you just wait your turn and hope it takes under an hour and not half a day or more. If/when your turn arrives then you have a few minutes to review the available dates and purchase tickets.

And be sure to be ready with as many dates as possible in advance. You've only got a limited time to select (10 minutes maybe?) and so you may not have time to call the family and check other dates if the one you want is sold out. This happened when we went 2 years ago and I had to make an executive decision on a date and snag one we hadn't discussed. Thankfully it worked out fine!
Thank you for the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter