Ontario Residents What are Your Summer Plans?

I found this on Facebook and know no one that has used them but was amazed at the businesses that start up.

We have a trailer up on Lake Huron so have not camped in years in a tent but this would eliminate the worst part of camping (drying out all the gear after the trip )

The provincial parks up on Lake Huron, Sauble Falls, McGregor Point and the Pinery are beautiful.
https://tranquilglamping.ca/

So we took the kids to Africa Lion Safari today. We had a great time. The drive through area was not busy like it normally is in the summer. So we could actually take our time in areas we wanted to. We sat and watched the giraffes for a while, and watched the rhinos go and walk around in the water. You can only take your vehicle through, no Safari bus. But the baboons aren’t out so your car won’t get damaged.

The splash area, boat ride and shows aren’t open. But they have opened up the area where you can walk around and look at lemurs, some birds and the elephants. There were so few people there we were often in an area by ourselves.

They also have food available to buy and lots of outdoor seating. So we were able to get some ice cream and funnel cakes and sit on an empty patio over looking the empty splash pad.

Not the normal experience, but a fun afternoon out. Who needs animal kingdom lol.

Did you use the washrooms? How did you feel about that. We go there most summers and have been considering it but I'm worried about my 8 year old daughter needing to use a washroom (and me).

Did you use the washrooms? How did you feel about that. We go there most summers and have been considering it but I'm worried about my 8 year old daughter needing to use a washroom (and me).

Yeah we did. Everyone needs to wear masks when you go inside. They have a staff member watching how many people go in, and they make you sanitize your hands before entering. I’m not that concerned about washrooms because you aren’t there for very long and your not touching face etc, and you are washing your hands after.

Honestly I feel washrooms are one of the less risky places to be because people aren’t spending lots of time there.

Staying home all summer, don't feel comfortable going anywhere yet, and probably won't until there's a vaccine.

We are going to Disney for a total of three and a half weeks...I can’t wait. We are not really into camping (no offence to those that are, I just have a horrible relationship with mosquitoes and black flies from time spent in Muskoka through the years) and there is nothing else to do here in Toronto with the Islands closed and things not really opening up. We did manage to squeeze a few weeks of camp out of the whole mess, so that’s a welcome thing! We thought about going to NYC to visit friends, but ultimately decided that having more to do during the day at Disney would be preferable.

Thought you should read this. Two young people dead. After a vacation in Orlando

https://apple.news/AosAHeIIVTIuxI8OSyfzGyg

I thought it was prudent to put this in this thread in case people are considering Niagara Falls tourism this summer . Please make them earn your business by protecting your safety.

Remember I was saying a few weeks ago that the mayor of Niagara Falls and his cronies were anti mask ? And that I felt that was irresponsible and that not mandating safety standards was going to result in some really unsafe situations ?
When you watch the following video from Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls ( not my video, not my commentary ) please keep in mind the border isn’t even open yet and picture what that will look like on top of this trash fire ..

Last edited:

I have the same concerns... the reality is, many people use the washroom without washing their hands, both before and after, doing their business. So all the environment has been touched by dirty hands. There is also concern of aerosols from toilet flushing. Many scientists have recently warned that COVID-19 may not be just transmitted through droplets. It can also infect through aerosols floating in air. You may notice there is no lid on those toilet seats. Due to handicap accessibility law, public washrooms cannot use toilets with lids. Unfortunately, it makes aerosols flying everywhere when someone flushes.

https://www.healthing.ca/diseases-a...lume-from-flushing-the-toilet-spread-covid-19
I am thinking to use urinal bags... maybe inside the car, with window shade pulled up or beach towel covered up.
Something that looks like this... https://www.traveljohn.com/

We have down a few nights at Koa and a couple nights in picton Both self contained cottages etc. We have 3 more nights at Koa end of August. Start of August I booked two nights at brookstreet in Ottawa bc I was like outdoor pool nearby Mini golf but now as Ottawa’s numbers rise I don’t know

We have down a few nights at Koa and a couple nights in picton Both self contained cottages etc. We have 3 more nights at Koa end of August. Start of August I booked two nights at brookstreet in Ottawa bc I was like outdoor pool nearby Mini golf but now as Ottawa’s numbers rise I don’t know
I've got a KOA booked mid August, but I've been reconsidering. We were just in a provincial park last week, and while it was decent most of the week, on Friday, when that area went to stage 3, it was like COVID had went away. Suddenly nobody's wearing masks anymore, no more social distancing, I saw several families all packed in side by side to watch their combined 20-30 kids play on the 2 swings and 1 slide at the playground, again, all with no masks or other protection. My kids wanted to go play too, but I told them no, not while others were there. With all the the callous attitudes there we ended up skipping our last night and pulled out of there on Saturday afternoon.

I have the same concerns... the reality is, many people use the washroom without washing their hands, both before and after, doing their business. So all the environment has been touched by dirty hands. There is also concern of aerosols from toilet flushing. Many scientists have recently warned that COVID-19 may not be just transmitted through droplets. It can also infect through aerosols floating in air. You may notice there is no lid on those toilet seats. Due to handicap accessibility law, public washrooms cannot use toilets with lids. Unfortunately, it makes aerosols flying everywhere when someone flushes.

https://www.healthing.ca/diseases-a...lume-from-flushing-the-toilet-spread-covid-19
I am thinking to use urinal bags... maybe inside the car, with window shade pulled up or beach towel covered up.
Something that looks like this... https://www.traveljohn.com/

Well they make everyone sanatize their hands as they enter (they have a staff member making sure you do this) so everyone’s hands should be clean when entering. Plus we wash our hands there, and use our own sanitizer once outside. And no touching our faces and everyone has masks on the entire time. Plus since there is no line we are in there for only a couple minutes.

I think the risk for washrooms when done that way is actually very low. Honestly I think resulting to urinal bags and peeing in the car is a little extreme and if I felt I had to do that I just wouldn’t go. But that’s just my opinion.

I've got a KOA booked mid August, but I've been reconsidering. We were just in a provincial park last week, and while it was decent most of the week, on Friday, when that area went to stage 3, it was like COVID had went away. Suddenly nobody's wearing masks anymore, no more social distancing, I saw several families all packed in side by side to watch their combined 20-30 kids play on the 2 swings and 1 slide at the playground, again, all with no masks or other protection. My kids wanted to go play too, but I told them no, not while others were there. With all the the callous attitudes there we ended up skipping our last night and pulled out of there on Saturday afternoon.

Oh no, that's too bad. We spent last weekend at a provincial campground as well, but everyone was so good - everyone kept distance at the beach and in the water, even at the little dog beach we spent a lot of time at. My kids did manage to get on the swings, but no one else was at the playground at the time. Masks were only needed in the office and main comfort station (which we didn't use), but everyone we saw was wearing them in those spots.

The only thing that made me nervous was the camper that was coughing continuously when we were walking by their campsite when we were on a walk with the dog....

Oh no, that's too bad. We spent last weekend at a provincial campground as well, but everyone was so good - everyone kept distance at the beach and in the water, even at the little dog beach we spent a lot of time at. My kids did manage to get on the swings, but no one else was at the playground at the time. Masks were only needed in the office and main comfort station (which we didn't use), but everyone we saw was wearing them in those spots.

The only thing that made me nervous was the camper that was coughing continuously when we were walking by their campsite when we were on a walk with the dog....
Might have just been the particular park then. We were at Earl Rowe, in the Fletcher's Field campground. And it was great for most of the week, everyone masked in the comfort stations, no masks anywhere else but everyone kept their distance when out walking the dogs, biking, whatever. It was only that final day when they went to stage 3 that everything fell apart.

I thought it was prudent to put this in this thread in case people are considering Niagara Falls tourism this summer . Please make them earn your business by protecting your safety.

Remember I was saying a few weeks ago that the mayor of Niagara Falls and his cronies were anti mask ? And that I felt that was irresponsible and that not mandating safety standards was going to result in some really unsafe situations ?
When you watch the following video from Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls ( not my video, not my commentary ) please keep in mind the border isn’t even open yet and picture what that will look like on top of this trash fire ..

I wish I wasn’t posting this ..
you know that video above ? From Niagara Speedway on Clifton Hill last weekend ?

Here is the Covid announcement from them that one of their employees tested positive .

https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/...employee-reportedly-tests-positive-1.13051108

Last edited:
I wish I wasn’t posting this ..
you know that video above ? From Niagara Speedway on Clifton Hill last weekend ?

Here is the Covid announcement from them that one of their employees tested positive .

https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/...employee-reportedly-tests-positive-1.13051108
I put the blame on the mayor of Niagara Falls. They have no interest in making masks mandatory as they are afraid tourists will stay away. My only hope is that the regional government steps in and passes mandatory masks across the region. I'm fine if people want to visit Niagara but if you don't want to follow social distancing then we don't want you.

I put the blame on the mayor of Niagara Falls. They have no interest in making masks mandatory as they are afraid tourists will stay away. My only hope is that the regional government steps in and passes mandatory masks across the region. I'm fine if people want to visit Niagara but if you don't want to follow social distancing then we don't want you.
I firmly drop this in his lap as well.

It seems that the adjacent hotel, Sheraton, is practising the same way. The Tripadvisor reviewers have commented that no one cares to wear mask or social distance and the lobby is packed with crowd.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Re...alls_Hotel-Niagara_Falls_Ontario.html#REVIEWS
I wonder if it is because they are next to the USA so somehow the American way of careless lifestyle gets absorbed through the border?!

It seems that the adjacent hotel, Sheraton, is practising the same way. The Tripadvisor reviewers have commented that no one cares to wear mask or social distance and the lobby is packed with crowd.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Re...alls_Hotel-Niagara_Falls_Ontario.html#REVIEWS
I wonder if it is because they are next to the USA so somehow the American way of careless lifestyle gets absorbed through the border?!
No, I think it’s because the Mayor and some councillors have taken the approach that an economic recovery is more important than health and safety and so the businesses are following suit. If the people in control are indicating to everyone that this was all overblown, then some people are going to believe them. If the city isn‘t mandating or even suggesting an opening strategy to businesses , a lot of them won’t bother.
The tourists are from all over Ontario, they bring their attitudes with them.
I don’t think it’s fair to stereotype all Americans as any one thing. They are as varied and dynamic as Canadians.

No, I think it’s because the Mayor and some councillors have taken the approach that an economic recovery is more important than health and safety and so the businesses are following suit. If the people in control are indicating to everyone that this was all overblown, then some people are going to believe them. If the city isn‘t mandating or even suggesting an opening strategy to businesses , a lot of them won’t bother.
The tourists are from all over Ontario, they bring their attitudes with them.
I don’t think it’s fair to stereotype all Americans as any one thing. They are as varied and dynamic as Canadians.
And I was shocked at ho many Canadians seem to think this is all over. I was in for an xray today and there was a family before me. Only one person getting something done, but the whole family had to go with them. The 10 year old had his mask on his head like a hat and mom and dad were wearing masks with their noses sticking out. Only the teen was wearing it right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter