~Only Disney could make sorting trash fun~ UPDATED 12/23

Peter Pan Fan 22

Mouseketeer
I finally get to write my first trip report! I'm excited to share some of the magical moments from our recent trip to the World! :smickey:

Here’s a link to my pre-trippie if you’d like to check it out: ~The Saints won the Superbowl and we’re going to Disney World!!~

Our cast of characters for this trip included:
My mom Kim: shares my love of food and rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad for the first time this trip!
My dad Kelly: wishes we could go someplace else on vacation for a change, but puts up with us going back time after time.
Sister Holly: is the owner of almost every Disney movie released since 1994 and loves PhilharMagic.
Nephew Jace (10) (the virtual trash king): loves Donald Duck and got talked into riding The Haunted Mansion despite saying for a year he wouldn't. ;)
Niece Rylan (2) (the princess): first-timer to Disney and really dislikes 3-D shows that spray water on you. (Which is pretty much all of them! :rolleyes1)
Me Alicia: Disney music lover and trip planner.

IMG_1604.jpg

108.jpg

IMG_0927edited.jpg

Table of Contents
Part 1: Olive Juice and Coconut

Part 2: Island Hopping and Downtown Shopping
Island Hopping and Downtown Shopping (2)
Island Hopping and Downtown Shopping (3)

Part 3: Pineapple beds and Project window display

Part 4: A Fantasmic Night

Part 5: Ostriches, and Dinos, and ducks! Oh, my!...
Ostriches, and Dinos, and ducks! Oh, my!... (2)

Part 6: Who said it was easy to be a bug?!

Part 7: Prehistoric B-ball
Prehistoric B-ball (2)

Part: 8: Two trips to Everest and an evening at the lodge
Two trips to Everest and an evening at the lodge (2)

Part 9: Jace joins the Green Army
Jace joins the Green Army (2)

Part 10: Please don’t ask me to clap anymore
Please don’t ask me to clap anymore (2)

Part 11: Ugly Betty is canceled
Ugly Betty is canceled (2)

Part 12: Breakfast at the Palace and meeting a DISer

Part 13: A fantastical morning

Part 14: Why can’t Disney be like the DMV?
Why can’t Disney be like the DMV? (2)

Part 15: That's my joke!!
That's my joke!! (2)

Part 16: Flowers and Fast Cars

Part 17: There’s a flash photography offender in the family

Part 18: Garbage Truck Driving 101

Part 19: My Secret Surprise!
My Secret Surprise! (2)

Part 20: Where in the world is Tiana?

Part 21: Our cruise on the Ucyali Lolly

Part 22: Jace conquers his fears
Jace conquers his fears (2)

Part 23: Leave room for dessert
Leave room for dessert (2)

Part 24: Flower and Garden Festivities
Flower and Garden Festivities (2)

Part 25: Eating around the World
Eating around the World (2)

Part 26: Where’s Dad???

Part 27: Voices of Liberty

Part 28: Kaki gori and Genie lamps

Part 29: Too full for France
Too full for France (2)

Part 30: Jace’s dream come true

Part 31: Headed home

Souvenirs & Final Thoughts

The Drive and Our Arrival at Caribbean Beach

Our magical vacation was a year in the making and began on April 23. When I got back from work on Friday I was scrambling. I had planned and planned so much, but there were so many last minute things that needed to get done.

We did end up leaving earlier than I expected though. Pulling out of the driveway at 10:23 p.m. We were hitting the road at night to avoid traffic, let the kiddies sleep and so we’d have a nice full day in Disney on Saturday.

The drive was fairly uneventful and we made good time. I think we must have passed 347,000 Waffle Houses! I took cat naps along the way and every time I would open my eyes we’d be passing another one. (On a side note: I remember Waffle Houses were some of the first places to pop back up on the Gulf Coast after Katrina. Those suckers are resilient! I’m thinking that come the end of the world, the cockroaches won't be alone, I'm sure there will also be plenty of Waffle Houses still around.;))

I also remember opening my eyes around 2 a.m. as we were passing under a bridge with a train overhead which had the words “Olive Juice” spray painted on it. Now I know this was just graffiti, but it was 2 a.m. and I was still halfway asleep, so seeing this was the oddest thing to me. I kept thinking it must be somebody’s nickname that they were tagging this train with. Then I’m thinking what a horrible nickname that was and how they must have gotten it. Living in the deep south, I’ve heard of my share of great nicknames. Just in my hometown there’s a Ning-a-ning, Boogie, Tit Tit, Bebop, Put Put, Porkchop, Bozo, Ping and Teeta, so I don’t know why I’m surprised by Olive juice….but it’s just so ewwwww.

We stopped twice for gas, one more time just for coffee and a bathroom break. We ate breakfast at McDonalds at 6 a.m. (after finding our way through the maze of Waffle Houses :)) in Suwannee, Fl.

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

We arrived at Caribbean Beach at 10:30 a.m. We drove and then walked around the resort. I loved it at first sight! Beautiful colors! So tropical and inviting! :beach: My mom made the comment that she smelled coconut when we walked in the lobby. She was the only one who smelled it, so I don’t know if it was one of those magical Disney touches, or just someone passing her with sunscreen :rolleyes:, but she thought it made for a great start to staying at CBR.

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

We did all hear the Caribbean Music outside Old Port Royale and that really made me feel like I was finally on the vacation I had been day-dreaming about while sitting in my office at work. :music:

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925edited.jpg

We took a look at the pool.

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

We peeked in the arcade for a minute.

IMG_0939.jpg

Then we ate lunch at the Old Port Royale food court. My dad got the Royale Sandwich. He seemed to like it. My mom and I split a cheeseburger. (We added all the fixins) We also bought our refillable mugs.

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

I purchased post cards in the gift shop afterwards. I had brought stamps from home, but the CM did ask me if I’d like to buy stamps. So if anyone was wondering, you can just get them there. The mailbox is this cute little bright blue box that almost looks cartoonish. I thought it might just be decoration, but I tossed the post cards in and hoped for the best. (I did get word last night that one of my friends did get hers, so I now know it was the real one. :laughing:) It’s located right on the wall in between the Pizza and Pasta shop and the Grab-and-Go market.

You can see it at the bottom right hand side of this pic.
IMG_1849.jpg

Next up… an unplanned trip to Downtown Disney.

I am enjoying your trip report!!! I loved all the themed parties you did leading up to the trip. I just might steal your idea (if you do not mind) and do that for my family. I am glad you had a great trip and cannot wait to read more . Your right Waffle Houses may make it to the end!!!

Great story. Olive Juice reminded me of the movie the Other Sister. Where instead of saying I love you, they mouthed olive juice

Great Start!! I love all of the CBR pictures - we stayed there last year and your pictures bring back some great memories. Can't wait to hear where you room was.

Hey! Alicia
great start on your TR! you have beautiful clear photos!
can't wait to travel along with you guys!
You make CBR look like the next resort of choice...
:wave2: Connie

hey alicia! I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it! I still have to start my TR! LOL!

Alrighty, all caught up! Great start to your TR! You’re really quick in getting it started! I totally forgot you stayed at CBR! (sorry!) I just loved it. You took really great pics by the way! Oh and I asked a CM where the mailbox was and yup, that’s the one she directed me to so that’s another confirmation for you! LOL! About the coconut smell in the lobby, I didn’t smell anything but I’m probably immune to it since I smell that all the time here in Hawaii! LOL! Can’t wait for more pics and updates!

I am enjoying your trip report!!! I loved all the themed parties you did leading up to the trip. I just might steal your idea (if you do not mind) and do that for my family. I am glad you had a great trip and cannot wait to read more . Your right Waffle Houses may make it to the end!!!

Steal away! :) I stole the idea right from a thread on the Families board! ;) Everybody there shares some ideas and then DISers just take some general stuff from others and make the party their own. :thumbsup2

Great story. Olive Juice reminded me of the movie the Other Sister. Where instead of saying I love you, they mouthed olive juice

You know I saw that movie and I completely forgot about that! That totally changes my opinion about it from something gross to something nice! I gotta see that movie again now. I remember liking it. Thanks! :)

Great Start!! I love all of the CBR pictures - we stayed there last year and your pictures bring back some great memories. Can't wait to hear where you room was.

Thanks Amy! :goodvibes

Hey! Alicia
great start on your TR! you have beautiful clear photos!
can't wait to travel along with you guys!
You make CBR look like the next resort of choice...
:wave2: Connie

Thanks Connie! CBR was great! :thumbsup2 I caught up on your TR last night. Hopefully things settle down and I can stay on top of all the reports I follow! I love seeing Disney through other people's eyes!

hey alicia! I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it! I still have to start my TR! LOL!

Alrighty, all caught up! Great start to your TR! You’re really quick in getting it started! I totally forgot you stayed at CBR! (sorry!) I just loved it. You took really great pics by the way! Oh and I asked a CM where the mailbox was and yup, that’s the one she directed me to so that’s another confirmation for you! LOL! About the coconut smell in the lobby, I didn’t smell anything but I’m probably immune to it since I smell that all the time here in Hawaii! LOL! Can’t wait for more pics and updates!

Can't wait to read yours too Keala! :) Thanks for the confirmation! :laughing: I swear I thought it was fake. :rotfl: I stood staring at it for the longest time before taking a gamble and throwing my post cards in. People must have thought I was a weirdo who didn't know how to use the mail!

Joining in, those disney photos are so cheerful!!!

Welcome! :wave2: Your trip is coming up soon! I'll have to check out your PTR!

Okay, I've gone back and read it all and am back to comment. First off, your family is simply adorable. Such cutie pies.

Your pictures of the Caribbean Beach Resort are gettin' me all excited. I'll be back there again in just 17 days! I don't think your Mother was imagining things when she said she smelled coconut. I love the smell of the CBR. It actually does have a tropical smell around it.

It sounds like your vacation is off to a great start.

I'm in! We stayed at CBR a fews years ago too - loved it. Can wait to read all about your trip.

Cathy

Okay, I've gone back and read it all and am back to comment. First off, your family is simply adorable. Such cutie pies.

Your pictures of the Caribbean Beach Resort are gettin' me all excited. I'll be back there again in just 17 days! I don't think your Mother was imagining things when she said she smelled coconut. I love the smell of the CBR. It actually does have a tropical smell around it.

It sounds like your vacation is off to a great start.

Thanks Lisa!! I'll let me mom know you said that about the coconut. We were kinda teasing her about it because none of us smelled it. :)

I'm in! We stayed at CBR a fews years ago too - loved it. Can wait to read all about your trip.

Cathy

Welcome! Yes, CBR is great! I just wish we would have spent more time enjoying it. There's just so much to see and do!

Joining In!:goodvibes

Thanks for coming along! :goodvibes

Great start Alicia!!! CBR looks beautiful!!! I am so looking forward to reading all about your trip!!!! Great pictures too!!!:goodvibes

Hi Alicia! I'm here! I can't wait to hear the rest of your report! I laughed when I read the Olive Juice part because we used to say that in junior high! We thought it was so funny that it looked like you were saying "I love you" if you mouthed it! I also love the Waffle House reference! I think they should have put a Waffle House in Wall-e! :rotfl:

Downtown Disney

When we checked in we were told our rooms weren’t ready yet, but that we did get what we had requested (first floor and rooms next to each other :cool1:), and that we would be in Barbados. I was like Woohoo!! (although I had NO IDEA if that was a good thing or not! :rolleyes1) :laughing: But I figured Rihanna is from Barbados, and I like her, so it was all good! :teeth: We were given our keys to the world and wished a magical time. :goodvibes

We then decided to go spend some time at Downtown Disney. Someone suggested it, and while it wasn’t planned, the “new” me was determined to go with the flow. :thumbsup2 (The old me would have wanted to stick to the plan :rolleyes1) But what the heck, let’s go!

We circled CBR in the van…singing Kokomo by the Beach Boys of course!

Aruba, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya
To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go
Jamaica
off the Florida Keys
There's a place called Kokomo
That's where you wanna go to get away from it all

My dad stayed and napped in the van (he drove the whole way there and our luggage was on the top) while the rest of us enjoyed walking around and taking in Downtown Disney at a leisurely pace while we awaited a text to let us know our room was ready.

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

043.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

I could spend sooooo much time and money in here! Love it!

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

Goofy’s Candy Co. (We shared chocolate covered pretzel rods dipped in oreo crumbs, mini m&ms and mini peanut butter chips, and drizzled with white chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmm….Want. One. Now.

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

Heading back to CBR...

050.jpg

We went back to the Custom House at 3:18 to see if our room was ready. (We still hadn’t received a text.) I stayed in the van, with my mom and the sleeping kids, while my dad and sister went in.

They were taking a while and we were wondering what they could be doing taking so long. They come back, and my dad (who likes to freak me out), says “throw away your key to the world card!” WHAT!?! “They gave us new rooms,” he said. Apparently the rooms we were originally assigned weren’t ready, so we were given new rooms in Martinique!! I was like Woohoo!! (although I STILL had NO IDEA if that was a good thing or not! :rolleyes1) :laughing: But I figured it was closer to Old Port Royale, so it was all good!

Aruba, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya
To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go

Ooh I wanna take you down to Kokomo
We'll get there fast
And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go
Way down to Kokomo

To Martinique, that Monserrat mystique

So to Martinique we went! I liked the blue buildings better than the Pepto Bismol pink ones of Barbados anyway. ;)

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

The view from our room. It was fantastic!!

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

Next up… we get to see our room... and I get to decorate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter